Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I assume it's an Instagram influencer thing. It looks like trash and dumb as hell. Who started this bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I think probably skateboarders in the 1950s.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

itt we push mongo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Where else do you put your feet when you sit on the skateboard?

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

When I was a kid, everyone rode goofy even though virtually everyone was regular with like one kid being the exception.

also I stopped riding a skateboard when I got a bike and realized that pushing up hills is way easier with mechanical leverage, bitch

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

And Tyler Too! posted:

itt we push mongo

:getout:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

A Festivus Miracle posted:

When I was a kid, everyone rode goofy even though virtually everyone was regular with like one kid being the exception.

also I stopped riding a skateboard when I got a bike and realized that pushing up hills is way easier with mechanical leverage, bitch

Riding a bike sucks because there's a bunch of dumb poo poo you can get tangled up in if you fall down. Skating just leaves you to fall into the void if you gently caress up.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Riding a bike sucks because there's a bunch of dumb poo poo you can get tangled up in if you fall down. Skating just leaves you to fall into the void if you gently caress up.

Skating leads you to literally dying because of a tiny little pebble on the ground.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 28, 2021

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pawn 17 posted:

Skating leads you to literally die because of a tiny little pebble on the ground.

A fate far better than wearing spandex

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I tried skating and learned to push and do little ollies and it was really fun, but there's nowhere really for me to actually skate here unless you like carving insanely cooked sidewalks. I probs should get a longboard tbh

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I have a Penny Nickel Board and it's probably the best balance between not looking like a hipster douchbag and actually being able to ride most streets.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Skateboarding lost a lot of its appeal once I got a car.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I just bought this bad boy so this thread is relevant to me. I ride with my front foot sometimes forward a bit because shifting feet around is tricky as a noob :(

I am 35 and the last time I rode a skateboard was when iwas like 9 and i fell off and never touched one since.

I love snowboarding and have done so for 15 years but im currently in COVID lockdown during snow season so i am now running laps in my underground car park and trying not to die.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

And Tyler Too! posted:

itt we push mongo

*hans moleman voice*

i push mongo

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Management posted:

Skateboarding lost a lot of its appeal once I got a car.

I remember a friend's apartment had a longboard specifically for anyone going to the store

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No clue wtf ur talking OP you straight up bastard OP

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think you're seeing people ride electric scooters

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Cool people use Snakeboards, losers.

I dont know how they use them, seem kinda dangerous but I guess that's why they're so cool

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Remember that special feature on Tony Hawk 4 where it was a video of one of the skaters smashing up the artists car because they set his stance wrong in the game?

They take that poo poo seriously OP

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

UNLESS YOU RIDE AN ALIEN WORKSHOP AND WEAR DC SHOES AND LEE PIPES YOU ARE A POSER

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im hanging ten over here

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

So is there a committee that comes up with and curates all the official weird skate moves' names like the bonercopter 360 and the hitlersweep handstand no whammy?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
wow OP you're such a grandpa *ollies on out of here*

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm really good at not riding skateboards, op, give that a shot.
Like every day when I wake up I'm like 'gently caress yes let's do this' and it's another day of crushing not riding skateboards.

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
Started long boarding last year and I tended to put my front foot forward at first. In the videos I watch where they do really fast downhill boarding, it looks like an optimal position for being aerodynamic, but they also lean their whole body forward and put their back foot at an odd sort of angle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSBcrmx4aFw&t=140s

I don't think it makes much sense if you're just cruising, but as long as you're having fun and don't hurt yourself, who cares

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

I'm really good at not riding skateboards, op, give that a shot.
Like every day when I wake up I'm like 'gently caress yes let's do this' and it's another day of crushing not riding skateboards.

how do you position your feet though?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

how do you position your feet though?

Typically right up your rear end

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
can't beleive you actually listen to those influencers, and i who thought you were cool :rolleyes:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Skateboarding is for children

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Skateboarding is for cool kids

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not skateboarding turned me gay, which was wonderful, and continuing to not skateboard returned me to straightness. Folks don't let your kids not skateboard if skateboarding isn't for them.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Skateboarding owns, although not as much as snowboarding.

I'm really confused about what the OP means though, both feet forward? Like, does that mean at different times like someone is skating regular/switch? Or do they mean feet POINTING forwards, kind of a stylie longboard stance? Or do they mean both feet exactly together and pointing forwards like a hang 10? It's really quite a mystery (why OP is so illiterate)

And Tyler Too! posted:

itt we push mongo

I've decided that everyone should push mongo while they are skating switch. That way it's easier for the spectator to tell that they get extra points for that trick

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The house I lived at as a kid had a really nice, large sledding hill, one you could get some real good use out of, but when I grew up there in the early-mid 90's snowboarding even in places where skiing was popular didn't really seem accessible for whatever reason, but we made due by standing on plastic sleds and wiping out on those instead. I've often thought that if I had a shot at it I could still get on a board and muscle memory itself might be enough. Luckily I've been able to talk myself down from that.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

are you talking about like a directional stance vs. a duck footed stance? it's all just preference.

Schlong Connery posted:

Started long boarding last year and I tended to put my front foot forward at first. In the videos I watch where they do really fast downhill boarding, it looks like an optimal position for being aerodynamic, but they also lean their whole body forward and put their back foot at an odd sort of angle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSBcrmx4aFw&t=140s

I don't think it makes much sense if you're just cruising, but as long as you're having fun and don't hurt yourself, who cares

pretty much. speed stance is meant for speed. with your back leg tucked you can face your center of gravity directly downhill rather than horizontally for extra control. it's way more comfortable to hold a speed stance than it is to squat and look sideways for a 3+ minute run so there's that too

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Lol at this idiot's aerodynamics. Absolutely laughable. Like have you never been in a wind tunnel before bro??

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

*hans moleman voice*

i push mongo

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Play posted:

Lol at this idiot's aerodynamics. Absolutely laughable. Like have you never been in a wind tunnel before bro??

He looks like a capuchin monkey to me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He was going to throw a shaka but he realized he wasn't devoted to the lifestyle enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
this is formal riding OP. they're probably on their way to an interview.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

A fate far better than wearing spandex

it's ELASTANE :argh: