Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I present to you, fellow posters of culture, three simple truths...

Hamburgers: everyone loves them.
Anime: everyone loves it.
Intellectual Property Laws: Unenforced in Mexico.

One restaurant has capitalized on all these things to embark on a noble vision: to bring anime and burgers together, in a land where not even Disney bothers to defend its IPs. Enter Otaku Burgers: Hamburguesas Artenesales. The finest anime burgers in Mexico (declared by me)!

Official promotional materials from the burgin' masters at Otaku Burgers:

It is a humble restaurant, with a simple mission and simple menu. Burgers and sandwiches, fries and drinks. All appropriately themed and presented in the context of the animes you love! Which burger would you order? I think I would try the Senpai Burger.

(Feel free to correct my garbage spanish when I inevitably mistranslate something)

"Live the experience of eating an Otaku Burger!"

"Ohayo [good morning] sandwiches. All sandwiches include fries"

Folks, this restaurant has built the wall. No not that clown boondogle in the desert. This wall was built by Mexico and they were happy to pay for it. It's the Anime Wall! From what I can tell they just opened this year, 2021. You have the admire the entrepreneurial spirit required to open a restaurant in corona times. But the hard-working, anime-loving burger chefs have a product customers love!

Daily specials for all your burgin' cravings!

"It's Monday! (Three for the price of two?) on all hamburgers!"

"It's Wednesday! Get two waifu [wife] burgers for $200. Get two kawaii [cute] burgers for $170. One bishouju [pretty girl] burger for $110"

"It's Friday! The waifus you can eat with... Get two for $200" (low translation confidence on this one)

Other notables:

Ahegaonatomy of a burger

Uzaki-Chan "Sugoi" chicken burger

'The lolis" petite quesadilla-burgs.

If you find yourself in Villahermosa, Mexico, don't miss the chance to try an Otaku Burger!

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Anime is trash but those burgs look good, so I'm conflicted.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Just gonna go ahead and bless this entire thread with a catch-all

she burgin'

vocaloid orgasm
Apr 15, 2011

I keep on singing
Eternal life
VOCALOID
If it's good enough for Nico and Nino, it's good enough for me.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Looks like poo poo OP!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Pictured: UNKNOWN otaku burg. It doesn't seem to be on the main menu.

Important note: I'm fairly confident that the top ingredient (below the bun) is NOT tater tots but... breaded cheese sticks.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
All these anime chicks be burgin as hell

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
Why's that lettuce hanging out so far? Looks like the saddest neckbeard on a mutated Toad.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This thread is more cringe than I was expecting. I don’t like “cringe humor”.

Having said that, would the second burg from the right and maybe the one on the far right depending on what those chunks are. I am undecided on the far-left burg until I know what’s on it. The third burg from the left looks loving disgusting, although I could tell that just based on the fact they put it next to a Black Clover character.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Meme Poker Party posted:

Important note: I'm fairly confident that the top ingredient (below the bun) is NOT tater tots but... breaded cheese sticks.

I have eaten sandwiches with fried mozzarella cheesesticks on them and can confirm they are a pro-tier burg topping.

What I’m saying is call Guy Fieri and tell him to feature this place on Triple D.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I. M. Gei posted:

Having said that, would the second burg from the right and maybe the one on the far right depending on what those chunks are. I am undecided on the far-left burg until I know what’s on it. The third burg from the left looks loving disgusting, although I could tell that just based on the fact they put it next to a Black Clover character.

Hard to tell on the chunks on the far right "Taichou" burger. Looks like ham chunks or something? Not sure. But we do have the deets on the far left "Senpai" burger. That's the one I would want to try.

"Want to try something more? Get the Senpai. 100% beef patty, chorizo, guacamole, cheese (mozerella???), sausage (bits?), and carmelized/grilled onions."

Also don't act like you're too good for this poo poo while recognizing Black Clover on sight.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 28, 2021

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Meme Poker Party posted:

Also don't act like you're too good for this poo poo while recognizing Black Clover on sight.

:drat:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Rem's too good for that place, but Aqua is a total dumpster burg gal.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Don't know most of those animes, but I'm pretty sure that one guy is trained to take his box cutter and attack any big person who tries to eat him. Seems unsafe.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Someone call the police.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Das Boo posted:

I love how you say this while totally ignoring the Food Wars characters

Meme Poker Party posted:

Hard to tell on the chunks on the far right "Taichou" burger. Looks like ham chunks or something? Not sure. But we do have the deets on the far left "Senpai" burger. That's the one I would want to try.

"Want to try something more? Get the Senpai. 100% beef patty, chorizo, guacamole, cheese (mozerella???), sausage (bits?), and carmelized/grilled onions."

Aww, the red bits are chorizo? gently caress I was hoping they might be crawfish.

… meh, I still might try it, although I kinda hate guacamole so…

Meme Poker Party posted:

Black Clover sucks

At least I have enough shame not to display my shameful anime addictions in public

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 28, 2021

cake bunny
Oct 29, 2011

Meme Poker Party posted:

Queso de hebra is a cheese that's very stringy, and it usually either means mozzarella or queso Oaxaca. Salchicha para asar are grilling sausages. They're kind of like if kelbasa and hotdogs had a baby. That's the reddish looking thing under the cheese. The chorizo is what the bits on top are!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yeah that kind of looks like Oaxaca. Man, that poo poo is impossible to find in the US but it's like next-level string cheese.

