Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shoeberto posted:

I copy a lot of stuff in and out of s3 on the CLI, and there's no autocomplete on the remote files, so escaping/quoting gets to be tedious when I just want to copy-paste something. It works fine outside of that but I get cranky about that particular use case.

your holding it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
im really mad about firefox removing the "view image" item in the context menu and keeping "view image in new tab"

they were redundant and I understand removing one but "view image" would do a new tab if you ctrl-clicked it so it subsumed the other and now it is loving gone. rip

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Corla Plankun posted:

im really mad about firefox removing the "view image" item in the context menu and keeping "view image in new tab"

they were redundant and I understand removing one but "view image" would do a new tab if you ctrl-clicked it so it subsumed the other and now it is loving gone. rip

same

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

coworker in Brazil is experiencing flu-like symptoms :/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

at least they moved email image down a bit so i don't accidentally hit it twice a day trying to save images.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

presumably those missclicks are the only reason telemetrics suggest removing "view image" has higher priority than loving dinosaur-era "email image".

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i really like that whenever i accidentally click "email image" it tries to open the windows email app that i've never bothered setting up and immediately tries to make me start an account

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i really like that whenever i accidentally click "email image" it tries to open the windows email app that i've never bothered setting up and immediately tries to make me start an account

its weird that the major browsers dont ship with some kind of stub application that registers them as default mailto: handlers

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

its weird that the major browsers dont ship with some kind of stub application that registers them as default mailto: handlers

i guess they do but like some way to say "look, just pipe all the mailto stuff to this account at gmail"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

y'all know what i mean

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I used to use a chrome extension that did that

now I just don’t care enough and just c/p if I need to

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
When I add together my home and work machines, I have in my apartment a Windows PC, a Macbook, an iPad, 2 Surfaces (one of them reformatted to be an Ubuntu machine), and an Android phone. I collect computers like crazy cat ladies collect cats.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Truman Peyote posted:

coworker in Brazil is experiencing flu-like symptoms :/

it’s just the flu bro. ive been informed that covid is over

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
covid wfh thread: infection counts showing hi delta

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
bought myself a present

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

this works for most situations dealing with boredom

if only

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i mean, i’m glad you’re happy with a new spool of string but it seems like an odd treat to me.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

it’s legal in canada because they didn’t want to accidentally invalidate the drugs acts when someone sued about religion

President Beep posted:

i mean, i’m glad you’re happy with a new spool of string but it seems like an odd treat to me.

aw yea so good for trussin up chickens

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

bought myself a present

very nice

nothing like the sensation of an image beamed onto your retina

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

it’s legal in canada because they didn’t want to accidentally invalidate the drugs acts when someone sued about religion

many many years ago I was the tcc cactus expert lol

mescaline is a top notch experience but getting it into you sucks purestrain dogs rear end

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

very nice

nothing like the sensation of an image beamed onto your retina

lol

mostly got it to see what’s growing in my so’s fish tank

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

mediaphage posted:

bought myself a present

finally gonna see your dick huh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

finally gonna see your dick huh

nah an electron microscope was too expensive

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mediaphage posted:

lol

mostly got it to see what’s growing in my so’s fish tank

spoiler alert : it’s fish

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

mediaphage posted:

nah an electron microscope was too expensive

:supaburn:

seriously tho cool microscope

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i hear they're using those new scamming tunneling microscopes to build the hyperloop

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

:supaburn:

seriously tho cool microscope

i picked it up at auction for $50. it's a cheap chinese scope that normally runs about $350 usd. not super great quality but more than good enough for what i want to do! now to buy some slides and reagents....

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage can have a little scope, as a treat.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

:shobon:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

mediaphage posted:

i picked it up at auction for $50. it's a cheap chinese scope that normally runs about $350 usd.

$350 no scope

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TerminalRaptor posted:

$350 no scope

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

TerminalRaptor posted:

$350 no scope

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TerminalRaptor posted:

$350 no scope

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

mods ban this filth

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

e: wrong thread

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i want a stereo scope for SMD soldering, but $$$

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

TerminalRaptor posted:

$350 no scope

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

spankmeister posted:

ya i make do with a magnifying desk lamp

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

spankmeister posted:

just buy two microscopes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

just buy two microscopes

:dadjoke: