Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's probably for the best Kofi Kingston pretended he was Jamaican instead of saying he was Ghanaian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Smackdown 3/03/05:

"If you don't<beat John Cena>, I'm going to send you back to the hood, so you can be with those people." - JBL to Orlando after JBL gave a speech about how people like Cena and his fans OD and then make JBL have to support their surviving family with handouts, but JBL only has room for so many maids, so they are going to have to fend for themselves.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

forkboy84 posted:

That was the Choctaw I think. Also a bunch of black churches in the US south & various Caribbean islands.

Yeah it was Choctaw. There's a cool statue in Ireland called Kindred Spirits commemorating it https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindred_Spirits_(sculpture)

Ireland and First Nations folks have been pretty cool with each other ever sense. Last year, Ireland's national lacrosse team gave up its spot in the 2022 World Games to the Iroquois Nationals. I bought a fundraising shirt from the native team that I thought was pretty cool.

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/09/07/ireland-lacrosse-withdraws-world-games-gives-iroquois-nationals-spot

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's a fun game to play, "Is This Wrestler Really From Where We're Told They're From?". In the case of Strongbow and Wahoo McDaniel it's an interesting 50/50 sort of thing because I'm pretty sure Wahoo was actually native. Then you get to black wrestlers in Britain in the '60s and '70s who were always supposed to be from the Caribbean but no, they're from loving Wandsworth or something lol. Some good old racist fun for the whole family!

And then sometimes you get guys like Ludvig Borga, who followed the tried and true stereotype of Finland, uh, hating America?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still cracks me up that they had Tanga Loa, literally the son of Haku, pretending he was Mexican

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

And then sometimes you get guys like Ludvig Borga, who followed the tried and true stereotype of Finland, uh, hating America?

Then turned out to be a extreme right winger iirc

And got KTFO by Scott Norton

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

CZW LIBERATED AND COMING FULL CIRCLE 3/12/05

"Fuckin' I don't need no fuckin' f****t announcer." - Frankie The Mobster

---

"Every time Marino comes and slaps fans slaps hands with the fans of color and look at him yelling at our good white fans in the second row of the show. This is ridiculous." - Eric G

"They ain't white fans Eric. To Robby Marino they crackers. There's a difference between a white fan and a cracka." - John House

---

"Alot of people would say that when two men embrace after a match you know it's the truest show of sportsmanship, I just think it's gay." - Chris Hero

<...>

You will never see me hug another man, unless it's Claudio Castagnoli." - Chris Hero

"I hear things, Hero." - Eric G

"He's my partner for life." - Chris Hero

"I hear things."-Eric G

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

collocation posted:

CZW LIBERATED AND COMING FULL CIRCLE 3/12/05

---

"Alot of people would say that when two men embrace after a match you know it's the truest show of sportsmanship, I just think it's gay." - Chris Hero

<...>

:lmao:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's just how every straight dude talked in 2005

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Then turned out to be a extreme right winger iirc

And got KTFO by Scott Norton

Yeah, he was an rear end in a top hat and got elected to the Finnish Parliament, as the figurehead for the rise of the far-right party. IIRC he's one of the guys that JR mentions when "guys you/the WWE regret hiring" comes up.
He's also dead, so :dance:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I also am not big on hugs after matches.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Suleman posted:

Yeah, he was an rear end in a top hat and got elected to the Finnish Parliament, as the figurehead for the rise of the far-right party. IIRC he's one of the guys that JR mentions when "guys you/the WWE regret hiring" comes up.
He's also dead, so :dance:
Yeah, when he died, JR wrote a bit about him on his blog and basically said "I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but that guy was a total loving piece of poo poo" in a slightly more polite manner.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

PWG The Ernest P Worrell Memorial 3/12/05:

"It seems to me that we have a mixed amount of races in here. Got your dirty Mexicans, <?>, Asians, I would insult you but you're just Asian, I don't know what you can do there so." - Chris Bosh

"Hold on hold on you do realize I'm half Asian, right." - Scott Lost

"You're Filipino. There's a difference. You're not Asian. I know this stuff. I have history. Black people. I usually don't look at Black people but I'm gonna let you slide today. Now I think I covered the race board. Besides race we have your fellow re****s. Now it's cool. You're re*****d I know. I want you to explain it to the crowd." - Chris Bosh

"We've learned to accept it. You need to also." - Scott Lost

"Seriously dude. You better back off brother before Boshamania runs wild on you." - Chris Bosh

"He's fuming at the mouth." - Scott Lost

"The only problem with you rear end in a top hat is that you're not worth kickin' rear end. You're not worth. It's not worth kicking your rear end." - Fan

"We also have our white people." - Chris Bosh

<...>

"Chris, you turned me into a w****ck." - Scott Lost after having water poured on him.

