Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 minutes!
My cjs (current job status) is that it's 9:40 at night so I'm not working at all, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
Setting up a new laptop and was looking at desktop backgrounds to use and lo and behold James Gilleard has a new Japan By Car set

https://www.behance.net/gallery/121171765/Japan-by-Car-No3

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
cls: I have no butter and I must scream.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
I'm startin' a new batch of butter tomorrow, as is my biweekly ritual. Last batch turned narsty, hopefully the source culture of kefir I'm using isn't weakening too much.

Ain't nothing quite like flapjacks made with homemade cultured butter mmmmhmmm

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yITKlPh2tcU

im still loving laughing

anyway what i was gonna post before i saw it got goldmined:

i live in eternal suffering

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

rm -f `which emacs`

hth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

aaaaahahahahaa

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
the path of the righteous emacs programmer is beset on all sides by goobers and trolls

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

for context: i didnt pass 0 arguments, it doesnt LET me pass any arguments, only send the command by itself, which then proceeds to ask me for each of the arguments in turn
which i guess it then completely ignores and whines about having no arguments despite me giving it arguments when it asks for them

anyway

poo poo's heating up in the lainchan irc

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag boutta not need this new irc client after getting k-lined

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I spent 20 minutes trying to explain how a file modified date could be older than a file created date then I realised that I hate computers and my job so I might go do something else instead.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

hbag boutta not need this new irc client after getting k-lined

its the lainchan irc they talk about much more vile poo poo than threatening to break someone's legs
things like libertarianism

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Fortaleza posted:

Setting up a new laptop and was looking at desktop backgrounds to use and lo and behold James Gilleard has a new Japan By Car set

https://www.behance.net/gallery/121171765/Japan-by-Car-No3

i keep meaning to go look at this, i was even in the neighborhood today and just forgot about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvz4c9gbgfc

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the only channel I give a poo poo about moved to libera after the freenode clusterfuck and so far the simple act of not being on freenode anymore has cut the shithead count down significantly. only one +b handed out so far

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hbag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yITKlPh2tcU

im still loving laughing

holy poo poo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

only one +b handed out so far

drat, what'd you do?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Presented in Doleoby Surround

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

drat, what'd you do?

lol, owned

for real though it's someone who got +b on the freenode incarnation of the channel for being basically unwilling to actually learn anything and he showed up and kept doing the same dumb poo poo over and over until the ops finally remembered they could just ban him haha

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i was extremely concerned we ventured into poopchat but I’m thrilled to see my cjs was both the longest running cjs + goldmined :toot:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Kazinsal posted:

lol, owned

for real though it's someone who got +b on the freenode incarnation of the channel for being basically unwilling to actually learn anything and he showed up and kept doing the same dumb poo poo over and over until the ops finally remembered they could just ban him haha

You don't need to be this catty to hilbo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

lol, owned

it seems i struck a nerve
it really was you who got that +b huh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hbag posted:

it seems i struck a nerve
it really was you who got that +b huh

check your channel list and try again

also go to bed

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

check your channel list and try again

also go to bed

my sleep schedule has gotten so hosed that im going to stay up as long as i can tonight and then keep doing that until i get tired at a normal time

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
wow the air ambulance helicopter just flew by and they were bookin it. someone got real hosed up

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Twist- it's the pilot, he's been mixing booze and pills again

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

SmokaDustbowl posted:

wow the air ambulance helicopter just flew by and they were bookin it. someone got real hosed up

someone dropped a stick of butter, fifteen people are gravely wounded and hundreds more are disoriented

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I live within like 5 ot 6 blocks of the major inner city hospitals

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

hbag posted:

my sleep schedule has gotten so hosed that im going to stay up as long as i can tonight and then keep doing that until i get tired at a normal time

i did this when I was but a spring kwinkles, in my teens and 20s.

just power through and stay up as long as possible until you wrap around to being an early riser again.

it will betray you in the end. and by the end, I mean basically as soon as you turn 30.

learn to go to bed while you still can, lest you become me, trying to power through an all nighter at 37 and just falling asleep and drooling all over your desk at 11 am, and also not doing anything of the overachiever poo poo you had planned to do in your manic phase at 4 am the previous night.

embrace sleep, it can only help you. become a champion sleeper while you still can. sleep is your friend, it will never let you down. staying up all night will probably get you through college, it got me through a bachelor of science, several years at a good job, and eventually a masters degree, but it will eventually betray you.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: it's friday and almost home time literally just running down the clock

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
I’m sleeping right now

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

RokosCockatrice posted:

Twist- it's the pilot, he's been mixing booze and pills again

man lowtax doin some weird gigs to make ends meet these days

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

if i can get weechat.el working on emacs i will go to bed as a reward

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hello new thread

Menacer
Nov 25, 2000
Failed Sega Accessory Ahoy!
i just wanna thank everyone who took part in loud butter. thanks yall

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://github.com/the-kenny/weechat.el

please jesus someone tell me why the gently caress weechat-connect is giving me this error

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
claiming first mover on the maxell ad:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

homie you do not want to go down this rabbit hole. lisp is a fuckin nightmare language of forbidden knowledge and functional programming.

sudo apt install irssi

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

homie you do not want to go down this rabbit hole. lisp is a fuckin nightmare language of forbidden knowledge and functional programming.

sudo apt install irssi

this would be a cool solution if irssi at all did what im trying to do
it is not compatible with the weechat protocol
because weechat are anal shitlords who made a cool protocol that loving nothing supports aside from 1 android app made by some guy
i'd use ZNC but i dont feel like manually adding every network im on when the weechat protocol does it automatically so i dont have to go through and add every single network that's on the bouncer to the seperate devices (because not having to do that seems like part of the point of using a loving bouncer surely)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

never remember seeing a 4700 page goldmined thread before