Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've risen from my grave. Thank you everyone for keeping it going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Gonna draft soon

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

27- Tre Mann. Very mad that mv took bones literally one pick before

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

28 - Cameron Thomas. 76ers go BPA at 28.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
As the Suns number one fan, I'll go ahead and pick for them.

They need a center badly but they're all reaches, even by the Suns standards, so I'm going to go Austin Reaves for Cam Payne insurance and probably BPA

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
you fools have played right into my hands

30. Jazz- Kessler Edwards

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
We've been got.

Next pick is open season.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
31. Josh Christopher, sg, ASU

The bucks get white Donte insurance in an explosive guard Who can handle the ball a little bit

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Love that pick he feels very much like a Bucks guy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I've informed Lockback that he is on the clock as of now.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i imagine the second round is going to go a lot slower

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

i imagine the second round is going to go a lot slower

Probably

Anyway that pick is now a free for all, first come first serve.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

With the 32nd pick in the Goon NBA Draft, the Knicks select SG Quentin Grimes - Houston.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
I replied to your pm Rick, but it looks like Deimos is up, not me

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Think Less posted:

Give it half an hour and if Deimos isn't around, feel free to make the pick

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I’ll take Miles “Two” McBride for the Orlando Magic

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Think Less posted:

I am really hoping the next forum software supports color text.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Thunder take Joel Ayayi at 34
Pelicans take Day'Ron Sharpe at 35
Thunder take Ayo Dosunmu at 36

I'll admit, I'm putting way less thought into these 2nd round guys. Seems like a crapshoot anyway

Think Less fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 29, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Josh Christopher is already off the board, try one more

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

Josh Christopher is already off the board, try one more

My bad, fixed I think

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
37. Detroit Pistons- Aaron Henry, SF, MSU

Detroit gets a strong wing who looked incredible as a point forward in the last half of the year. Seems like a guy who could set the tone off the bench, on both offense and defense

Chicago

38. Joe wieskamp, sf, Iowa

Bulls get possibly the best shooter in the draft

———

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 29, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I've updated the list with all the picks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kirios posted:

With the 32nd pick in the Goon NBA Draft, the Knicks select SG Quentin Grimes - Houston.

Yeah this is a good pick, Knicks do this.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

39. Sacramento Kings - Isaiah Todd

Was going to go for Wieskamp but he just got stolen so I'll say Isaiah Todd. Bouncy long stretch forward is something Monte seems to want more of and he's been brought in for a workout so he's on our radar

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think that is about where Todd should go.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Pelicans take Jason Preston at 40

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

spurs take bj boston

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Because of the lock back confusion, Orlando hasn’t had the 33rd pic yet, if someone would like to jump in and grab that I decide who to pick for Detroit, go ahead. If no one gets it in about five or 10 minutes I’ll just make the pick

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

Because of the lock back confusion, Orlando hasn’t had the 33rd pic yet, if someone would like to jump in and grab that I decide who to pick for Detroit, go ahead. If no one gets it in about five or 10 minutes I’ll just make the pick

They took Duece.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

They took Duece.

Excellent.

Detroit pistons
42. Josh Primo, sg, Alabama

Detroit gets a balanced shooter at the wing to go with all their explosive athletes who cannot shoot

43. New Orleans is unassigned and up for grabs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I am going to steal one of MV's darlings Daishen Nix for NO.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Declan MacManus posted:

spurs take bj boston

A great lottery ticket at this point. Sure he’s probably just bad but what if everyone was right a year ago, instead of now? Very high ceiling for a pick that’s usually an afterthought

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Pelicans take Herbert Jones at 43

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Think Less posted:

Pelicans take Herbert Jones at 43

Oh yeah, that makes more sense.

Okay we are paused again but I will put down any picks anyone puts in over night.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm gonna be out and about tomorrow morning so I may not be able to make my picks. If it's delaying things too much feel free to make them in my place.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
All right I am going to sleep, I don't think we will finish before the draft but we did our best. Feel free to keep going on.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

A great lottery ticket at this point. Sure he’s probably just bad but what if everyone was right a year ago, instead of now? Very high ceiling for a pick that’s usually an afterthought

drafting strategy with both picks was to take the highest value wing or center on the board, and since ziaire and bj both had pretty bad seasons, the hope was that it was either a fluke year from covid (or with ziaire with him suffering a family tragedy and stanford taking away his starting spot)

if there are deeper mechanical shooting problems, chip engelland has worked miracles with far less innately talented shooters than these two, imo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
whatever the deal with Ziaire is I don't think it's mechanical, he might have the prettiest looking jumper in the draft it just doesn't go in as much as it feels like it should.

Boston's issues I think are more physical but I can't pretend I didn't love him in high school so early second is worth seeing if it was just being stuck in a bad situation on a team that has regularly made guys look worse on offense than they actually are.

Are we calling this good or do we want someone to make a pick for Algund if he doesn't see this within a certain amount of time?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I say go for picking for them.

Maybe we should just say first come first serve for the rest of this?

Or we can call it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'm taking AJ Lawson and Justin Champagnie with the 56 and 57th picks. Lawson looks terrible but my friend that watches a lot of college ball is convinced he's a sleeper