Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Hal Insandenza posted:

Pippen was still recovering from being a baby and refusing to go back in the game because Kukoc got the last shot

I will hear no ill words of Pippen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Lampsacus (4): Voodoofly, b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, Retro Futurist

Not Voting (1): Lampsacus

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 30th, 2021 at 3 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lampsacus, TOWN, Michael B. Jordan, Vanilla was eliminated day 5.

Night 5 starts now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Game will open tomorrow at 7:45am Eastern assuming all night actions are in.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
As usual, game remains open for discussion.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well well well

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
What the gently caress. I received a scum result. Scum Please kill me tonight I don’t want to be part of mylo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

What the gently caress. I received a scum result. Scum Please kill me tonight I don’t want to be part of mylo

Hmmmm
Mmmm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow rude Binus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Retro Futurist posted:

Wow rude Binus

Lol Why would I lie about that as scum? The game is still going. My cop was obviously faulty or insane.

I’m the doctor. Get to pick a different person to protect every night. Not going to say who I protected last night because I can’t protect the same person on consecutive nights. So I have a one in four chance of blocking scum. Hal, if you rode a Miller fakeclaim this far, bravo. But I’m thinking it’s voodoo.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

So is this going to be one of those "who will I feel most stupid if I pick wrong" sort of LYLOs?

I lied, I'm not vanilla, I'm a special LYLO multi-shot vig. Scum you better kill me now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Lol Why would I lie about that as scum? The game is still going. My cop was obviously faulty or insane.

I’m the doctor. Get to pick a different person to protect every night. Not going to say who I protected last night because I can’t protect the same person on consecutive nights. So I have a one in four chance of blocking scum. Hal, if you rode a Miller fakeclaim this far, bravo. But I’m thinking it’s voodoo.

You probably wouldn't have but don't waste a protection on me tonight

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Retro Futurist posted:

You probably wouldn't have but don't waste a protection on me tonight

Ok nice so I have a 1 in 3 chance at stopping the kill. Hal or voodoo, do your worst.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So you were able to doc and cop on the same night? Yeah I dunno man

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Insandenza posted:

So you were able to doc and cop on the same night? Yeah I dunno man

Correct. The boon was a separate action

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

:angel:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hhuuurrrrrryyyy uuuuupppppp

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Agreed this is taking forever lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Game will open tomorrow at 7:45am Eastern assuming all night actions are in.

I mean give poor merk a break here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Insandenza posted:

I mean give poor merk a break here

I mean that's kind of the problem, isn't it? https://i.imgur.com/qwAeMDk.gifv

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I wish I had some snarky remark about merk being up at 645 after a date night but, well, I have an early riser too and was probably up well before that after our date night last weekend.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hal, Dom, TOWN, Miller was killed night 5.

quote:

You are Dom, TOWN, Miller. You are Lebron James' son who is never going to live up to his greatness, so you created a pretty lame NBA Jam look-a-like video game that forms the basis of this movie. You basically created all of the bad guys in the entire movie and sparked every problem in this movie by running away from your dad like a child into a server room that you shouldn't have gone into anyway. It's ridiculous that no one is talking about how spoiled of a brat you are and how this entire movie is your fault. Right?

You appear as "SCUM" on any investigations.

Day 6.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): b-minus1, Retro Futurist, Voodoofly

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##hate voodoofly
##vote voodoofly

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Voodoofly is hated!

:redhammer:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Voodoofly, Daffy Duck, Vanilla, TOWN was eliminated on day 6.

Opo, Tazmanian Devil, Vanilla, TOWN is end gamed.

b-, The Brow, Doctor, SCUM remains and has unassailable control of the game’s voting mechanic.

quote:

b-minus1, The Brow, Doctor (Fakeclaim: Tweety Bird). Well, if there's a Serial Killer in this game, then the scum better get a Doctor, right? That's at least the conventional Something Awful setup design thinking, and I'm old as dirt so won't deviate from that tried and true boring setup mechanic. Hey, don't judge. This was originally going to be a 25 person game. Each night, you may target someone to protect them from kills during the night.

The Goon Squad wins!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Well done binus.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Top tier win bee, nice job

Thanks merk, now do Cheeto!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Now that my sloppy come back to modding is done, maybe I will!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I loved the observer mechanic. We were going to try to help the SK until the whole public SK claim thing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Iy9VSBg5A Gonna be playing this on repeat all day. Thanks for the game merk it was excellent

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
The boons were probably random but lylo coming down to vig vs hated was a shame.

GG! I won a posting award I later learned was obs trying to manipulate a scum victory for some reason.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It just goes to show you, turbos are always right and we should always do them

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Well played scumnus. Im sad we lost but glad you didn’t make me have to choose in LYLO

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

The boons were probably random but lylo coming down to vig vs hated was a shame.

GG! I won a posting award I later learned was obs trying to manipulate a scum victory for some reason.

I agree. If I do boons again, I'll have to put a lot more thought into late game impact.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Toalpaz posted:

We were going to try to help Lotus since an SK win is nigh impossible (I did like his cases too, I think I voted for him for the first boon) and then he claimed and Amni being tracked was revealed in the same day. If I had known binus had so much townie cred I probably would have chosen differently.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

merk posted:

I agree. If I do boons again, I'll have to put a lot more thought into late game impact.

I think along as the boons are pre-determined and players are made aware that the observers will know the game state when deciding boons its fine. It creates another layer of the game and may not be for everyone, but it doesn't break the game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Town got 3 boons and used 0. Scum got 1 boon and it won them the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Town got 3 boons and used 0. Scum got 1 boon and it won them the game.

Not that town would have won without scum's boon. Because B wouldn't have gone for the cop gambit, but it would have given town an actual 3 man LYLO to figure it out.