Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
If you aren't familiar with BMX freestyle it's like skateboarding but with a bicycle and more head injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Just watched it for a bit. Didn't look like they were taking too many risks as it's non-elimination today

One guy even sat in the finish area for most of his run :v:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Crap. The one thing I am sort-of good at. I missed it.

Watching it now. Seriously dope.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 31, 2021

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

They got a lot better at this since I last watched it in the 90s.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am happy people are wearing helemt.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When I got my bike crew togetgher , I discovered the twins were rich, and we just do poo poo around town/

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Aussie is looking good. Finished in first place :D

Hope he can carry that form in to tomorrow when it counts

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This looks like it would seriously gently caress you up if you bailed

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Rarity posted:

This looks like it would seriously gently caress you up if you bailed

Yes, it would. It blows my mind that these people are wearing bucket helmets and not, like, full face helmets like the bmx racers wear

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Thank you, NBC, for the beep, you dumb fucks

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Huh, I wonder that that was all about.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wow, I think it may be worth to put up with the blah announcing on the OBS feed than the CNBC. It sure was nice of them to tell me about the "highest score so far" of a run that happened behind the curtain of a commercial break.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

What a monster first run for Hannah Roberts. Pretty good odds she just locked gold and could just cruise around for her second run.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Harry Lime posted:

What a monster first run for Hannah Roberts. Pretty good odds she just locked gold and could just cruise around for her second run.

Yeah, that was amazing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Harry Lime posted:

Maybe not...

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Holy poo poo, Charlotte Worthington's second run was loving fantastic.

That front flip

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

:asoiaf: to that Worthington run, game on

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
that was amazing from Worthington

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Yeah she earned that score, Hannah is gonna have to pull something else out to better that

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Ah that sucks for the Swiss rider

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Time to find out what Roberts can add to her first run to top Worthington

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

welp, but Worthington definitely deserved it

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
The chef from Manchester definitely cooked up a hell of a performance there!

Landing a new trick to nab a Gold - can't fault that

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LMAO, so they won't let anyone not affiliated with the teams in the seats, but apparently have no problem with people spectating from the ped bridge shoulder to shoulder 5 people deep.

Actually, after that drone shot, where the gently caress is that absolutely packed pedestrian bridge they showed minutes before?

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Are the bmx free stylists required to run a rear brake? I'm not familiar with competitive bmx freestyle, I am just used to seeing that most street style guys go brakeless, which effects the kind of tricks they can do.

Edit: Take that back, I see folks running brakeless.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I think we just saw the gold medal run

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

God drat. That total dismount while flipping the bike forward was a killer trick.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

God drat. That total dismount while flipping the bike forward was a killer trick.

Yeah that was insane :aaa:

Great final!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Harry Lime posted:

:asoiaf: to that Worthington run

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

loving hell that Worthington run. The giant stones to go for a trick that had never been landed in competition on a second run :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

The giant stones to go for a trick that had never been landed in competition on a second run :stare:

After loving it up on the first try :stare:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

loving hell that Worthington run. The giant stones to go for a trick that had never been landed in competition on a second run :stare:

i only watched it on my phone and not even live but it looked rad as hell

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

Proteus Jones posted:

Fanatic posted:

Yeah that was insane :aaa:

Great final!

And according to his post interview, he hadn't even pulled out any of his big tricks, apparently. :aaaaa:

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
I'm annoyed that the Olympic app from NBC on my Roku doesn't have BMX listed as a sport to favorite or search for. Is it a "trial" sport or something?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

falz posted:

I'm annoyed that the Olympic app from NBC on my Roku doesn't have BMX listed as a sport to favorite or search for. Is it a "trial" sport or something?

It's under Cycling. At least on the site and the app on Android.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Which is weird because they are listed separately on the Olympics site and have different pictograms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Thanks, I did find it under cycling. Strangely Beach Volleyball and Volleyball (aka indoor) are separate.