Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cryptoracle
Jul 30, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kw0134 posted:

bitcoins, so dangerous to the existing elite and plutocrats that it has its own header on cnbc and other financial sites with banks offering advice on how to invest in it

bitscoins, going to smash the existing capitalistic superstructure so that known anti-capitalist emon lusk says tesla owns a few billion in it and both the stock and price of butts go up, making apartheid profiteer even wealthier

bitscoins, so efficient that a single gambling site shut down blockchain transactions for a week

in conclusion, buttscoin is a land of contrasts in stupid and very stupid
The fact that feudal lords had equal disproportionate access to both gunpowder and the books produced by the printing press did nothing to stop the end of feudalism from arriving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

njsykora posted:

government fiat is worthless apart from all those things you can use it for like rent and food

a being of pure energy requires neither food nor lodgings and as we have now established that bit-coin is the 5th state of energy hyperbitcoinization will solve everything

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

this is such an empty brained response that it's taking a lot of effort to not set out a multipage discussion on the transmission of power from the feudal to early modern

let's just say that the ancient duchy of norfolk isn't crying that he no longer sits in court judging peasants and can count his vast inherited wealth in peace

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cryptoracle posted:

-40% yield over the past 4 months? It must be fun to cherry pick a tiny timeframe from 12 years of data and smugly act as if that can be extrapolated out to make an argument about the bigger picture.

just buy a time machine bro/it only ever goes up are rookie arguments that died with the bush admin

Cryptoracle posted:

Perhaps we should consider the data rather than your emotional argument?

So you're just handwaving at 'emotions' and not going to even address the fact that you're in denial about sunk cost and call it cost averaging to keep the charade going? It's like hearing wolfowitz' arguments for staying in Iraq all over again.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

njsykora posted:

sir this is an arby's

sarby's

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR_ZsXFAtew

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ffs you lose 40% over the past 4 months spending every day nervously checking exchange rates and act like that's better than making 30k a month importing vape batteries which takes like 1 email a week.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

njsykora posted:

sir this is an arby's
do you take lightnting

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

kw0134 posted:

this is such an empty brained response that it's taking a lot of effort to not set out a multipage discussion on the transmission of power from the feudal to early modern

let's just say that the ancient duchy of norfolk isn't crying that he no longer sits in court judging peasants and can count his vast inherited wealth in peace

Yeah but if he had invested that vast wealth in bitcoin...

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bit.....COIN!?!?!:eek:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If I wanted a bitcoin, I'd bite a nipple.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

seraph showing up right around month-end after scarfing down all the adderall he skipped on the weekends all cottonmouthed just to shitpost and get laughed at before being permad on yet another account

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

imagine spending thousands of dollars on an obscure web forum to try and make them like and accept you

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Buttcoin = accelerationism is a take I haven't heard before and I am surprised any genuine proponent of crypto could make such an argument with a straight face.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

imagine spending thousands of dollars on an obscure web forum to try and make them like and accept you

have you really spent that much?!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

bitcoin is everything and anything necessary to own the nocoiners even if none of the stances agree with each other or indeed are internally consistent. keep throwing out new talking points and don't go back to the ones you've made earlier when you don't have a real rebuttal.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

a neurotic ai posted:

I am surprised any genuine proponent of crypto could make such an argument with a straight face.

they’re desperate for emotional and financial validation, and that need circumvents everything else

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

where the gently caress did that Gospel of Satoshi post go

I want to say "bitkoine greek"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
i spend a thousand bucks at arby's every day so that they will let me read the john galt speech at the cashiers any time i want

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

LordSaturn posted:

"bitkoine greek"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
...not the most intuitive of jokes

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

LordSaturn posted:

I want to say "bitkoine greek"

Timeo Danaos et bitdenarii ferentes.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:gerard:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
i was wondering how bitcoin would help people who don't have access to electricity but maybe you can do the blockchain with carrier pigeons or something

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

so what is the existing barrier that has been stopping Bitcoin for the last ten years from solving the unbanked problem? like, what are bitcoiners waiting on before they’re allowed so financially rescue the world?

the savior currency is already here but poor people are still poor. this makes no sense

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

i was wondering how bitcoin would help people who don't have access to electricity but maybe you can do the blockchain with carrier pigeons or something

smoke signals.

i'm not joking, they've suggested it

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Clockwerk posted:

so what is the existing barrier that has been stopping Bitcoin for the last ten years from solving the unbanked problem? like, what are bitcoiners waiting on before they’re allowed so financially rescue the world?

the savior currency is already here but poor people are still poor. this makes no sense
the barrier is that they are not yet insanely rich. if you bring up this point, then there's a completely whacko screed about how buttcoin will demolish the state [citation needed] and that the fixation on price is unseemly despite it being brought up all the time. literally a schizo argument that has absolutely no basis in any form of reality. it's at war with itself and with the real desires of coiners.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Clockwerk posted:

turns out poor people can't afford the fees to use the network

maybe what's needed is some sort of trustworthy party that could act as a sort of store of their balance so they didn't need to use it directly. if there were branches of this things then people could just walk in to them! of course there'd need to be some regulations so you'd know your money was safe and they weren't a scammer

nothing like that exists though so I guess smoke signals it is

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

smoke signals.

i'm not joking, they've suggested it

remember how after the apocalypse bitcoin will still be around because by then we'll have launched a fleet of fully-autonomous self-repairing magical satellites to beam down the blockchain forever

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

lol for sure it will happen that once bitcoin becomes immensely valuable (value measured in fiat), then the people who own all the bitcoin will turn around and destroy the evil capitalist system (which gives fiat it's value).

this will definitely happen, and the bitcoin billionaires will definitely not cash out and become regular billionaires, that would be scummy!

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the tinkerbell twins allegedly haven't cashed out but I think given time they'll come around to the idea of state security for their wealth

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Twelve by Pies posted:

just print the private key on a little slip of paper and glue it to a coin duh

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

blugu64 posted:

just print the private key on a little slip of paper and glue it to a coin duh

i think they had physical bitcoins at one point that had a qr code sticker that had the public key and you had to peel off something to show the private key

so secure

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

kill you are father, Ron Paul 2012

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

kw0134 posted:

there isn't enough lols for this. you're gonna "break the system" in which step one requires the unimaginable accumulation of wealth by early adopters of butts. the fact you think this figleaf of philanthropy fools anyone is a form of self-delusion that should be codified in the dsm.

iirc seraph has admitted that he only gets like this when he doesn't take his meds

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Mercury_Storm posted:

kill you are father, Ron Paul 2012

i love the checkbox which is the only thing to indicate if the bill is empty or not

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
an easy way to send Bitcoin involving merely 3 different qr codes

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Boxturret posted:

i love the checkbox which is the only thing to indicate if the bill is empty or not

I always got a kick out of those because of the process involved. Like you’d have to go out of your way to fund the bill then hand it to someone, then they’d have to redeem it. so like doubling the transaction fees.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

raminasi posted:

iirc seraph has admitted that he only gets like this when he doesn't take his meds
his posting style is definitely manic. his logic is...well, if there's a comorbidity it wouldn't surprise me a whit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

aw, sadly printcoins.com is no longer functioning

lol this is their last tweet
https://twitter.com/printcoins/status/386446903593803776

~memories~