Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

When the commissioner's name is Bettman can you really be that surprised?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

It should be noted that BWM for Kane yes, but gotta take a moment to talk about how lovely the NHL is.

Allegations came out about sexual abuse of hockey players on the Chicago Blawkhawks in 2010 (in the past few months). The NHL has done nothing but no comment at this time, basically doing what they can to cover it up.

But this comes out on a player gambling on his own games, NHL immediately responds with “we take this very seriously and will investigate, the integrity of our game is extremely important.” Also, they don’t mention the concern of potential abuse of his wife or child at all.

Just incredibly pathetic all around. I’m a bit of a hypocrite because I’ll still watch hockey for the record. But it’s still infuriating to see them blatantly show what they care about and what they’ll just sweep under the rug.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Is there any sports league that isn't a hotbed of greed and corruption?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Armacham posted:

When you get down to things like local youth leagues, it becomes more of an either-or thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Armacham posted:

No.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Armacham posted:

That frisbee running game yet

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’d imagine ultimate and disc golf are relatively greed and corruption free because there’s barely any money in it.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’d imagine ultimate and disc golf are relatively greed and corruption free because there’s barely any money in it.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 1, 2021

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Duckman2008 posted:

It should be noted that BWM for Kane yes, but gotta take a moment to talk about how lovely the NHL is.

Allegations came out about sexual abuse of hockey players on the Chicago Blawkhawks in 2010 (in the past few months). The NHL has done nothing but no comment at this time, basically doing what they can to cover it up.

But this comes out on a player gambling on his own games, NHL immediately responds with “we take this very seriously and will investigate, the integrity of our game is extremely important.” Also, they don’t mention the concern of potential abuse of his wife or child at all.

Just incredibly pathetic all around. I’m a bit of a hypocrite because I’ll still watch hockey for the record. But it’s still infuriating to see them blatantly show what they care about and what they’ll just sweep under the rug.

Not just abuse of players but that they later gave the abuser coach a recommendation for his next job.

At a high school.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I really didn’t know there was this much money in discs. Feels BWM for somebody.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
A mil per year for the top guy in a sport is still hilariously small, in the grand scheme.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
There's something nice about a sport where someone can become the top guy, and still have a 10+ year career ahead of them.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The park district in my hometown has their big main park that was really fancy and elaborate on the early 20th century but slowly and steadily fell into disrepair over the decades. By the early 2000's it was pretty rundown and seldom used. They turned a big chunk of the paths through the woods and streams into a disc golf course. The place is now consistently packed on weekends and they've been able to dump a ton of money into renovating lots of other facilities there. Pretty gwm for the community. No idea disc golf was so popular.

brugroffil fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 2, 2021

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You can play while drinking/smoking.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Farewell Sundae!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Weatherman posted:

Farewell Sundae!

rip to a real one

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
It's not going to be the same without him :(

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
what happened

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

He resigned to spend more time with his family and asked for a ban to make it stick.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
drat

looks like he was zbah too drat

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I thought the goatman was dead

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I really didn’t know there was this much money in discs. Feels BWM for somebody.

Unlike Ultimate, there is a lot of product to move in Disc Golf, way more business potential. In Ultimate, 14 people play at a time with 1 disc. In Disc Golf, each player plays with 14 discs…

New disc models come out all the time with slightly different flight characteristics. Discs get worn out over time, and often lost to ponds or woods, and need to be replaced. More than that people love shiny new designs and collect special edition discs that are dropped like a new pair of air force one sneakers that scalpers pick up to resell on ebay.

Then there’s bags, carts, rangefinders, branded merch, practice baskets, etc.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Elysium posted:

Unlike Ultimate, there is a lot of product to move in Disc Golf, way more business potential. In Ultimate, 14 people play at a time with 1 disc. In Disc Golf, each player plays with 14 discs…

New disc models come out all the time with slightly different flight characteristics. Discs get worn out over time, and often lost to ponds or woods, and need to be replaced. More than that people love shiny new designs and collect special edition discs that are dropped like a new pair of air force one sneakers that scalpers pick up to resell on ebay.