<...>

"Is your mother Mexican because only a Mexican is dumb enough to name her kid <Snake Duggan?>" - Chris Bosh

<...>

"Let's talk about the movies that your mother has starred in. In these movies, Chris Bosh' mother has sex with Mexicans, Asians, Black folk, white folk, white trash, redneck, and all in between" - Frankie Kazarian

---

"I have a question for you." - Chris Bosh

"What is it?" - Chester the fan from the previous encounter backstage after the show

"A lot of fans out here think you're re****ed. What do you think about that? I want you to explain to the fans at home why you're not re***ed." - Chris Bosh

"You know I am not re****ed I am actually very smart. " - Chester

<...>

"Everybody knows the truth that these two are sitting there at home y'know sodomizing each other fisting each other doing all that gay stuff." - Chester

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What's a "w****ck?"

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Slur for someone from mexico

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

What's a "w****ck?"

A Warwick, as in Warwick Davis, the actor with dwarfism. He is calling the person short.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
God drat the 2000s were so bad lol

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

edogawa rando posted:

What's a "w****ck?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetback_(slur)

Basically the implication is that someone's back is wet because they swam here.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was reading it as warlock and it was a joke about them melting in water. Very confusing slurs

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I like to take every opportunity I can to say that Ludvig Borga / Tony Halme was indeed a huge piece of poo poo and I’m glad he’s dead

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

A Warwick, as in Warwick Davis, the actor with dwarfism. He is calling the person short.

you're an olympian

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
washington warwicks

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Out of the feds that I'm watching/rewatching, 2005 ROH seems to be the one that least frequently has stuff appropriate for this thread. Their first ever match was a gay baiting squash, but after RF left, they seemed to mostly move away from anything like that. That said...

ROH Back to Basics 3/12/05:

"Suck a fat dick you c***s****r. You c***s****r!" - Julius Smokes to fan

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Much like 2021, I almost forgot to watch Impact.

TNA IMPACT 3/11/05:

"I'll eat you up for lunch like old fashioned cole slaw." - Konnan

"Cole slaw? You talkin' about a taco and burrito, right? Cole slaw?" The Outlaw Billy Gunn

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

collocation posted:

Out of the feds that I'm watching/rewatching, 2005 ROH seems to be the one that least frequently has stuff appropriate for this thread.

Just wait, later that year AJ Styles is back for a few matches and, well, you know which word will soon be heard a lot again. Probably not as often as during his first appearances, but still, it's AJ.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

collocation posted:

TNA IMPACT 3/11/05:

"I'll eat you up for lunch like old fashioned cole slaw." - Konnan

"Cole slaw? You talkin' about a taco and burrito, right? Cole slaw?" The Outlaw Billy Gunn

I'm sorry, this one is obviously offensive, but it's funny to me because he's not even trying.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

collocation posted:

Out of the feds that I'm watching/rewatching, 2005 ROH seems to be the one that least frequently has stuff appropriate for this thread.

once jade chung shows up that'll all change

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah the Billy Gunn quote is both racist and hysterically low-effort

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What if someone told Billy Gunn that you can put shredded cabbage into a burrito

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Smackdown 3/17/05:

"You're a rapper, right? You know I hate rap? I think it's a bunch of punk kids, a bunch of inner city illiterate kids singing about gangs and violence. That's something to really be proud of." - JBL

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Why was Konnan talking about coleslaw in the first place?

I often wake up in a cold sweat asking this exact question.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

This is among the dumbest exchanges that I've ever seen.

TNA IMPACT 3/25/05:

"Hey dumb and dumber, why don't you two lovers into this ring right here right now and talk your smack in my face now." - Sonny Siaki to Kash and Hoyt

"You want us to come in there so you can get your hands on me. You know what. That's exactly why I'm not coming in there you weirdo because I know you want your hands all over me. See I don't play like that. I'm not like that, OK. So, if you really want some of me and Big Lance, I'll come down there and punch your teeth out." - Kid Kash

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Aj/Joe was really good. A shock, I know. Some things weren't good.

PWG All Star Weekend Night 1 4/1/05:

Gibson/Noble with confederate flag trunks.

