Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

alexandriao posted:

No police ones? On this page? disappointed

there's probably some weird 9/11 stuff on wikipedia too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Schmidt also rates the sting of the warrior wasp as a 4, describing it as "Torture. You are chained in the flow of an active volcano. Why did I start this list?",[3] saying the pain lasts up to two hours.[3]

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
we have another 400 pages to go before we get to the proper police page

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

FMguru posted:

In the movie's credits, the writer Stephen King is referred to as "Hoagie man," as he makes a few sarcastic comments during the troupe's first performance while munching on a large sandwich.

This really undersells King's performance and his hoagie in that scene, which is absolutely worth watching

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
See also
  • Hot dog variations – a listing of regional variations on the hot dog. Includes many that lack Wikipedia articles
  • List of hot dog restaurants
  • List of sausage dishes
  • World's longest hot dog
  • List of sandwiches

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
This whole article kinda belongs here, just for its writing style.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_gland_sauce

Headers posted:

Which ingredients does the Monkey Gland Sauce consist of?
Prepare Monkey Gland Sauce at home.
Why is it called Monkey Gland Sauce?

quote:

Despite its name, the sauce has nothing to do with monkeys or their glands. There are a number of theories about how the sauce got its name, two of which stemming from a controversial 1920s medical experiment, and the most popular one being quite a scandal!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Enchilada – Corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a sauce sauce

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

we have another 400 pages to go before we get to the proper police page

576 by my count

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Enchilada – Corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a sauce sauce

sauce. good. me sauce sauce.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

goddamnedtwisto posted:

576 by my count

:hmmyes:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Sometimes, Columbo sets up the murderer with a trick designed to elicit a confession. An example occurs in "Dagger of the Mind", in which Columbo flips an evidentiary pearl into the victim's umbrella, bringing about incriminating activity from Richard Basehart and Honor Blackman. Oddly, the Hallmark Channel's replay of the episode (2020) edits out the revealing scene, thus completely altering the meaning of the ending of the episode.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Similar maps give different labels to the geographically separated blue states. The northeastern states are alternately referred to as "Eastern Realitania", "Northeastistan", "Western France", or "The New American Republic"; the central blue states near the Great Lakes are labeled "Central Realitania" or "Minniwillinois"; and the blue states along the Pacific Coast are called "Western Realitania", "Pacificstan", "Southern Canada" or "Baja Canada" (with Hawaii being separately labeled "The Tropic of Canada"). Another has chosen the overall name "Realistan", and another has chosen "The United States of Liberty and Education". The red states in these variant maps are called "Jesusistan", or "the United State of Texas" in reference to Bush's home state.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

i don't like kinkshaming but schmidt really did enjoy his job a bit too much for what it was.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Tweezer Reprise posted:

Schmidt also rates the sting of the warrior wasp as a 4, describing it as "Torture. You are chained in the flow of an active volcano. Why did I start this list?",[3] saying the pain lasts up to two hours.[3]

What does he say about bullet bees? I've heard you can taste some real pain with them.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Possible characteristics

When expressing a desire to be alone, loners may not reject human contact entirely. A common example is that of the person who shuns any social interaction with colleagues beyond what is necessary for fulfilling their work or school responsibilities, mainly for practical reasons such as avoiding the complication of their non-personal life, but who is also highly charismatic during social gatherings with people outside of work or school—or vice versa.[14] Somebody who can be a loner would also fit the criteria for introversion, possibly due to both their innate personality traits as well as their life experiences.[15]

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Prurient Squid posted:

What does he say about bullet bees? I've heard you can taste some real pain with them.

Schmidt's original index rated only one such example, the sting of the bullet ant, as a 4.[1] Schmidt has described the sting as "pure, intense, brilliant pain...like walking over flaming charcoal with a three-inch nail embedded in your heel."[3]

stop it you're creating worth

Tweezer Reprise fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 29, 2021

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Powered Descent posted:

Similar maps give different labels to the geographically separated blue states. The northeastern states are alternately referred to as "Eastern Realitania", "Northeastistan", "Western France", or "The New American Republic"; the central blue states near the Great Lakes are labeled "Central Realitania" or "Minniwillinois"; and the blue states along the Pacific Coast are called "Western Realitania", "Pacificstan", "Southern Canada" or "Baja Canada" (with Hawaii being separately labeled "The Tropic of Canada"). Another has chosen the overall name "Realistan", and another has chosen "The United States of Liberty and Education". The red states in these variant maps are called "Jesusistan", or "the United State of Texas" in reference to Bush's home state.

"Tropic of Canada" is one i haven't heard before. i like it :jj:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtime_(ice_hockey)#List_of_notable_overtime_games

Let's learn about notable overtime games in ice hockey.

