Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cryptoracle posted:

Reading comprehension is your friend. I never claimed 4 billion people didn't have access to electricity.

i never claimed you claimed that either :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryptoracle
Jul 30, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kw0134 posted:

gently caress education, access to health care, shelter, or steady supplies of food and clean water, we're gonna helicopter drop slips of paper with a few satoshis on them and that'll solve the world's problems
False dichotomy. These are not at all mutually exclusive goals. Moreover, capitalists are doing very little to solve any of those other problems in any meaningful way. In fact many of these problems are worsening globally as the climate continues to deteriorate (food and water in particular)!

I am pro-bitcoin because Nakamoto Consensus breaks this system.

And it's a system that deserves to be broken.

Cryptoracle fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 30, 2021

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cryptoracle posted:

According to the World Bank, 1.972 billion adults don't have access to banking (2018 data).

lol i saw you originally said 4 billion there and ninja'd it because you hadn't read down to the part of the article that says it's actually 1.972 billion you sneaky goose

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

there isn't enough lols for this. you're gonna "break the system" in which step one requires the unimaginable accumulation of wealth by early adopters of butts. the fact you think this figleaf of philanthropy fools anyone is a form of self-delusion that should be codified in the dsm.

Cryptoracle
Jul 30, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy posted:

lol i saw you originally said 4 billion there and ninja'd it because you hadn't read down to the part of the article that says it's actually 1.972 billion you sneaky goose
Nah, I did that calculation myself. I first used all human beings, but then noticed the article was only making claims about adults (74% of global population), so I adjusted the number downward to keep it fair and accurate.

Cryptoracle
Jul 30, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kw0134 posted:

there isn't enough lols for this. you're gonna "break the system" in which step one requires the unimaginable accumulation of wealth by early adopters of butts. the fact you think this figleaf of philanthropy fools anyone is a form of self-delusion that should be codified in the dsm.
Philanthropy doesn't change poo poo, and I never claimed it did.

Maybe try re-reading my posts and comprehending my actual arguments before responding next time.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Shame Boy posted:

i had a substitute teacher in highschool who had gotten super rich off apple stock (and just substitute taught as something to do I guess?? I don't know man) and was like "yep i got real lucky in the stock market and now i drive a cool car" and that was basically it

Woz taught 5th grade for like 10 years after Apple because he said his 5th grade teacher was a huge inspiration in his life

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Cryptoracle posted:

Maybe try re-reading my posts and comprehending my actual arguments before responding next time.

No one is going to do that

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

your arguments are nonsensical, as is your rebuttal because that's a deliberate misread of what "philanthropy" means. step one of bitcoininzation is the immense accumulation of wealth by the early adopters. this is so self evident in the way you keep jabbering about its value. this will benefit the rest of humanity because and this is where you leak out a noisy wet fart and claim it is rhetorical genius while everyone else tries to bodily throw you out of the room for being so noxious.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kw0134 posted:

ah yes you see i'm into deflationary currency because i want to help the poor. it will do this by making it so the rich get richer without even having to pretend to do anything, just holding money and not spending it or investing it, and as a side effect it also makes debt get more expensive and harder to pay back over time. and thus the problem was solved.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

i mean that would be actually clever in a "to serve man" way if by "helping the unbanked" the new oligarchs starve them all to death so there are none left.

Cryptoracle
Jul 30, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kw0134 posted:

your arguments are nonsensical, as is your rebuttal because that's a deliberate misread of what "philanthropy" means. step one of bitcoininzation is the immense accumulation of wealth by the early adopters. this is so self evident in the way you keep jabbering about its value.
The fiat trading value of Bitcoin doesn't matter because freedom is priceless.

Government fiat is worthless to anyone except the tiny sliver of humanity who make up the capitalist elite. They benefit enormously from the power of monetary policy making by their government pals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XEnTxlBuGo

Cryptoracle fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 30, 2021

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Stop engaging with the CP bitcoiner (but I repeat myself)

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gschmidl posted:

Stop engaging with the CP bitcoiner (but I repeat myself)

too drat early for the 'pos to be forgetting this

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

what if we're really bored? also the latest seraph response is the type 2, where he substitutes an argument for sucking more of satoshi's dick. it's also a number 2 in that it's poop.

Cryptoracle
Jul 30, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy posted:

ah yes you see i'm into deflationary currency because i want to help the poor. it will do this by making it so the rich get richer without even having to pretend to do anything, just holding money and not spending it or investing it, and as a side effect it also makes debt get more expensive and harder to pay back over time. and thus the problem was solved.
gently caress, you're so close to getting it. The debt valuation inversion you've just described will prove fatal for capitalism.

Read this book https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt:_The_First_5000_Years

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ah yes, make holding debt more profitable, that will show those dastardly capitalists

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

touching the poop: not even once

Cryptoracle
Jul 30, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy posted:

ah yes, make holding debt more profitable, that will show those dastardly capitalists
Correct. From a historical perspective, there is a breaking point wrt to wealth & power inequities.

Modern people generally will do almost anything to avoid any kind of violence, to say nothing of systemic rebellion, with all the risks and sacrifices that entails. This of course includes all sorts of mental gymnastics.

However, that all starts to break down when people start to feel like they have no power and no hope. When they start to feel that they’re living in a society with no justice, that’s the beginning of the end. How long do you think people are going to tolerate living as permanent wage slaves in a world where their debts can never be repaid?

