Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

high pitch erik the wrestler

Please. I don't ask for much but can someone make this happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Please. I don't ask for much but can someone make this happen.

I seek this also

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I seek this also

Erik would be down for the cop worship and the writers would love to write skits where he scams people so this is a winner all around.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Foley could get up there, especially as Mankind with the squealing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Honestly Brock's voice is a little incongruous coming from his frame.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
As someone who's seen both happen in real time, is Fuego del Sol's rise the same as when they (the Elite/Cody/Etc.) specially put over Flip Gordon?

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Zombie Lemur posted:

Has anyone ever asked Paul Wight about WWE trying to force the Yes chant on to him?

I know they had him do a bunch of stupid, humiliating poo poo but that had to be incredibly awkward in a different sort of way.

Wasn’t this more WWE trying to take the “Yes!” chants off of Bryan and making it a “WWE Universe” thing?

At the height of DBry’s popularity, WWE was trying to squash him in favor of Orton/Cena (again); Bryan got dicked-over after main eventing a few bad PPVs and shuffled down the card while WWE ran a title unification storyline with Randy winning and facing Big Show as his first big feud.

The fans rabidly wanted Bryan and had “Yes!” chants going all-show; WWE, rather than use that to push Bryan, had Big Show and Alberto De Rio (with “ˇSí!” chants) half-heartedly do the “Yes!” taunt with the fans, with commentary pitching it as “wow, the WWE Universe LOVES Big Show/ADR!”

By Royal Rumble (the Batista one, where fans booed Rey Mysterio of all people once they realized Bryan wasn’t coming out at 30), the writing was on the wall that Bryan was too hot a commodity to not capitalize on, though they sure as hell tried their damndest to keep him out of the main event of Wrestlemania until the last minute. Bryan even reclaimed the “Yes!” chants in his surprisingly good mini-feud with the Wyatt Family, though once he got injured after Mania WWE had no problem disassociating the “Yes!” chants from Bryan again in favor of it being a WWE Universe thing, just like “THIS IS AWESOME!” and the like.

I would imagine Paul Wight, company man that he was, likely just did as he was told and went with the taunt as a means to have ANYONE connect to the Orton/Big Show feud they were running. Always seemed like he was willing to do pretty much anything so long as he got paid (how else do you explain the New Years Baby stuff?).

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

As someone who's seen both happen in real time, is Fuego del Sol's rise the same as when they (the Elite/Cody/Etc.) specially put over Flip Gordon?

I'd say Fuego's rise is due specifically to Cody, Sammy Guevara, and Fuego himself; the guy got in way better shape once he got a real opportunity and has become a great underdog babyface.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Dawgstar posted:

Honestly Brock's voice is a little incongruous coming from his frame.

LET'S DO THIIIIIIIIISSS???

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

CombineThresher posted:

I'd say Fuego's rise is due specifically to Cody, Sammy Guevara, and Fuego himself; the guy got in way better shape once he got a real opportunity and has become a great underdog babyface.

He's also go the best rear end in wrestling...

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Wasn’t this more WWE trying to take the “Yes!” chants off of Bryan and making it a “WWE Universe” thing?

I honestly have no idea, I'd already stopped watching by that point and only saw the Big Show stuff after the fact. I also didn't know they had Del Rio doing it too.

Bryan's popularity sort of crossed over into the mainstream so I was aware of it and I checked it out without actually watching WWE. I also knew who he was from his early WWE days and the indies. So I was aware of him and what he was doing, but not any of the machinations going on behind the scenes.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

If my memory is correct, the reason Del Rio got the Sí chants was because he was facing Batista in the previous PPV, and that was the way that fans chose to poo poo on that match. Del Rio was the heel of that match and the fans cheered all of his offense.

Edit: here’s the match. If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but I’ll watch and find out

Edit 2: the chants start about six minutes in

https://youtu.be/wQEvi8swexU

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 28, 2021

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

BodyMassageMachine posted:

It sure seems like it.

At one point both Vince and Stephanie just used it themselves. The Big Show thing.

The Vince one was pretty weird too. I'm pretty sure that's the incident where the crowd was told to chant "Yes!" as a get well thing for Daniel Bryan but they used the audio and footage for a Vince pre-tape hyping the network and doing the chant too.

What a stupid company.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I have this vague memory from around the time when Roddy Piper showed up in WCW to fight Hogan. He gets beat down by the nWo and he's being stretchered out.

