Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So clearly all medals aren't equal. Swimming medals are given away by the wheelbarrow. You can win archery from your couch. But which ones are best?

My rough criteria here is
1: The medal has to be the highest honor of the sport. This downgrades tennis, golf, basketball, soccer.
2: The sexes aren't equal here.
3: No one cares about new poo poo like surfing (also see #1)

So my list is
1: Mens 100 meter dash
2: Womens all around gymnastics
3: Mens high jump
4: Mens Marathon
5: Mens 200 meter

That's it the rest are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

womens table tennis. the rest are whatever

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Triathlon for both sexes are good medals for good athletes

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Aluminum.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Golf. Closely followed by base-*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*-ball

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

decathlon
men's heavyweight weightlifting cos you're lifting the most weight out of everyone

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Men's 100m freestyle swim
Women's hockey

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

My other criteria would be that it is unlikely you would win another medal at the same Olympics. Because if you win two medals, who can say which is best?

This knocks out most of the events where there are just different distances.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Maybe triathlon (edit: pentathlon) and the medley swimming, as those combine the most disciplines.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 30, 2021

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
m o d e r n p e n t a t h a l o n

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The medals in any sport where the winner is decided, not by a measurable qualitative physical achievement, but by the whim of judges are worth less than a pack of Aldi Christmas chocolate coins.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The best medal is the friends you made along the way OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Men's Marathon, because it's the OG and there's a whole tradition around the winner running into the stadium for the closing ceremony. Also it's different for every Olympic city and I think that's cool.
Honorable mentions to Decathlon and Heptathlon.