Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
A hot day means it’s time for creek fetch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Scuse me kind sirs, would you please sign my pawtition? Its to ban hoomans from leaving the house without their dogs

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I'd sign that!

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Scuse me kind sirs, would you please sign my pawtition? Its to ban hoomans from leaving the house without their dogs

That's one tall doggo.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

long dog is long

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ledge posted:

That's one tall doggo.

No one believes me when I say he's loving gigantic :shrug:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Walks are now restricted to evenings due to high temps...it does give us some nice light, though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah, noah is decidedly unenthused about being outside for longer than bathroom time in the summer. she's got really thick black fur and gets hot super easily, so she would much rather spend time in front of the fan on mom's bed, making a mess of her pillows and blankets.

she will do zoomies in the house for 3 or 4 loops and then realize she hosed up and go sit in the bedroom with the AC because it's 90+ degrees and humid lol

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Signed on behalf of Younger Apollo

Every time we leave the apartment Lando just goes upstairs and falls asleep on our master bed with no fuss at all so he’s kind of ambivalent.

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007

Hi long time reader first time poster. Look at these two little partners in crime. They're adorable.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
definitely the looks of a pair about to go cause some real trouble for mom and/or dad

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mirrors posted:

Hi long time reader first time poster. Look at these two little partners in crime. They're adorable.

:luca:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
In other news, yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of Gulliver's adoption. No pics, but I took him to a local ice cream stand where he got a doggie cone of vanilla ice cream! I got some raspberry chocolate chip for myself.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Signed on behalf of Younger Apollo

Every time we leave the apartment Lando just goes upstairs and falls asleep on our master bed with no fuss at all so he’s kind of ambivalent.

Apollo really is the best name for a dog, it implies a god, a rocket, and drat if that ain't Apollo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:chloe:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Anyone else's dog think that they are a cat?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I know, but I had the leash in one hand and the cone in the other and couldn't hold my phone. :smith:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s ok :)

Happy dogday Gulliver!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Today a woman tried to let her murder beast into my apartment's communal dog park and I just shouted at her to "Get hosed" for five minutes until she got away from the entrance so we could leave.
Sorry, I'm just mad about it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

HootTheOwl posted:

Today a woman tried to let her murder beast into my apartment's communal dog park and I just shouted at her to "Get hosed" for five minutes until she got away from the entrance so we could leave.
Sorry, I'm just mad about it.

What’s a murder beast?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
One would assume a poorly trained dog that can’t be around any other dogs or incidents will ensue. At our dog park there is a lady with two dogs that are dumb and mean, but she knows this and goes super early in the morning when nobody else is there and evacuates as soon as someone (Pongo and I) shows up.

I’d almost feel bad for her, but honestly why even bother getting a pass if you are gonna have to deal with that every time?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FrozenVent posted:

What’s a murder beast?

A bad dog that already attacked my dog once before. Took a tuft of fur off his face and my dog goes into a panic any time she and her murderbeast are around.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

After Lando got repeatedly attacked by an off-leash tan hound, he is now ruined for those dogs. Any time he sees one he can’t help but bark furiously even if they’re across the street and not paying any attention to him.

gently caress lovely owners. They don’t deserve dogs.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Yeah Kiki is super anxious around other dogs, so we don’t take her to parks and stuff. Took her a few times to try to desensitize her but it looks too stressful for her.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don’t go to my local dog park anymore because Monty has been attacked twice there.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

"Do you have time to speak about Jesus, our lord & shepherd?"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Cam has definitely learned when I'm getting dressed for work, and definitely is not a fan. Lots of whining, trying to get in the way, with sporadic barking.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah, noah knows when I'm going to work because that's when I put on the steel toe boots and she tries to get in my way when I'm putting them on, shoving her head in my face to stop me. I often have to have mom hold her collar while I put my boots on or distract her with a treat.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Kiki’s good, you tell her “no Kiki, you can’t come, go to bed” and she’ll just go to her bed and give you a heart breaking look.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the sound of shoes on the floor is the "maybe i get to go outside too" sound, didn't you all know that?? :buddy:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Pupper playdates are awesome but public parks are a nightmare for the same reason unregulated public goods always are, some rear end in a top hat is always waiting to FYGM them.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Our town park is good. They charge $8/mo for a membership to help with upkeep, require vaccination records to get an access fob, and have cameras covering the park from the restroom outside the fence. Separate areas for large/small dogs too so there aren’t any accidents where a small dog gets trucked by a large one and gets hurt.

E: a seat cover has been a wise investment with as much as we go to the dog park to chase balls

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 29, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Brisket has been excessively active the last few nights, up and playful a good hour past his bedtime, so tonight we broke out the Good Treato: A bully stick.
And he's currently been whining for the last 10 minutes because he's very worried he won't be in the correct spot when he eats it.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 31, 2021

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Reunited with my hunky boys after a week away and I missed those derpy smiles so much

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

From my dog walker...

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Just hanging out and watching the water skiiers in the main channel right at the wake zone entrance

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pongo stayed with some friends and their dogs over the weekend; he was an extremely good boy and had a great time. Definitely had to reward him today with some good play time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

devmd01 posted:

Pongo stayed with some friends and their dogs over the weekend; he was an extremely good boy and had a great time. Definitely had to reward him today with some good play time.

I'm sure you've been asked before, but where do you live with all these idyllic creeks? I would love to take Noa to one like it but all the waters around here are...much deeper and more rapid.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

There are shallow creeks everywhere, you just gotta know where!

(Okay that one you definitely can't walk across, at least not without some knee-high fishing boots)

One of those is only a 30 minute drive for me, the other is about an hour.

I'm jealous of Pongo's recall though, I can't let mine off the leash. I am a very distant Third Place in the chain of command behind Bonnie's stomach and nose. Gigi I think would be okay off leash, but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Basically Pawnee, Indiana. It’s the same creek that runs north to south through the entire county. We have four really nice town/county parks that are next to it with lots of accessibility to the creek.