Such as

quote:

In the first round of the 2008 WCHA hockey tournament featuring the fourth-seeded Minnesota State University, Mankato Mavericks hosting the seventh-seeded University of Minnesota Golden Gophers, the Friday and Sunday games both went into double overtime, and the Saturday night game went into one overtime. The Gophers prevailed two games to one in the series, winning Saturday and Sunday.
and

quote:

On March 26, 2006, the Wisconsin Badgers beat the Cornell Big Red 1–0 at 11:13 into the third overtime at the Midwest Regional Final in the NCAA Tournament at the Resch Center in Green Bay. It was the second-longest NCAA Tournament game in its history and the longest 1–0 game in tournament history. It is currently the ninth-longest game all-time in NCAA Division I history.
and dozens of others.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Electrocuting an Elephant does not seem to have been as popular as other Edison films from that period.[3]

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
The latter nickname was given for his role as provider of breath mints to the President on the campaign trail.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i mean it's. far cry from sun ra and stuff but it's still p cool lookin imo

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

afrofuturism kicks rear end, what the heck is that pic doing in here

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

afrofuturism kicks rear end, what the heck is that pic doing in here

due to copyright, wikipedians have to recreate everything visual by themselves and release it under creative commons

this leads to predictably cringe and also unpredictably funny results

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

one of the most consistently funny results is that so many pictures for celebrities, the most photographed people on earth, look like they were taken on flip phones

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

one of the most consistently funny results is that so many pictures for celebrities, the most photographed people on earth, look like they were taken on flip phones

and any depiction of a marvel cinematic universe character is someone in cosplay

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lolwut

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

one of my favorite wiki-isms is when you look up the article for a common, everyday topic, and the entire article is a funhouse mirror show of half-finished ideas, contradictions that do not seem to serve any purpose, and an overall structure that makes groverhaus look like machu picchu in comparison

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relish

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Ivins was reportedly obsessed with the college sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma (KKG) ever since he was rebuffed by a woman in the sorority during his days as a student at University of Cincinnati.[81][82] According to The Smoking Gun, U.S. government court documents stated that Ivins edited the KKG article on Wikipedia using the account name "Jimmyflathead", by which he made a number of edits that put derogatory information about the sorority into the article and engaged in some disputes and discussions[83][84] about the content of the article.[84][85]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Edwards_Ivins

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff

Lutha Mahtin posted:

one of my favorite wiki-isms is when you look up the article for a common, everyday topic, and the entire article is a funhouse mirror show of half-finished ideas, contradictions that do not seem to serve any purpose, and an overall structure that makes groverhaus look like machu picchu in comparison

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relish

quote:

relish, a pickled cucumber jam

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

quote:

Ejaculation

Debate continues to rage over whether a picture and a video (presumably of a Wikipedia editor) of ejaculation is encyclopedic. Some editors object on the grounds that the subject is ejaculating without apparently touching his penis – can this be considered "normal" ejaculation? Another editor objects on the grounds that the image/video is "akin to a self attributed quote, or worse, an ... original work." Should the video and/or image be included but linked or otherwise hidden? Much wailing and gnashing of teeth, along with the usual pleading "for the children," including one post by a parent whose 12 year-old daughter had bookmarked the article, and who concluded that "gay perverts have overtaken Wikipedia" ... Obligatory Village Pump discussion can be seen here. See also Semen, below.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
About one year later, while interviewed for NME, he went as far as stating that "I don’t like the Eagles. They’re about as exciting as watching paint dry. Their albums are good for keeping the dust off your turntable and that’s about all.”[3]

god bless u tom waits

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

Some editors object on the grounds that the subject is ejaculating without apparently touching his penis – can this be considered "normal" ejaculation?

this is some fifa/olympics level rules lawyering lol

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FMguru posted:

About one year later, while interviewed for NME, he went as far as stating that "I don’t like the Eagles. They’re about as exciting as watching paint dry. Their albums are good for keeping the dust off your turntable and that’s about all.”[3]

god bless u tom waits

could i love him more :allears:

matti
Mar 31, 2019

it includes all the dance rhythms popular in Finland: but tango content must, according to the rules, be at least 40%.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mullis disagreed with the accepted, and scientifically verified, view that AIDS is caused by the HIV virus, questioned the evidence for human contributions to global warming, professed a belief in astrology, and claimed that he once encountered a fluorescent raccoon that spoke with him.[3][6][9]

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
A shibboleth such as "lollapalooza" would be used by the sentry, who, if the first two syllables come back as rorra, would "open fire without waiting to hear the remainder".[27]

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

"Likewise, the Thuringian education law was caught in the crossfire of criticism."

On a school shooting article..........

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lomarf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol

quote:

Incumbent Governor Andrew Cuomo (who previously maintained his principal residence at the Lily Pond estate in New Castle, New York with former partner Sandra Lee)[3] began to utilize the mansion as a bachelor pad in the autumn of 2019.[4] During the COVID-19 pandemic, his three daughters quarantined at the residence.[5] Amid the emergence of sexual harassment allegations against Cuomo in early 2021, the Times Union of Albany reported that an anonymous aide has accused Cuomo of reaching under her dress and fondling her in his office at the residence. Cuomo has denied the allegations.[6][7]