Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Mookie came up with an idea for his imaginary race's culture but was too lazy to think the details through.

:hmmyes:

quote:

If Mookie wanted us to like Milov, then having the supposedly-progressive guy be the one to blow up the church to appease and fall back in line with the conservatives sure is something. If Mookie had any understanding of writing themes or characterization... There's a very low bar in coming up with satisfying story beats and Mookie fails it every time.

I'm not even sure if what happened in werewolf country was originally what Mookie had in mind. He was still reeling from his own IRL breakup and that was clearly influencing...well, everything. The only story beats he wanted to satisfy were his own to make him feel better.

Especially for Siegfried. Making the whole cast of characters hate him was still going to happen no matter what, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Bismuth posted:

I hate mookie using that splotchy inky brush for ALL plants as well as the ink effects, I didnt even know the necromantic vines were supposed to look like plants at first, and in that image. I wish he'd just draw on leaves or flowers at least for closeups or not always use pitch black
All plants, ink spells, and Corpsewives have type 4A hair.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

amigolupus posted:

If Mookie wanted us to like Milov, then having the supposedly-progressive guy be the one to blow up the church to appease and fall back in line with the conservatives sure is something. If Mookie had any understanding of writing themes or characterization, then Milov could've been torn between being loyal to his people's traditions or loyal with his ideals. Maybe have the ordeal with Siggy give Milov the confidence to say gently caress you to the conservatives and protect the church because he's being loyal to his ideals. Or maybe he could find some clever third solution. There's a very low bar in coming up with satisfying story beats and Mookie fails it every time.

But if Milov didn't blow up the church, how would Jayden be punished for her crimes? I mean that's really what it's all about, I think. "Look what you and your wandering uterus did Jayden, Milov had to blow up the Luanian church!" It's just like when Mookie writes arbitrary, ridiculous laws for his fantasy world that force the plot to go where he wants, except he built this whole werewolf culture around shaming one woman.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to call it as inkwitch joining in on the dream, just to be contrarian

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

RandomPauI posted:

I'm going to call it as inkwitch joining in on the dream, just to be contrarian

I was thinking the same thing because it will lead to Mookie stepping on more rakes while self-congratulating

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

amigolupus posted:

As an aside, I loving hate how Katya stopped mattering to the plot as soon as Mookie reveals that she has a mental disability.

Don't worry, she comes back for the arc based around the worst character.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mookie's taking a break next week: https://www.dominic-deegan.com/my-annual-summer-break-for-2021/

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
The plants in the library were there to link Corpse-lady's vine theme to Ink Witch and Arudak's ink and paper themes.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

I don't believe this chapter will end soon. Mookie is just straight up lying or delusional that this is story telling

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Is this disappointment I'm feeling? :sigh:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Now’s your chance to give up Mookie! Take two weeks and we won’t even remember the name Snout.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I realized something, I think he traced that pose and then just added a second (third?) tit to the side under corpsemomwife's arm to try and make her look like she was twisted that way, because if you erase that armpittit it actually looks kind of normal

but hes so bad at anatomy he didnt know how to actually make her look twisted, so he just drew a third tit

also i have the mind of a 13yo

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
Man I happened to be laying down while checking this thread and I decided to try replicating Corpsemom's pose. It was a pretty bad experience.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

RoboRodent posted:

Oh yes, I, too, sleep contorted so that both my rear end and tits point towards the ceiling and any unseen voyeurs.

God, that looks uncomfortable.

Also, while I'm here, I'm eternally unclear on what corpsemommy's skin... texture... is meant to convey.

Bone grass
Feb 3, 2012

Fifth result when searching "couple sleeping" :geno:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Bone grass posted:

I don't know why I keep being surprised by this happening

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Nah, that can't be it, it's completely flipped from how Mookie drew his scene. That means he couldn't have traced it.

That is apparently what Mookie thought people would say when he had the "clever" idea to flip it.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Literally the only significant change is loving up her chest so he draw draw both her breasts.

But remember, this man definitely has a developed understanding of anatomy and is not a hack!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
God bless this trash fire.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Thank you for this gif(t)

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I cannot get over the decision to give her an extra armpit boob.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bone grass posted:

Of course.

Of course.

The only thing that suggested it be anything else was the hosed up boobs.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

One thing that bugs me is that in order to get to that pose, Corpsemomwife is once again the one to scoot over and cuddle Snout while he just lies there.

TheHan posted:

But if Milov didn't blow up the church, how would Jayden be punished for her crimes? I mean that's really what it's all about, I think. "Look what you and your wandering uterus did Jayden, Milov had to blow up the Luanian church!" It's just like when Mookie writes arbitrary, ridiculous laws for his fantasy world that force the plot to go where he wants, except he built this whole werewolf culture around shaming one woman.

Agreed, it's really obvious how Mookie's first priority was to shame and punish Jayden, and every detail in this story just stemmed from it. Mookie finally had the chance to expand what a foreign country's culture is like, maybe show some actual writing chops, and he squandered it. It's really loving gross how much Jayden gets shat on considering Milov does worse with his successful* murder and reinforcing xenophobia by blowing up the church.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HazCat posted:

Literally the only significant change is loving up her chest so he draw draw both her breasts.

But remember, this man definitely has a developed understanding of anatomy and is not a hack!

He drew her butt and breasts i in the wrong place, even when tracing

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

What, you don’t have armtits

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

His arm is in an unatural position, because the original is much more of a flat overhead view than the angle Mookie drew the headboard at.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Just when I thought I was out (because this comic can be agonizingly boring), Mookie pulls me back in

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

What, you don’t have armtits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk7PWvZcViI

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Once again I am impressed not just by the shameless tracing but how he still manages to gently caress it up and make it look bad.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

a trace so nice he used it twice

e: had to double check this was a new page

that symbol is.... very yonic

Mx. fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jul 30, 2021

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Did she just grow a whole head taller?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Man does not have a gently caress to give. Even considered this would be a very unsatisfying page to leave on and said who cares.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Why does he shade her breasts that way, with a line running down from the nipple? It looks like breast reduction scars.

Also, seemingly every figure on this page is being traced. We're fast approaching what I predicted: Mookie will soon never have to actually draw Snout - or possibly anyone else - again.

Edit: gently caress, he's drawing her pubic hair shaved on the lips again? That's such a weird little gross detail.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 30, 2021

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Why does he shade her breasts that way, with a line running down from the nipple? It looks like breast reduction scars.

Also, seemingly every figure on this page is being traced. We're fast approaching what I predicted: Mookie will soon never have to actually draw Snout - or possibly anyone else - again.

Edit: gently caress, he's drawing her pubic hair shaved on the lips again? That's such a weird little gross detail.

Yeah, Jesus, these were my first reactions to that as well.

What's good is the stuff that he doesn't draw, and what's weird and creepy are the little details he does draw.

But it's also hilarious that he's so adherent to using traces that Corpsemom has gone from somewhat pudgy to fantasy-model thin because god forbid he use these photos for suggestion and placement rather than just tracing outlines.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think this is what he's going for.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Surely crosshatching requires at least two lines

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mors Rattus posted:

Did she just grow a whole head taller?

This had better be hosed up perspective on his end, because I shudder to think what the implications would be otherwise.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
People just get bigger and smaller in ~mindscapes~. Dominic had a whole thing where he flexed his super wizard brain on people by turning into a giant, and there was the giant fire Greg thing.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I think the size is dreamscape poo poo and not bad perspective or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I think the size was originally bad perspective but once Mookie reads this thread he will turn it into dreamscape poo poo just so he can say "Gotcha!"