Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
THE SKY GOD IS ANGRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
isnt that the normal god?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
americans say it like neesawn like that hehe

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
whenever you type out a noise and write "like that" afterwards I immediately re-read the post in tommy coopers voice

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

eheh

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
I really really miss going to the pub on Fridays with work people

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

my friday night

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

my friday night

That's a very small box of wine

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Waitrose? Hark at thee

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Not sure how I feel about grassy wine

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Mojo Jojo posted:

That's a very small box of wine

It says a lot about me that the box of wine didn't register but I did immediately think "paltry haggis"

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol yeah I only saw that when I looked at the picture. Is that a winey term? I had to get the box though for the prominent Waitrose logo to flaunt my visit there. Maybe if I'd gone to Tescos I could have stretched to a adult sized box of wine.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Since we are talking booze, cider peeps peep this 8.4pc cider that is not gassy or wee-ey at all. Closest thing to apple juice and it will steal your legs

https://www.sandfordorchards.co.uk/product/the-general/

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol yeah I only saw that when I looked at the picture. Is that a winey term? I had to get the box though for the prominent Waitrose logo to flaunt my visit there. Maybe if I'd gone to Tescos I could have stretched to a adult sized box of wine.

Its wine code for New Zealand style sauvignon blanc.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Obviously as soon as I tasted it I realised this and remembered that I also already knew this.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

There's some kind of shortage on NZ SB at the moment due to a crap grape harvest

This is the extent of my current wine knowledge

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

kecske posted:

it's the one that looks dumb as hell, op

I think I'm going to investigate in the hatchback area first before I somehow end up buying an xc90 or something

The last car I bought was a Kia Niro and it's a pretty drat nice car and hits that 'crossover but not too huge' kind of area.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The e niro is a great car also. I mean it'll quite quickly get surpassed but certainly right now still a great buy. But I don't think there are any available lol.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The e niro is a great car also. I mean it'll quite quickly get surpassed but certainly right now still a great buy. But I don't think there are any available lol.

That's what I got, but I was lucky to get it - some corporate cancelled their order due to the pandemic so there were around 50 nicely specced ones in black only for about a day. I've only been putting about 200 miles a month on it because of the plague, but I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks and will be putting about 500 miles in a day on it (bristol, north wales, scotland), which should be fun since my experience of public chargers is limited.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah I only know the Tesla charger infrastructure. I really pity the rest of you. Good luck.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Take along a diesel generator just in case.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm surprised they let you into Waitrose wearing those shoes

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bardeh posted:

I'm surprised they let you into Waitrose wearing those shoes

those are my best wedding/funeral merrels

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

There's some kind of shortage on NZ SB at the moment due to a crap grape harvest

This is the extent of my current wine knowledge

i lost a good friend last year who would only drink Marlborough Sauvignon Blancs so I'm glad shes not here to see this. RIP pal

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

goatface posted:

Take along a diesel generator just in case.

First time I did a long distance trip I used the wrong charger and got 20 charge miles after 45 minutes. Drove to the next charger and it was broken, ended up at another with 7 miles in the battery and managed to get back up to 80%. Fun stuff for sure.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Heres me da's new full electric skoda I mentioned a while back. It didnt come with a charging cable. Hes had to buy it 3rd party and has bought a home charging unit from skoda de to be delivered to a friend in ireland to then send on to his house in france because yeah obviously lol.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Commiserations, goons.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

Sloth Life posted:

Since we are talking booze, cider peeps peep this 8.4pc cider that is not gassy or wee-ey at all. Closest thing to apple juice and it will steal your legs

https://www.sandfordorchards.co.uk/product/the-general/

I bought some Beer Lao after recommendation by this thread, so now I think I'll buy some cider. 12x500ml bottles for £32, or a 20 litre box for £67. A box that wouldn't fit in my fridge...

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Doug Sisk posted:

I bought some Beer Lao after recommendation by this thread, so now I think I'll buy some cider. 12x500ml bottles for £32, or a 20 litre box for £67. A box that wouldn't fit in my fridge...

Get the bottles as a trial, you might not like it and can palm bottles off on other people if that is the case. If you do like, box box box.

Or, if you are near Okehampton, try it at the plume of feathers bottle shop - that's where I found it

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i've bought a few of those 20L bag in box things, and the main problem with them (aside from their general bulkiness and the fact that I have to take a shelf or two out of the fridge to find space for them) is that they can't be carbonated so the beer/cider is always flat. just something to consider.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Oh poo poo I'm in London, what should I do for a few hours near Euston?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

british museum?

e: it's too early to drink at the euston tap but you could also walk up to regents' park and go to the zoo

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

kecske posted:

it's the one that looks dumb as hell, op

I think I'm going to investigate in the hatchback area first before I somehow end up buying an xc90 or something

Get a used Skoda station wagon like a normal person

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Euston is 5 minutes from the rest of the west end, so just wander.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

i'm going to the pub today for the first time in over a year :coronatoot:

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

what is: the pub???

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

baby don't hurt me

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Please buy me

A pint

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

british museum?

e: it's too early to drink at the euston tap but you could also walk up to regents' park and go to the zoo

London Zoo on a saturday in the school holidays lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Go and stand at the fence and watch the wolves in the rain. Drink wine.

“I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth…”