Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

It's just a gripe about a clear double standard at the judicial level.

But yeah, specifically this poo poo, which is praised and celebrated, often by the very same people that turn around and condemn Watson's tip tackle (which he should have at the very least gotten a yellow for).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv5IX9nN8ys

Direct contact with the head, no mitigating factors, it's a straight red if there ever was one. Number of weeks on the sideline for Botia as a result of a visit to the judiciary? 0.

This specific video is hosted on the official youtube channel of a national governing body, for gently caress's sake. Until this bullshit stops being celebrated, and consistently policed by the WR judiciary, any talk of concussion protocols will be just that: talk.

But then again, I vividly remember the down-playing of Vunipola's shoulder-charge at Beauden Barrett's head in the second test 4 years ago, and the lack of any citing.

You respect the laws. Except when you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Watson out for Faletau, Harris starting and Daly dropping to the bench at the expense of Williams, Mako swapping in for Sutherland and Murray starting in place of Price.

I can see SA coming back stronger this week but the Lions bench looks a lot more poised to take advantage of a tiring team, whether they have the ability to exploit any space is another question. Not overly convinced by Biggar so far but I do like the look of that centre partnership.

Centre seems to be the issue at the weekend so hopefully it mixes things up a bit. I think Faletau is stronger as a starter but then Conan would drop to the bench and that would be unfair on him. Jones must still be injured or I would have expected him to get the start with Mako on the bench.

I hope Biggar has recovered from his concussion but even if he has, playing again 7 days after isn't a great look for player safety even if it is within protocols.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

edogawa rando posted:

It's just a gripe about a clear double standard at the judicial level.

But yeah, specifically this poo poo, which is praised and celebrated, often by the very same people that turn around and condemn Watson's tip tackle (which he should have at the very least gotten a yellow for).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv5IX9nN8ys

Direct contact with the head, no mitigating factors, it's a straight red if there ever was one. Number of weeks on the sideline for Botia as a result of a visit to the judiciary? 0.

This specific video is hosted on the official youtube channel of a national governing body, for gently caress's sake. Until this bullshit stops being celebrated, and consistently policed by the WR judiciary, any talk of concussion protocols will be just that: talk.

But then again, I vividly remember the down-playing of Vunipola's shoulder-charge at Beauden Barrett's head in the second test 4 years ago, and the lack of any citing.

Ah. i just watched that clip. Looks like a straight red to me, and if not on the field then a ban afterwards. It's clear to me that Watson should have had at least a yellow if not a red. That seems to be consensus though.

Given how strong N Hemisphere rugby is right now the Lions squad has huge depth, so should be very hard to beat on Saturday. I wouldn't change much about that team except for Cowan-Dickie, as the lineouts were wobbly, but given the depth it's hard to argue with any of the changes.

SA suffered from a tactical rigidity, which is not new for us. I think we will come back strongly and hopefully with more acumen, but am not very confident.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Watson out for Faletau, Harris starting and Daly dropping to the bench at the expense of Williams, Mako swapping in for Sutherland and Murray starting in place of Price.

I can see SA coming back stronger this week but the Lions bench looks a lot more poised to take advantage of a tiring team, whether they have the ability to exploit any space is another question. Not overly convinced by Biggar so far but I do like the look of that centre partnership.

A little surprised that Jones is still there. He didn't have a good game Saturday.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Not sure if I’m getting just getting old but the “mind games” being played in the press between the Lions and SA camps is really loving tedious this time around.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Gatland's mind games were tedius shite when he was the Welsh coach so no real surprise when it gets carried over to an even bigger platform and he dials it up to 11. Rassie responding to it with bizzaro social media stuff is sad and disappointing.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I should really get my Fiji $7 note framed huh. That thing must be going up in value

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Erasmus has possibly the most "not mad" energy going on I've ever seen

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
So not owned by his burner being outed he made an hour long video. What a tour.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I wonder if he has a coke problem. He doesn't look that out of it during the video but this is the kind of bizarre behaviour I'd expect from an already edgy guy like rassie if he had tripled his use or something.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

The man is a clown

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/KimValliereSRC/status/1421000630697558017

Jamie Cudmore continues to be as big a oval office off the pitch as he was on it.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Good bit of early handbags.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Wiese starting his penalty count off early with a no arms tackle.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

That was pretty dumb yellow.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Totally mistimed that kick at the ball, pretty dumb there.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

That one even worse. Could be red.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Boks aerial game sucks so of course they are gonna kick the ball even more.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

That's a bad fall.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Kolbe is lucky he's only getting a yellow.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

"Landed on his back" is a very generous interpretation for a player landing face first on the ground

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Fell on his back? Bollocks.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Looked like Kolbe grabbed him by the throat in the follow-on, or maybe it was a shove near the clavicle

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

3-hour video of Rassie whinging about O'Keefe incoming.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kolisi needs to tell le Roux to shut up.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Faf is going to get himself sent off is he keeps tackling like that.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

This game is going to take 3 hours

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I wonder if they feel respected now the reffing is looking bent as gently caress.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Cowan-Dickie has one of the worst tackle techniques when he goes low I've seen in a long time. No wonder he keeps getting concussed

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

That's a really good try

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

well worked try.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

good finish that.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Lions are getting bullied here

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

It'd be really harsh not to give this imo

Edit: yeh

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Every time I go from "what the gently caress you doing, Faf?!" To "you genius, Faf!"

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Lions lookin real tired now

e: Hah! apparently i have a comment saved in this thread from 637 days ago.. it reads "Faf such a bitch, but drat good!"

I stand by it

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Lions back three have been beyond awful. Hogg having one of the worst games I remember him having.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, the back three have been dogshit. Has Watson even caught a ball in the air yet?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Nyakane is an absolute unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
The Springboks are dirty, cheating bastards. But gently caress me, they're fantastic dirty, cheating bastards.

They bullied the lions into being poo poo and you have to admire it.