:aaa: GOKU! Alguien discubrio Las esferas Del dragon!

:goku: no puede ser!

:aaa: Su poder es enorme!

:goku: Ahora es tiempo a ir AL LIIIIMIIIITEEEEEEEE!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah that kind of looks like Oaxaca. Man, that poo poo is impossible to find in the US but it's like next-level string cheese.

:aaa: GOKU! Alguien discubrio Las esferas Del dragon!

:goku: no puede ser!

:aaa: Su poder es enorme!

:goku: Ahora es tiempo a ir AL LIIIIMIIIITEEEEEEEE!

A Very Important Question

IS TAQUERIA GOKU STILL AROUND?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Das Boo posted:

Goddamn it’s true as hell

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I. M. Gei posted:

You tell me

Tacos Goku

Av. Fuerza Aerea Mexicana, Antiguo Aeropuerto, 68050 Oaxaca de Juárez, Oax., Mexico https://g.co/kgs/JX3pmx

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

gently caress the anime burgers, bring the anime fur burgers.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It's always Corona time in Mexico op.

vocaloid orgasm posted:

If it's good enough for Nico and Nino, it's good enough for me.

I've seen some hosed up anime body types before but your AV is by far the most disturbing. It's like a blob alien drew it from a description of a human.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cake bunny posted:

Queso de hebra is a cheese that's very stringy, and it usually either means mozzarella or queso Oaxaca. Salchicha para asar are grilling sausages. They're kind of like if kelbasa and hotdogs had a baby. That's the reddish looking thing under the cheese. The chorizo is what the bits on top are!

Thank you for coming out of your posting shell to clarify for us, lurker! I hope you stick around and post dumb anime/burger memes with us, or just keep sharing your knowledge of Mexican burgs. :cheerdoge:

I. M. Gei posted:

Goku has a complicated relationship with tacos.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
On one hand I'm like this is too ridiculous to be true, on the other hand it would have taken like a month for OP to create all of this on their own.

How deep is this game, OP????

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Literally A Person posted:

On one hand I'm like this is too ridiculous to be true, on the other hand it would have taken like a month for OP to create all of this on their own.

How deep is this game, OP????

You caught me LAP, I might as well come clean. Instead of getting a new job stateside I moved to Mexico and opened a burger shack. I run the place with my new wife, a cardboard cutout of Rem. These are our burgs. This was a viral marketing ploy to get goons to travel to Villahermosa, Mexico to buy our burgs. I love Black Clover.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Meme Poker Party posted:

You caught me LAP, I might as well come clean. Instead of getting a new job stateside I moved to Mexico and opened a burger shack. I run the place with my new wife, a cardboard cutout of Rem. These are our burgs. This was a viral marketing ploy to get goons to travel to Villahermosa, Mexico to buy our burgs. I love Black Clover.

I KNE IT

Can...can I have a burger???

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Somehow, I don't think they have permission to use all those characters.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Meme Poker Party posted:

Deep fried cheese curds on a burger is amazing

Edit: is that spam and pineapple on the kawaii burg? Yum

TK8325 fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 28, 2021

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Somehow, I don't think they have permission to use all those characters.

I alluded to this earlier, but really intellectual property enforcement is basically non-existent in many parts of Mexico (and many countries that aren't US/Canada + Western Europe). Yes, they are blatantly using things they don't have the rights to. No, nobody gives a hoot or will ever bother them about it. It's one of those things that is hard to imagine if you've never been to a place like it before.

I've seen it myself in places in Mexico where on every block is a joint that advertises carnitas with imagery of Porky Pig. And I don't mean "some generic character that evokes Porky Pig but is different enough to slide". I mean the exact, unmistakable image of Porky Pig straight outta Looney Tunes. I probably saw eight different Porky Pigs on big signs during a trip to Baja California once, all advertising carnitas for "Jose's Carniceria" or equivalent. Even Disney doesn't enforce there. Nobody will bother them about it. As long as it's just small timers running local operations nobody will ever care.

The anime burgs will remain free.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ahegao to the burger joint

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Meme Poker Party posted:

I alluded to this earlier, but really intellectual property enforcement is basically non-existent in many parts of Mexico (and many countries that aren't US/Canada + Western Europe). Yes, they are blatantly using things they don't have the rights to. No, nobody gives a hoot or will ever bother them about it. It's one of those things that is hard to imagine if you've never been to a place like it before.

Oh, I know all this, I just think it's really funny.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I don't know any of those anime but drat those burgers look good and I would not be ashamed of eating there. If anyone made fun of you for eating at the anime burg place just go "the what burg place?"

Now they are the fucken weebs all about the anime while you're just having a good burg. Burgs are burgs regardless of the titty girl on the cover.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGLDBZys8pw

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:burger: and :spergin:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yo gaba gabagool

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Ramones went loving crazy when they got back from India.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
A strong 'consider' from me.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/kellyonelani/status/1399256664016973826

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
So when is Doobie going to team up with them when they add Hot Dogs to the menu?

Finally the (Sgt)Frog Dog will have its day! (Once Doob stops being scared of anyone not white.)