---

"We both came to an understanding that we shouldn't be racist anymore. Aw I'm just kidding. April Fools. <...> Human r*t**d crap. So I have a question for you t**d boy, do you wear diapers or pullups?" - Chris Bosh

"Reeeeeeeeeeee" - The fan from the previous show

"Jesus isn't with you. One more question. I heard that t**ds hit hard. What do you have to say about that? So uh do t**ds hit hard?" - Bosh

"You really wanna find out?" - Fan

"Yes. It'll be me and you tomorrow night. Chris Bosh vs t**d boy." - Bosh who then gets the fans to chant t**d boy

---

"Just because I <?> Mexicans, I don't want to look like one." - Bosh

---

"Disco, you've gone r*t****d." - Excalibur

---

"See that, huh, see that, AJ's right." - Kevin Steen

"Shut up, f****t." - AJ Styles

"Ha ha good one buddy ha ha, catch you later, AJ's my friend" - Steen

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

PWG All Star Weekend Night 2 4/2/05:

"Tornado's got his own sports drink apparently, he said a n***a comin up in the world, I'm just quoting what he said." - Excalibur

---

"You want to get ghetto? Lets go, black man." - Chris Bosh to a black fan

---

"Native American death lock. Are you not politically correct. You called it both a..." - Disco

"I'm colorblind Disco Machine. I see no red man. I see no white man. I just y'know, I've never been clear whether it's the hey how are you kind of Indian or the d*t h**d kind of Indian." - Excalibur

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

ROH Best Of American Super Juniors Tournament 4/2/05:

Jamie Noble/Gibson wore his stupid confederate flag trunks again. I'm guessing that he will be wearing these often, so I will stop notating it for the sake of avoiding redundancy.

CZW Trifecta 3:

CZW Trifecta 3 4/2/05:

"Trent Acid is probably in some corner dead. How about Kashmere? He's probably up some dude's rear end" - Nick Gage

---

"I think Sabian is going to have to get ghetto real quick up on Mike Quackenbush." - John House

---

"They've got to cash in their welfare checks." - Eric G referring to BLK OUT

"What you tryin' to say Eric? You tryin' to say everyone in Chocolate City on welfare?" - John House

"In that city they are." - Eric G

---

"But I didn't think you'd have to get some f****t to come out here and watch your back." - Ruckus to B Boy

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

WWE Smackdown 4/7/05

The show was in San Diego, so WWE acted accordingly.

---

"There are no green cards being handed out here. Get your rear end out of my ring." - JBL to Eddie Guerrero

---

"Try it in English." - JBL to Rey Mysterio before he even speaks

---

"Speak English son, you're in America." - Kurt Angle to a brown jobber who he said could be Eddie's cousin

---

"I want you to tell Eddie the Spanish translation for unbearable pain." - Angle

---

"Just like this amigo here <...>, you will tap out." - Angle

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Smackdown 4/14/05:

"That man is a disgrace to his position. Martin Luther King right now is spinning in his grave at what he's doing. He's a prejudiced man. He's not a disgrace ot the black race, he's a disgrace to the human race." - JBL about Teddy Long because he booked a match he didn't like with The Cabinet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

collocation posted:

Smackdown 4/14/05:

"That man is a disgrace to his position. Martin Luther King right now is spinning in his grave at what he's doing. He's a prejudiced man. He's not a disgrace ot the black race, he's a disgrace to the human race." - JBL about Teddy Long because he booked a match he didn't like with The Cabinet.

I remember a lot of JBL's racist rear end lines but that's the first I'd heard of that one. holy gently caress :stare:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

DJExile posted:

I remember a lot of JBL's racist rear end lines but that's the first I'd heard of that one. holy gently caress :stare:

It was incredibly vehement and random. JBL was on commentary, Booker T and Orlando Jordan went to a no contest because The Bashams ran in and beat up Booker T, Big Show ran (the fastest I've ever seen him run) down and saved him, and Teddy came out and made a handicap match between The Bashams/OJ and Show/Booker. So, it was over making a handicap match in favor of his guys.

collocation fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

collocation posted:

It was incredibly vehement and random. JBL was on commentary, Booker T and Orlando Jordan went to a no contest because The Bashams ran in and beat up Booker T, Big Show ran (the fastest I've ever seen him run) down and saved him, and Teddy came out and made a handicap match between The Bashams/OJ and Show/Booker. So, it was over making a handicap match in favor of his guys.

that's.... kind of incredible, honestly.