Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

the problem is that its introduced so many new things and characters but didnt give them enough air, and keeps introducing new things while only superficially addressing the old.
Does metal bat need to be here? Blast's sudden and cryptic appearance? Atomic Samurai's new fetchquest?

Theyre competing with things happening right now for your attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
This would definitely be a time for the hopelessness to start maxing out, even before Garou's next step up in power. Golden Sperm just totally outclasses everyone present currently except Saitama and what Garou will become.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fellis posted:

In the redraw, this shouldn't be the Ultimate Hellfire Burst Wave Motion Cannon from King, this is just when King shows up and intimidates all the cadres to give other S-class time to get back in the fight to bail him out. I do agree that there is not such a feeling of hopelessness in the redraw though, but there is still time for the S-class to get trounced some more.

e: it maybe was just reading week to week that really made me feel like that, binging the comic now it doesn't feel as hopeless, but also I know what's happening more or less. The King misdirect is only a page, i hope murata sells it better with a huge spread of his attack blowing away gold sperm.

Also I forgot that the kid Garou kept running into is not present in the redraw cadre fight. I'm rereading the whole ONE MA arc and it is quite different

e: we're roughly at chapter 73 in the webcomic: https://mangadex.org/chapter/500d7444-d4a9-4c91-bc34-60d8cb48319f/1

Yeah garou threatening to kill the kid and Saitama immediately calling his bluff can't happen here. What will happen instead. Neither will the cadres being a team then turning on each other when king threatens them, here they did it just because

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So I'm guess we'll get a multi-cell sperm to try and fight against King and an injured Tatsumaki breaks their neck. Because jumping straight to Golden Sperm was made to make sense but just feels wrong to start off showing off the super form right away.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I started flipping through the manga and huh wow, I forgot that Psychos snapped because she gained a mind’s eye and saw the future of humanity. That…kinda hits close to home considering recent times.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

I started flipping through the manga and huh wow, I forgot that Psychos snapped because she gained a mind’s eye and saw the future of humanity. That…kinda hits close to home considering recent times.

I really believe the overarching story arc of OPM is about a society on the brink of collapse.

I love the scene in that one manga chapter where Garou is walking through a city and he sees a large protest movement of humans who want to implement blood sacrifices to keep the monsters happy.

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 10, 2021

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Brought To You By posted:

So I'm guess we'll get a multi-cell sperm to try and fight against King and an injured Tatsumaki breaks their neck. Because jumping straight to Golden Sperm was made to make sense but just feels wrong to start off showing off the super form right away.

I'm betting the manga will have a form above Golden Sperm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

I'm betting the manga will have a form above Golden Sperm.

Golden Sperm and Homeless Emporer combine their powers to create Cosmic Sperm.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Bucswabe posted:

I really believe the overarching story arc of OPM is about a society on the brink of collapse.

actually its about a guy whos really strong

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

jsoh posted:

actually its about a guy whos really strong

And his attempts to get a better nickname at work.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Finally read the latest of Murata. That THUMP THUMP THUMP.

If it's not the beam, then yeah, tehre's time to make that hopeless feeling. It's almost there with Genos dragging Tatsumaki by his loving teeth because he's so broken. The swordsmen just need to have one of 'em die and everyone else on the floor bloodied up, and after that it's just the last S-Tier wave (Puri Puri Prisoner, Metal Bat) jobbing, and hammer home how Child Emperor has completely run out of options and Bofoi isn't even coming (maybe he finally replies wtih an "i'm busy")

Furher Ugly needs to do something drastic here, though. It feels like he's being setup to die to Garou, which while it would make him look even more powerful, it has that effect of lessening the villain threat since villain kills villain means less villain, more hope for heroic iwn.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

from the redraw of the Saitama vs orochi fight (ch 151) (spoilers if you want to read it in english)

very interesting

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is that what I think it is? Homeless Emperor's God?

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is that what I think it is? Homeless Emperor's God?

Looks like it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
later on when we flashback to it, you'll see a small man above the god, finger firmly up nose

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Read the chapter. I forget who said it, but never trust prophecies.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I think wave motion cannon is happening in the redraw next chapter

Feels too early, like we could use another chapter or two of all the S-class in despair. That or this is the King fakeout so the S-class backs off? Dunno how its gonna play out, but pretty sure that’s King Engine in the last panel

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I'm going to have to reread the whole arc in 3 years when it's finally done and redrawn, I have no idea where anyone is and what are they doing. If I didn't read the webcomic first I would be completely lost

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Fellis posted:

I think wave motion cannon is happening in the redraw next chapter

Feels too early, like we could use another chapter or two of all the S-class in despair. That or this is the King fakeout so the S-class backs off? Dunno how its gonna play out, but pretty sure that’s King Engine in the last panel

I doubt it will be as early as next chapter. There has to be several "chess" pieces to arrive first. At a minimum, Child Emperor and Evil Natural Water will have to come back.

I agree, though, that I could have used another chapter or two of despair (except that I'm just so happy for a new chapter after 3 months)

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 9, 2021

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Terror Sweat posted:

I'm going to have to reread the whole arc in 3 years when it's finally done and redrawn, I have no idea where anyone is and what are they doing. If I didn't read the webcomic first I would be completely lost

All the redraws and changing plot points also aren't doing any favors...

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
It's clear at this point ONE and Murata are using the online published chapters as drafts for the printed volumes. So if you're confused on the plot then just wait for those to release.

I also guarantee the pacing is much better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Murata doesn't fully deliver on the Wave Cannon, he's a hack who should stick to horny drawings.

I'll still read for the horny drawings don't get me wrong

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If Murata doesn't fully deliver on the Wave Cannon, he's a hack who should stick to horny drawings.

I'll have you know the Good Lord Murata has never, not once, ever disappointed with King's Engine, the People's Champ.

If anything he has improved it with all the extra King content embellishments.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean it's kind of a played joke that has actually turned a little sad, now that King can't even improve himself because nobody will train him.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'll still read for the horny drawings don't get me wrong

I will go back and reference drive knights intro in defense of Murata being able to deliver.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Looking at the newest chapter of the Murata version, God might be playing a bigger role going forward.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

yeah im guessing this is why blast is never around. hes off fighting god with the not-avengers

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Really seem like all the focus on the Monster Association and cadres was a bit a of red herring to hide the fact that the whole operation was essentially a nesting ground for God.

The S class were hopelessly out-matched without Garou and Saitama, which will bridge well into the next arcs with each of the heroes exploring ways to get stronger.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

yeah im guessing this is why blast is never around. hes off fighting god with the not-avengers

It really is kind of neat that ONE is setting up this one ultimate Big Bad in the background. This one feels different than all the other Super Huge Mega Threats we've seen before. Maybe he can take two whole Saitama punches!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Whoa now don't go getting the man's hopes up

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Maybe he can't just punch god to death

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

"he can't just punch god to death"

God, immediately before saitama punches god to death.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Rigged Death Trap posted:

God, immediately before saitama punches god to death.

:hmmyes: this is now how I want God's arc to end

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
"Dead-serious punch"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama's gonna sleepwalk into their dimension and blow up half the planet by flicking someone's forehead.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Hidden Series: Soul Punch

uses his aura to punch your soul directly

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Hidden Series: Soul Punch

uses his aura to punch your soul directly

He's not a wizard. He'll just punch him

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm a god! How can you kill a god?

...Ah, I see.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

But Garou is the one with all the god killing / anti god moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Garou hates bullies and God is the biggest bully of them all!