Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
OK try this. Take a glass (chill it for a bit maybe) drop in just a bit of milk and good squeeze of chocolate syrup add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and fill it up like half-way with soda water. Mix every thing up a bit so you have some nice chocolaty ice-creamy soda water then add another scoop and top of with a bit more soda. Top it with some more syrup maybe? Or some whip cream? I dunno, maybe a cherry if you're fancy. Then get a spoon and a straw and enjoy.

Why did we decide this was a hokey thing people could have ever only done in the 50s? It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
did you know that an egg cream contains neither eggs nor cream

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Maybe we should go to a sock-hop afterwards, gee willikers!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Shameel Chmaizel. Spoom some cream into your cola!

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Chocolate malt

Mmmmmmm

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
We have jägerbombs now, gramps.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

My grandmother had malted milk powder way up high in a cupboard above the stove. I used to sneak spoonfuls and let it dissolve in my mouth till I kinda choked on it

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Xaintrailles posted:

Completely unrelated items, sonny.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Pour some Surge over a few scoops of chocolate ice cream

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Xaintrailles posted:

AKA Pseudonym posted:

OK try this. Take a glass (chill it for a bit maybe) drop in just a bit of milk and good squeeze of chocolate syrup add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and fill it up like half-way with soda water. Mix every thing up a bit so you have some nice chocolaty ice-creamy soda water then add another scoop and top of with a bit more soda. Top it with some more syrup maybe? Or some whip cream? I dunno, maybe a cherry if you're fancy. Then get a spoon and a straw and enjoy.

Why did we decide this was a hokey thing people could have ever only done in the 50s? It's good.
This sounds so drat good btw^
When you think about it isn't Starbucks based on a similar thing?

We just went coffee instead of ice cream

:aaaaa:

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

Spinz posted:

Spinz posted:

Dementia is kicking in for the last remaining ice cream soda drinkers :smith:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Xaintrailles posted:

Dementia is kicking in for the last remaining ice cream soda drinkers :smith:

Pish
Dementia
I'll see you in a week in my Guess The Politician thread. You have to play for GBS or Cspam may kick our rear end
:dance:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Torquemada posted:

You see, this is the attitude that's preventing us all from enjoying ice cream sodas. Alas it was the way I thought too. Then I realized I had some ice cream and some soda water I could see what this poo poo was all about. Now I'm a changed man.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sherbet with either lemon or lime seltzer over it makes a good combo

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
In the gelataria I worked in, they called it Sorbet, but i think Sorbet goes with a carbonated (soda) drink better.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Just tried this. Can confirm, is disgusting. Those mothers that know are evil bastards trying to kill their children.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

staberind posted:

In the gelataria I worked in, they called it Sorbet, but i think Sorbet goes with a carbonated (soda) drink better.

I just said that

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Here is my social/ Orange for a acid redux.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Take a glass and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it. Pour Pepto-bismol into the glass filling it half way. Fill the rest of the glass with Zima. Top with capers and green onions.

Enjoy!

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
I had an egg cream at a Polish place in Brooklyn once because it felt like the right thing to do at the time

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Well I don't have any of that poo poo OP, so here's some Häagen-Dazs strawberry cheesecake and coke zero:

Guess what? It loving sucked. Got any other good ideas?

Spinz posted:

I'll see you in a week in my Guess The Politician thread. You have to play for GBS or Cspam may kick our rear end
Anything to keep your neuroplasticity up, Spinz.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Torquemada posted:

You're a real flat tire, pal.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Xenocides posted:

Just tried this. Can confirm, is disgusting. Those mothers that know are evil bastards trying to kill their children.

It's okay with cola though

I dunno what dumbass thought a lemon lime milk would be good

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

In Australia what you call an "Ice Cream Soda" is called a "Spider". And they rule.

I don't know if they still sell them, but as a kid I remember The Pancake Parlour selling them.

Lime Spiders are the best!.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Root beer floats are good. Put a little vanilla vodka in there too and BAM, welcome to flavor town

E. Vvv drat, that’s a really good idea that I’ve never considered

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 1, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Using orange soda and vanilla ice cream to make a float is also pretty nice

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I’m fat enough as it is OP

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Craft beer is all about adding purees and shaved ice and poo poo to beer and sell it 10$ a pint to gentrefied suckers these days so you may be on to something

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

I am now one of those people who think soda companies are exactly as evil as cigarette companies and should be treated the same way. We have to think of the children and stop this madness.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Wow look at this soda JERK

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Xaintrailles posted:

Well I don't have any of that poo poo OP, so here's some Häagen-Dazs strawberry cheesecake and coke zero:

Guess what? It loving sucked. Got any other good ideas?

Anything to keep your neuroplasticity up, Spinz.

I bet you can't do it with diet sodas. I tried making a root beer float the other day with diet root beer (which is excellent normally) and frozen yogurt. Had to throw it in the sink it was so nasty.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You shouldn't consume sugars or milk fats, they're bad for you. Instead try drinking a nice cool glass of water or in cold weather a piping hot mug of peppermint tea. You'll feel better and lose weight.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I guess I could give it a try

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Spinz posted:

My grandmother had malted milk powder way up high in a cupboard above the stove. I used to sneak spoonfuls and let it dissolve in my mouth till I kinda choked on it

Lol

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I like adding a scoop of good quality vanilla bean ice cream to a nice stout. Takes the edge off during a hot summer evening

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

did you know that an egg cream contains neither eggs nor cream

i cream eggs all the time :pervert:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Dear Watson posted:

I like adding a scoop of good quality vanilla bean ice cream to a nice stout. Takes the edge off during a hot summer evening

This actually sounds good, op

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

low key sex master posted:

Wow look at this soda JERK

https://sodajerkco.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dear Watson posted:

I am doing this at my next available opportunity thank you