Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ethiser posted:

Would the Bettermen be the first time, outside of the mobile games, they’ve used something that is just a straight up giant monster that doesn’t have any robotic parts or mechanical bite as a playable unit? I can’t think of anything that wasn’t at least nominally a robot, outside of like Alfimi.

Klan Klang for that single stage in Z2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
The Einst were organic creatures iirc. I think the Vajra are as well

Edit; sorry, didn't read the entire question. I got nothing.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 27, 2021

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I know nobody remembers him even though everyone can't wait to play as him because he's from Heroman but I think Skrugg Will in UX is entirely an organic being, if an alien one.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ethiser posted:

Would the Bettermen be the first time, outside of the mobile games, they’ve used something that is just a straight up giant monster that doesn’t have any robotic parts or mechanical bite as a playable unit? I can’t think of anything that wasn’t at least nominally a robot, outside of like Alfimi.

Technically you have the SD Gundams from Romance of the Three Kingdoms which are explicitly called out as biologically human in game :v:

ZZGundam
Mar 20, 2009

Ethiser posted:

SRW Alpha had The Magnificent Ten from memory.
I also recall Master Asia fighting without a suit. Because he's Master Asia.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I think Alpha also had Alberto the Shockwave blasting a Jegan apart with his superpowers.

Doc Quantum
Sep 15, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

I think Alpha also had Alberto the Shockwave blasting a Jegan apart with his superpowers.

Then for an encore he went up against Sachiel until Shinji got his poo poo together.

Dick move from Banpresto not making him playable, or at least giving him more appearances in the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ethiser posted:

UX had Will from Heroman who I'm pretty sure is just a guy turned into a monster? No pretense of 'machinization' like there is with the Tekkamen.

edit: oh wait someone mentioned him.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jul 28, 2021

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Having never played one, would T be a good one to get? It looks like it has more series in it that would appeal to me than 30 will have. Or should I just wait for 30?

Also I have a PS5 (five) with a disc drive. Would buying a physical PS4 import copy be what I want to do/just work?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Having never played one, would T be a good one to get? It looks like it has more series in it that would appeal to me than 30 will have. Or should I just wait for 30?

Also I have a PS5 (five) with a disc drive. Would buying a physical PS4 import copy be what I want to do/just work?

T is very solid and a good one to play. An imported SEA Disc should play just fine, but if you want any of the DLC you'll need the SEA PSN Account and SEA PSN Cards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

T is a very good game and a great intro, and if it has more series you like than 30 would, go for it. These game are always very similar gameplay-wise and while 30 seems to be introducing a few new concepts it doesn't seem like any sort of radical overhaul or upgrade, so the only real differentiating factors are series list and writing quality. You know you like T's series list and I can tell you it's pretty good writing-wise, so go for it. My only real complaint with T is that the GaoGaiGar units have jank as hell animations.

And yeah the disc would work fine on your PS5.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Console region locking has, at least for now, gone the way of the dodo, so yeah, an imported copy of SRW T will work fine on a Switch or PS4/5. If you want the DLC, you'll need to set up a Singapore PSN account, but there are guides for it and it's not difficult in the slightest.

It is, ironically, the Steam versions of V and X which remain region locked. They can't even be gifted across region lines. And SRW T, somewhat inexplicably at this stage, has no Steam/PC version.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Saint Freak posted:

T is rad and if it has series that appeal to you then go for it! It had my favorite story of the V/X/T line and it's a fun game through and through.

SpaceDrake posted:

It is, ironically, the Steam versions of V and X which remain region locked. They can't even be gifted across region lines. And SRW T, somewhat inexplicably at this stage, has no Steam/PC version.

It's a shame because V and X look really good on PC too, and I'd happily give them my money if they'd let me. I'm so glad 30's hitting steam.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If 30 does well enough I wouldn't be surprised if they work out the international rights for the VTX trilogy for Steam(including actually releasing T on PC) as it would be easy money since two of them are already done

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

If 30 does well enough I wouldn't be surprised if they work out the international rights for the VTX trilogy for Steam(including actually releasing T on PC) as it would be easy money since two of them are already done

Yeah I think the ideal reaction would be seeing enough of an uptick in interest in basically every series involved in 30 that the various license owners are like "Yeah let's do this" and then they can start porting older games to PC too, in my wildest dreams.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

While we're at it, a global PC port of G Gen Genesis would be nice too.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Instead just release the next G Gen that has both the UC and AU stuff. :getin:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I get an intense feeling of dread whenever I think about how big that download would be, considering Cross Rays is already upward of 50GB.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Kitfox88 posted:

Instead just release the next G Gen that has both the UC and AU stuff. :getin:

When are we expecting the next G Gen, anyway? I've sworn a blood oath to buy it if it has the Re:Rise cast in it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

A G Gen with content from all of the Build series including the side stories (Honoo, Ryze etc) would be amazing.

Hell, throw Beginning G and Plamo-Kyoshiro in there as well.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Bloody Pom posted:

A G Gen with content from all of the Build series including the side stories (Honoo, Ryze etc) would be amazing.

Isn't there Build Fighters DLC in Cross Rays?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
They're secret units, not DLC. They don't have any scenarios or pilots attached to them, though.