As he's on the stretcher he starts screaming gibberish and more or less foaming at the mouth. Either Schiavone or Tenay yell "he's speaking Gaelic!" or something like that, as if that's supposed to be this huge thing.

I guess the question is, does anyone else remember this? I don't think I've seen it since it happened and it feels like an insane fever dream at this point.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I do remember that, because they used it for one of the NWO videos that seemingly played 300 times an episode. "Piper!" "Piper!" "Barrachd cofaidh mas e do thoil e"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Zombie Lemur posted:

I have this vague memory from around the time when Roddy Piper showed up in WCW to fight Hogan. He gets beat down by the nWo and he's being stretchered out.

As he's on the stretcher he starts screaming gibberish and more or less foaming at the mouth. Either Schiavone or Tenay yell "he's speaking Gaelic!" or something like that, as if that's supposed to be this huge thing.

I guess the question is, does anyone else remember this? I don't think I've seen it since it happened and it feels like an insane fever dream at this point.

This was followed up a few times including I believe in the infamous Piper's family segment on Nitro months later. That should be easily available on youtube or Daily Motion or something if someone wants more of the fever dream.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I found the nWo vignette that shows Piper screaming, but not the original clip. I'm assuming that this is what DeathChicken was referring to, because it says Piper approximately 7,000 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdL9BBKNwt8

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What ended up happening with the allegations against Enzo Amore? From what I remember, he was accused of assault against a woman in a hotel. Enzo didn't deny meeting her but claimed it was consensual and I remember some of her friends even claiming that she was making it all up for attention, going as far as posting screen shots of her messages both before and after sleeping with Enzo proving that it was consensual. The case got dropped because lack of evidence, was there any more to that story?

I'm not defending Enzo, he's still a huge dipshit and he's still a total dumbass for doing coke with a random fan. He's also annoying as poo poo. I just wanted to know if anything else ever came from that

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
does him dropping a rap track where he tries to rhyme "phoenix" with "consensual penis" count as "anything else"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
His voice sounds like that because of untreated gonorrhea.

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
What NJPW show had a video of Tanahashi dressed like Painmaker Jericho? I've been trying to find a video of this all night but I can't find it anywhere.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I think it was only on whatever show Tanahashi faced Jericho on, a WrestleKingdom, maybe. I think it was only part of the hype package the night of the show.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

oblique posted:

What NJPW show had a video of Tanahashi dressed like Painmaker Jericho? I've been trying to find a video of this all night but I can't find it anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gte2qDhcQlk

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
You guys are true pros, thank you!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

karmicknight posted:

I think it was only on whatever show Tanahashi faced Jericho on, a WrestleKingdom, maybe. I think it was only part of the hype package the night of the show.

I think they played it on a Korakuen show before as well.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

has there ever been a raver gimmick

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Does Jeff Hardy count

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sliami posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, the Hardys and Lita were basically scene kids

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Early Ring of Honor had Special K which were ravers. Jay Lethal was part of that crew when he started in ROH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TUS posted:

Early Ring of Honor had Special K which were ravers. Jay Lethal was part of that crew when he started in ROH.

WrestleRave '03.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I seriously wonder how the dancing Angelico gimmick started. Like maybe it was a conversation, or maybe one day he was just vibing backstage and Tony saw his weird dick conductor dance and said "Yes! Use that!"

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

has anyone had any experience with PWTs customer support. They sent me a shirt with the stitching coming off and then stopped answering my emails!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sticklefifer posted:

I seriously wonder how the dancing Angelico gimmick started. Like maybe it was a conversation, or maybe one day he was just vibing backstage and Tony saw his weird dick conductor dance and said "Yes! Use that!"

He was dancing and coming out to techno pre-AEW, especially during his run wrestling in Germany.

EDIT: him dancing like a goon while Jeff Cobb looks at him with scorn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Fhig25i1E&t=24s

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 30, 2021

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I guess not his gimmick, but Al Snow’s entrance was supposed to be like a rave.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
There's Blok Busta, who I've only heard of thanks to the Shitarse Fifty.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

sliami posted:

*Prince Nana voice* JIMMY RAVE

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sliami posted:

naomi
th2
early hardy boyz

as far as like 90s candy kids? not to my limited knowledge

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

sliami posted:

I think that's what Facade is supposed to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TUS posted:

Special K were fun as much as Gabe on commentary getting mad that they were spoiled rich kids doing drugs instead of taking wrestling seriously one minute & the next that CM Punk looked down on people who smoked weed & drank bevvy was very unintentionally funny. Gabe sticking up for stoners made him sound like such a tryhard dork.