We can already see today the unfathomable amount of resentment and rage simmering just beneath the surface. Every so often it bubbles up and is unleashed in an explosion of violence, reminding us that we are never truly safe in this society.

We're already living in a powderkeg situation, politically speaking.

Arthur Miller posted:

An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted… A retreat began from the old confidence in reason itself; nothing any longer could be what it seemed… A sort of political surrealism came dancing through the ruins of what had nearly been a beautifully moral and rational world… The whole place was becoming inhuman, not only because an unaccustomed fear was spreading so fast, but more because nobody would admit to being afraid.
Miller, Arthur. 1974. “The Year it Came Apart.” New York Magazine, 30 December 1974 – 6 January 1975, 8 (1): 30-44. Regarding the events of 1949.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylp5iKDFe10

Bitcoin is a spark.

Cryptoracle fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 30, 2021

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm gay

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lol I was wondering why there were so many posts in the buttcoin thread.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

yes but when wealth inequality people tend to kill the rich, crypto isn't going to kill the rich

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
"my life is challenging due to my lack of access to banking services"

"I have something to help you!"

"is it access to banking services?"

"it's the most amazing thing! all people could benefit from this amazing innovation!"

"but will it allow me to access banking services?"

"some of the things you can do with it are almost indistinguishable from select types of banking services!"

"like what?"

"you can store your savings with it, and the value might even go up over time!"

"what do you mean, 'might?' can it go down?"

"it almost never does, and over the long term, it's up quite a bit!"

"so it's an investment? that doesn't sound anything like savings storage. does it do any other bank-like things? like loans?"

"you know, I think I'm beginning to see why you're unbanked. you don't know an amazing deal when it's staring you right in the face"

"so it's nothing kind banking then. why are you even pitching this as a benefit to unbanked people?"

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"how does it help?"

[Ten thousand word rant about the destruction of the state]

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
buttcoin

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

now you’ve done it. now you’ve really gone and done it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Yeah it's like a banking service if you conducted all your payments via wire transfer and your deposit account had -40% yield over the past 4 months and some jackass thinks a great name for sunk cost fallacy is "dollar cost averaging" while trying to make this lovely banking service sound appealing

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

kw0134 posted:

what if we're really bored? also the latest seraph response is the type 2, where he substitutes an argument for sucking more of satoshi's dick. it's also a number 2 in that it's poop.

in order to know this you'd have to read his posts, which is also a mistake

:hmmyes:

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

I wasn’t sure what to think about Bitcoin, but when I read that it wasn’t about safety…it’s about freedom. I knew it was right for me.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

but this is the hammer that will crack the state and all those oligarchs. nevermind that i've been crowing for literal years about how wealthy buttscoin made me, this will adhere to the benefit of the unbanked because the fed was ended. how? because of [insert galtse]

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

kw0134 posted:

"how does it help?"

Bitcoin is good because not only does it destroy the state, it also destroys the planet.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

More importantly though it destroys my ability to upgrade my graphics card.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

LordSaturn posted:

in order to know this you'd have to read his posts, which is also a mistake
it's true, i often question the choices that lead me to discuss the words of known pedophile seraph and his many flimsy disguises.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if bitcoin was able to meaningfully help the poor it wold have been killed in a flash crash years ago

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
dickquack

Cryptoracle
Jul 30, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah it's like a banking service if you conducted all your payments via wire transfer and your deposit account had -40% yield over the past 4 months
-40% yield over the past 4 months? It must be fun to cherry pick a tiny timeframe from 12 years of data and smugly act as if that can be extrapolated out to make an argument about the bigger picture.

Convenient that you choose to ignore the fact that anyone who bought and held when I was first posting about Bitcoin on these forums in 2015 is up 15,000+% as of today.

FAUXTON posted:

and some jackass thinks a great name for sunk cost fallacy is "dollar cost averaging" while trying to make this lovely banking service sound appealing

Perhaps we should consider the data rather than your emotional argument?

https://dcabtc.com/

But to reiterate:

Cryptoracle posted:

The fiat trading value of Bitcoin doesn't matter because freedom is priceless.

Government fiat is worthless to anyone except the tiny sliver of humanity who make up the capitalist elite. They benefit enormously from the power of monetary policy making by their government pals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XEnTxlBuGo

Cryptoracle fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 30, 2021

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

kw0134 posted:

"how does it help?"

I think this is funny because if Molly lives in rural Kenya and doesn’t have banking access, when she finally deposits real money from her sick bcash gains her account will get closed/confiscated for suspected money laundering or whatever scummy Bitcoin poo poo is FotM, because organized crime is both really smart at figuring out how to prey on poorer folks and addicted to ancient cons at the same time because there is no downside consequences for the guys making the bulk of the money.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

bitcoins, so dangerous to the existing elite and plutocrats that it has its own header on cnbc and other financial sites with banks offering advice on how to invest in it

bitscoins, going to smash the existing capitalistic superstructure so that known anti-capitalist emon lusk says tesla owns a few billion in it and both the stock and price of butts go up, making apartheid profiteer even wealthier

bitscoins, so efficient that a single gambling site shut down blockchain transactions for a week

in conclusion, buttscoin is a land of contrasts in stupid and very stupid

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

government fiat is worthless apart from all those things you can use it for like rent and food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

but you see, once you smash the state, the poor will be equal (but not as equal to me, the chad early adopter). this will incidentally make all those age of consent laws null, which is a hindrance to TRUE FREEDOM