IIRC it was the star build strike gundam, the fenice renascita, a gusion variant, and the 00 higher than sky robot.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Nuebot posted:

why not just go whole hog and have a spinoff of slightly less super robots, team Atom up with Cyborg 009 and Kikaider.

The manga calls Atom a super robot, therefore he belongs in the mainline games :colbert:

And honestly, he's pretty close to regular SRW power levels already, from what we see in the series. Tenma wasn't going to let his son die again and that meant making a robot that can fly through heavy armor at full speed without any damage. Adding an arm cannon like the 2003 show is just icing.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
If his vulcan equivalent attack was his butt machineguns I would finally use a vulcan attack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Erroratu/status/1420237554604027906

guess this confirms fasalina is playable

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

Suddenly I want them to do a gundam breaker style thing with one of the G Gen games and just let me swap out parts to make my own little custom gunpla abominations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I just saw the list for SRW 30 and omg Knights & Magic made in it holy gently caress pre-ordering as soon as I can.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eeepies posted:

I just saw the list for SRW 30 and omg Knights & Magic made in it holy gently caress pre-ordering as soon as I can.
post/av combo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Suddenly I want them to do a gundam breaker style thing with one of the G Gen games and just let me swap out parts to make my own little custom gunpla abominations.

Find MS Era for the PS2 if you haven't already.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Midjack posted:

Find MS Era for the PS2 if you haven't already.

Is that the same thing as MS Saga: A New Dawn? If so; I love that game and would fight someone at a denny's to get another one made. It has just the perfect blend of systems that have ensured I've replayed it just way too many times over the years despite its flaws. Between being able to mix and match parts for cosmetic reasons if you really want, or just make a party out of whatever gundam/mobile suits you liked best and the really cool inventory system that let you play inventory tetris for equipping as much as you could on your dudes with each MS having its own inventory grid shape and style to provide just a little touch of personality I love the game on a mechanical level even if like, late-game it really pushes you to just use entire sets of big name series selling gundams because of how dumbly powerful they are, and the bosses tend to be designed with really basic pattern driven AIs that offer literally no variation from their set pattern. It's a cool game, right up there with the one medabots JRPG we got in terms of customizable robot games I like a bunch.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
SRW30 has got me watching SSSS Gridman which is kind of a great series, so that's a total win. Is Dynazenon a direct sequel or just another show in the universe?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Levantine posted:

SRW30 has got me watching SSSS Gridman which is kind of a great series, so that's a total win. Is Dynazenon a direct sequel or just another show in the universe?

It’s set after Gridman and two characters reappear, but it’s not a direct follow up. They are making a third show though that looks like it might be a more direct sequel to both.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Levantine posted:

Dynazenon is mostly the latter. There are a few connections and a couple characters, but it's not a direct sequel or anything. I really enjoyed it but it's a bit more about the talky, vague emotional distress parts of Gridman than the twists. Though it does have an amazing sense of humor, especially in the audio dramas.

quote:

Yomogi: You see, the Kaiju could make spontaneous explosions in the air around it, so we thought its explosions wouldn't work in a place without oxygen.

Chise: Oh, I see! So this time, the Kaiju didn't explode when you destroyed it, right?

Yomogi: ... Now that you mention it... it did explode, actually.

Chise: Huh?

It's also about a combiner so most of the main cast would actually be playable in a SRW, so I'm really excited for its eventual debut. Gridman is cool and I'm glad it's in, but it's not like Rikka will be playable.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Is that the same thing as MS Saga: A New Dawn?

That was what I meant, glad you already got to it! :cheerdoge:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Midjack posted:

That was what I meant, glad you already got to it! :cheerdoge:

It's a neat little games, as I said, and anyone who's ever been like into that whole customizable character or robot JRPG thing should give it a look!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

All this talk of customizing robots has got me thinking about reinstalling MASS Builder. The gameplay is still a bare framework, but the new accessory parts opened up a whole new range of options for making cool mechs.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Bloody Pom posted:

All this talk of customizing robots has got me thinking about reinstalling MASS Builder. The gameplay is still a bare framework, but the new accessory parts opened up a whole new range of options for making cool mechs.

Isn't mass builder basically a Gunpla builder until the gameplay framework gets deepened?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty much, the gameplay only serves as a vehicle to farm for new parts as they get added. I am looking forward to them eventually adding digitigrade and quad-leg frames later down the line.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

It's very "Gundam Breaker with a lot of serial numbers filed off," yes. There's gameplay and stuff, and it plays well enough. The writing is kind of bad, though. The character designs used to be terrible, but they got a facelift and are now less terrible.

Just keep in mind that the parts you use don't have a lot of mechanical effect, because the intent was that you should be able to make whatever rad robot you wanted without having to worry about "oh no these arms are powerful but they don't match my aesthetic" issues, which has obvious ups and downs here. There is customizing that impacts how your robot plays, but that's unrelated to how it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I got back into Gundam Battle Operation 2 since the 3rd Anniversary brought the Sazabi and Nu Gundam and man, that game has changed a lot from when I last played it a few years ago. There's all these levelling systems I never saw and a ton of little things added in to make things more complex, but it's still pretty fun.