Shoot sounds like there’s a market to revive Hacky Sack into Sack Shotz, the new mini golf sensation that’s sweeping the nation. Buy, sell, and trade different fabrics and fillings starting at just $9.95!

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Midjack posted:

He resigned to spend more time with his family and asked for a ban to make it stick.

Not that I post in this particular thread, though I lurk, but I think it says something about the forums when my first response is "I don't know how that person is, but I'm super glad a poster isn't legit dead", because that was my first worry.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Elysium posted:

I'm a super casual disc golfer, but after 15 years I've accumulated a bag and about a dozen discs. It's still one of the cheapest sports out there.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you'd think disc golf would be cheap but that chain goal thing look slike it could get expensive real quick

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Most of the time that's the park's expense, and they buy heavy duty ones for years of use. It's pretty hard to damage them, though I'm sure someone has.

You can probably buy a modular one for your backyard and that would be good enough if you were serious about getting in some practice. My little neighborhood park has 3 or 4 of the good ones in various locations, so if our HOA can afford it it's probably not that much overall.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Found this trolling for r/relationship thread content:

AITA for leaving in the middle of an appointment?

quote:

I went to a chiropractor after having been in a car accident a little over a year ago. He had my MRI results so he was aware of my issues. He started the visit by having both of us put litmus paper in our mouths. He said because my paper didn’t turn blue I was mineral deficient. He offered to sell me two containers of vitamins for $35 and said he’d take $5 off to “help me out”. Next he had me put a weighted harness on my head and lay on a raised head rest. After this I was put on a TENS machine. I was in the same room as multiple other patients with no dividers or privacy sheets and the lack of privacy seemed odd. I took the TENS machine pads off and I said “I’m not really into this. Thanks, enjoy the day” and I left. A family member is friends with the Dr. and they said I was rude for not finishing the appointment. AITA?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Alan Smithee posted:

you'd think disc golf would be cheap but that chain goal thing look slike it could get expensive real quick

About 80$ for a home practice basket, and 300$-400$ for permanent baskets for the course, at least last time I bought one. Disc golf was originally played with objects or tone poles, and people still set up renegade object courses at local parks (e.g. tee from bench by fountain, target is lamp post by entrance sign) which are basically free, but not as satisfying personally.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Soylent Pudding posted:

Found this trolling for r/relationship thread content:

AITA for leaving in the middle of an appointment?

Chiropractors are very BWM because in addition to not actually being doctors they can gently caress you up worse than how you started.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

rude: leaving an appointment when you realize you're being scammed.

not rude: being a scammer

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I don’t know much about Tori Spelling, other than the fact that she was once on 90210, her dad was super-rich TV producer Aaron Spelling, and she is terrible with money. Tabloid sites must love her, though, because they've been keeping up with her exploits in financial chaos for years now.

March 2008
Tori Spelling had hundreds of thousands in credit card debt

quote:

“I had a hit TV series, so I didn’t really need [my parents] for anything,” she said. All that changed when “90210″ went off the air. Spelling says that at one point she owed hundreds of thousands of dollars on her credit card and that she came close to bankruptcy, all because of her “bad shopping habits.”

“Bad shopping habits die hard,” she explained. “In all honesty, I grew up a certain way. I never had to worry about money … that was my reality.”

She says she was too proud to go to her father for help. “That means, in my mind, [that] I was what everyone thought I was, taking money from my dad, the rich little girl that he paid for everything. And I just refused to be that. [I would] rather be bankrupt.”
https://www.celebitchy.com/9948/tori_spelling_had_hundreds_of_thousands_in_credit_card_debt/

October 2013
Star: Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott are flat broke & on the rocks again

quote:

“Tori didn’t get her fair share of her father’s wealth,” the insider says. “She struggled a lot financially but did manage to make ends meet from doing reality shows with Dean.” But as their family size increased [they have four children], so did their expenses, and Tori was forced to come up with creative ways to bring in more money: She wrote six books, launched a jewelry line with HSN, opened a furniture store and, most recently, started a children’s clothing line. “The money from Tori’s random business vantures helped to keep them afloat,” the source says. “But it wasn’t enough to maintain their lifestyle.”

