Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

fart simpson posted:

the floor is still there, they just change the numbers. they aren’t leaving a big hole in the building

it, like superstition in general, is dumb as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

was i speaking in latvian just now

i don’t know, probably not? i don’t understand latvian

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fun fact on variability of european floor numbering: 1st floor in northern germany means 1st floor above the ground, like in uk, but in southern germany it still often means the first actual floor, i.e. what would be ground floor in uk

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kazinsal posted:

it, like superstition in general, is dumb as poo poo

it’s a lot less dumb when you realize the building isn’t actually missing any physical space. it’s not actually wasting any resources

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

hbag posted:

its the lainchan irc they talk about much more vile poo poo than threatening to break someone's legs
things like libertarianism

so why are you there

you could be on OFTC and libera.chat and talking about elisp and old computers with a less vile set of people

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

fart simpson posted:

i read every post in that thread

:same:

the cjs threads should form a linked list

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

eschaton posted:

so why are you there

you could be on OFTC and libera.chat and talking about elisp and old computers with a less vile set of people

man I missed this entirely (and also need to connect znc to oftc and set up an account there)

hbag drop your existing lovely networks and come hang out on non-lovely networks, if you're into kernel hacking and low level software/firmware stuff #osdev moved from freenode to libera in may and p much everyone chill who likes hacking on weird hobby OS hangs out there and chats about systems theory and stuff

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

hbag posted:

i dont plan on loving with lisp since this thing worked just fine when i was using doom emacs
but i then decided to try rolling my own config because doom emacs isnt that great in some regards

you should install Mezzano in a VM and learn Common Lisp by turning its IRC client into exactly the one you want to use

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

hbag posted:

WHY? why do you have to do that for EACH INDIVIDUAL SERVER? surely not having to do that, and having a synced server list between devices, is PART OF THE loving POINT OF USING A BOUNCER IN THE FIRST PLACE

the trick is to write some lisp to call the underlying functions and then just

code:
(dolist (s ("oftc.net" "libera.chat"))
  (really-join-server s))
edit: oh wait your post was about trying to figure out how to use ZNC

eschaton fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 30, 2021

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im extremely not delighted to learn that “autocad lisp” is a legitimate phrase

it has been since the 1980s and it’s an awesome open source success story

AutoLISP is David Betz’s XLISP, wired into the AutoCAD engine, and it’s basically responsible for an awful lot of modern engineering because it allowed the creation of higher level abstractions on top of the basic CAD substrate

basically Computer Aided Engineering on steroids, instead of making dimensioned drawings you’re describing structures and the dimensioned drawings pop out the other end

it meant a whole third party ecosystem sprung up around AutoCAD that just leveled both its general-purpose competitors and a large number of special-purpose design systems, because why go with some niche product when AutoCAD can do the same thing

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

imagine not using linux as your daily driver

what are you even doing in yospos

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tankakern posted:

imagine not using linux as your daily driver

what are you even doing in yospos

enjoy my life, instead of troubleshooting kde

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eschaton posted:

it has been since the 1980s and it’s an awesome open source success story

AutoLISP is David Betz’s XLISP, wired into the AutoCAD engine, and it’s basically responsible for an awful lot of modern engineering because it allowed the creation of higher level abstractions on top of the basic CAD substrate

basically Computer Aided Engineering on steroids, instead of making dimensioned drawings you’re describing structures and the dimensioned drawings pop out the other end

it meant a whole third party ecosystem sprung up around AutoCAD that just leveled both its general-purpose competitors and a large number of special-purpose design systems, because why go with some niche product when AutoCAD can do the same thing

okay that sounds way more sensible than my “old matlab lisp” assumptions

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
holy poo poo djokovic lost

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

holy poo poo djokovic lost

dj dj

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

cjs: it's no zoom friday, aka i'm afk once the no zoom block starts leave me alone

gonna watch blade runner for the first time tonight.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cjs: last day before 3 weeks funemployment :hellyeah:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: office attendance no longer mandatory, not even a few days a week :confuoot:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

i read every post in that thread

goondolences.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

goondolences.

except yours

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:tizzy:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

good work y’all

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

cls is 'grape soda' a popular flavor in the US? I picked up an 8-pack of 0-sugar Fanta in Grape as it's the first time I've seen it in stores here, and its the weirdest taste, it's like what I imagine a fruity sink cleaner would be like.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NoneMoreNegative posted:

cls is 'grape soda' a popular flavor in the US? I picked up an 8-pack of 0-sugar Fanta in Grape as it's the first time I've seen it in stores here, and its the weirdest taste, it's like what I imagine a fruity sink cleaner would be like.

grape soda was very popular when i was a little kid. (grape-flavored everything, really) and there's a stereotype where black people prefer grape/orange sodas :shrug:

but in general, i don't think grape soda is a big seller (i am pulling this out of my rear end; i don't have numbers and charts)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
shasta grape soda

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

a few years back I wanted to make a pride rainbow out of fantas and grape was the hardest to find

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

orange and grape crush are good ones

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

grape Fanta is very good but the 0-sugar version is pretty bad

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

The first time I had grape fanta it was room temperature or slightly warmer and it made me unable to drink grape fanta ever again

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

grape faygo is one of the more popular flavors here in the midwest

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

in japan they had melon fanta which ruled pretty hard

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

there's a gas station that sells faygo near my office. I tried it once and wasn't impressed, it's shasta tier. but I'm spoiled on fancy craft root beers

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the korean store sells durian soda and I buy a couple every time I go

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

while random cola flavours pretty much all work for me (excluding lime cola), every non-standard fanta ive tried (excluding lemon fanta) was outright repulsive

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I miss Wildwood grape soda. I grew up on that poo poo and it turned my entire mouth purple every time.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: gonna leave work early to go drinking with my friends for the first time in a year and a half before we will need to self impose our next lockdown because the pa legislature took away the governors power to declare emergencies

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
fruit sodas in general i feel like were very popular in the late 80s when i was a smol boi

strawberrry/orange/grape crush, etc.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

grown ups drink fruit beer or cider

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

fart simpson posted:

grown ups drink out of jugs with xxx on them

Adbot