Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

cls is 'grape soda' a popular flavor in the US? I picked up an 8-pack of 0-sugar Fanta in Grape as it's the first time I've seen it in stores here, and its the weirdest taste, it's like what I imagine a fruity sink cleaner would be like.

grape fanta is top tier
pineapple jarritos as well
mandarin jarritos is the weirdest flavor you can only have like 1 sip but it actually manages to taste like a mandarin for the one sip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

don’t drink soda

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

fart simpson posted:

grown ups drink fruit beer or cider

i am not generally a fan of these sorts of things. a small taste is fine once in a while but too many of them are wayyyyy too sweet these days. like, just drink vodka and koolaid at that point (drink whatever you want actually but none for me thx)

there are deece ciders finally happening in north america that taste like something besides apple juice, at least

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
a dry alcoholic cider is good.

i also tend to get this stuff when i see it:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I used to drink vodka mixed with mountain dew. I was told this is called a “russian blowjob”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mediaphage posted:

i am not generally a fan of these sorts of things. a small taste is fine once in a while but too many of them are wayyyyy too sweet these days. like, just drink vodka and koolaid at that point (drink whatever you want actually but none for me thx)

there are deece ciders finally happening in north america that taste like something besides apple juice, at least

i like lost coast tangerine wheat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

eschaton posted:

it has been since the 1980s and it’s an awesome open source success story

AutoLISP is David Betz’s XLISP, wired into the AutoCAD engine, and it’s basically responsible for an awful lot of modern engineering because it allowed the creation of higher level abstractions on top of the basic CAD substrate

basically Computer Aided Engineering on steroids, instead of making dimensioned drawings you’re describing structures and the dimensioned drawings pop out the other end

it meant a whole third party ecosystem sprung up around AutoCAD that just leveled both its general-purpose competitors and a large number of special-purpose design systems, because why go with some niche product when AutoCAD can do the same thing

you shpuld apply to my company and write clojure all day erry day

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

what the gently caress

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Silver Alicorn posted:

I used to drink vodka mixed with mountain dew. I was told this is called a “russian blowjob”

what happened.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cjs: Someone sent me an email yesterday end of the day asking me to do something. I got an email this morning saying they did it themselves.

I love when my job is this easy.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you shpuld apply to my company and write clojure all day erry day

Thinking about how quickly I would die if I ever tried to write a LISPy language professionally, having never been able to wrap my head around one casually.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

CPColin posted:

Thinking about how quickly I would die if I ever tried to write a LISPy language professionally, having never been able to wrap my head around one casually.

whats the hard part for you

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Silver Alicorn posted:

honey jack and mountain dew is the devil, bobby boucher

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb46bQp-5Jg

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

yeah that’s pretty much the taste of it.

nothing like few refreshing chugs from a cold jar of pickle juice when you’re feeling dehydrated after an outdoor run on a 💯° day.

ahhhhhhh!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

fart simpson posted:

whats the hard part for you

Not sure. It just never clicks. Maybe I hate the syntax? But that's like most of the point, so

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

CPColin posted:

Not sure. It just never clicks. Maybe I hate the syntax? But that's like most of the point, so

go live in a repl a bit and write a nontrivial program by building up big sexps in repl, thats the way youre supposed to do poo poo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

leave me out of this

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: holy poo poo thank you intellij for helping me undo deleting my stuff by accident

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

prefect posted:

cjs: holy poo poo thank you intellij for helping me undo deleting my stuff by accident

jetbrains is good people

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bump_fn posted:

holy poo poo djokovic lost

to whom

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

joke-o-vic :smugdog:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

fart simpson posted:

what happened.

I got drunk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump_fn posted:

holy poo poo djokovic lost

good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
one of the more wild things ive seen this year was djoko getting so pissed an unranked got 2 sets on him he did nothing but crosscourt volley the rest of the way and ran the dude like a dog until they quit in the 5th set

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

what a djoke

e: gently caress.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

yeah that’s pretty much the taste of it.

nothing like few refreshing chugs from a cold jar of pickle juice when you’re feeling dehydrated after an outdoor run on a 💯° day.

ahhhhhhh!

i had a friend was i was like 10 whose grandparents owned a small bar / sysco restaurant. on the real hot summer days we’d sit in the walk in and do shots of pickle juice

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

cjs: company town call was covering people outside of tech who got promotions and raises so i pinged my director "where's my money?" and he said he's going to bring it up with the ceo next week. he also said he was told promotions were supposed to go in line with reviews and he was waiting for half year but ceo just stated promotions can happen at any time with new responsibility and show of skill

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Captain Foo posted:

don’t drink soda

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

if only in kentucky

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

does anyone remember who made my av? I want to credit them correctly

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

cjs: Someone sent me an email yesterday end of the day asking me to do something. I got an email this morning saying they did it themselves.

I love when my job is this easy.

8:45 AM: !!!!!! REPORT IS STILL QUEUED PLZ HELP !!!!!

8:47 AM: Oh it finished nm

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mediaphage posted:

i had a friend was i was like 10 whose grandparents owned a small bar / sysco restaurant. on the real hot summer days we’d sit in the walk in and do shots of pickle juice

i used to do pisskey whickles, where you do a shot of whiskey with a pickle juice chaser. those were especially good if all you had was lovely whiskey because the pickle juice almost totally cancels out the gross whiskey taste

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ive always called them picklebacks

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
jetbrains and all their products rule

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PokeJoe posted:

ive always called them picklebacks

this is also what i have heard

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol

Silver Alicorn posted:

well kak dela-dee-da

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

jetbrains and all their products rule

intellij rules

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

agreed with everyone, big pycharm enjoyer over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

8:45 AM: !!!!!! REPORT IS STILL QUEUED PLZ HELP !!!!!

8:47 AM: Oh it finished nm

Lol apparently management was harassing them to get the thing done ASAP.