Dean, meanwhile, has happily remained a stay-at-home dad throughout most of their marriage. But in recent years, the couple’s financial situation has become so dire, Dean is trying to contribute more. “He’s now trying to build a new career as a chef to provide for their family,” the friend say. “But he hasn’t come far enough to achieve any stability.”

As for Tori, “She is desperate and at a loss as to what to do,” the pal adds. “It’s not like she can just get a normal job, because she’s a celebrity.”
https://www.celebitchy.com/326776/star_tori_spelling_dean_mcdermott_are_flat_broke_on_the_rocks_again/

October 2013
Tori Spelling admits she & Dean McDermott are so broke he can’t get a vasectomy?

https://www.celebitchy.com/330606/tori_spelling_admits_she_dean_mcdermott_are_so_broke_he_cant_get_a_vasectomy/

December 2013
Tori Spelling is so broke she blew $10,000 on a Thanksgiving family getaway

quote:

And Radar has learned the group booked three rooms at more than $500 each for the four-day holiday weekend–and had no problem handling other hotel expenses, such as a $35 per day parking fee and Thanksgiving buffet costing $115 per adult and $35 per child. Tori spent even more for the other meals and activities!
It all adds up to close to $10,000.
https://www.celebitchy.com/337007/tori_spelling_is_so_broke_she_blew_10000_on_a_thanksgiving_family_getaway/

January 2014
Tori Spelling would love to divorce Dean McDermott, but she can’t afford it?

quote:

McDermott recently entered a rehab facility in Los Angeles, after the pair’s seven-year marriage was rocked by allegations that McDermott cheated with a woman named Emily Goodhand, who claimed she had sex with the actor during a two-day romp at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto.

Goodhand claims McDermott told her he was in a “sexless marriage” with 40-year-old Spelling, the mother-of-four to Liam, 6, Stella, 5, Hattie, 2 and Finn, 16 months.

Friends of Spelling tell Radar, “She would definitely kick Dean to the curb if she could financially afford to do so… Tori has admitted she would file for divorce from Dean, but she is afraid she would go broke.
https://www.celebitchy.com/347453/tori_spelling_would_love_to_divorce_dean_mcdermott_but_she_cant_afford_it/

February 2014
Dean McDermott told Tori Spelling she needs rehab for her spending habits

quote:

Dean McDermott was spotted for the first time on Monday outside of his family’s Los Angeles home, exactly 30 days after he checked into rehab for the “mistakes” he made, the “pain” he’d caused his loved ones and so that he could “become the husband and father my family deserves.”

Revealed a source: “Dean has told Tori she needs to get treatment for her spending, which is putting added pressure on the family. Tori’s spending is out of control… She will go through periods when it’s not an issue, but then she slips and buys stuff the family simply doesn’t need.

“There are nights that Dean doesn’t sleep because he is so concerned about how they are going to pay the bills. Tori is willing to get help, but complains she doesn’t have time because of their four kids.”
https://www.celebitchy.com/352023/dean_mcdermott_told_tori_spelling_she_needs_rehab_too/

October 2014
Tori Spelling & Dean blew $18 million, she has 127 storage vaults of junk

quote:

Tori’s continuing with this theme. The latest episode revealed that Tori has plowed through $18 million since marrying Dean. A lot of this amount includes Tori’s ridiculous real estate adventures. She also has a warehouse full of what she calls “treasures.” A literal warehouse full of Tori’s junk.

Tori’s storage warehouse is stupendous, and The Mail has photos of this place. Tori has organized 127 storage vaults with a 440-page document to keep track of where everything is located. … Tori says it costs a mortgage payment to store all this garbage. She also has a large room in the family home filled to the brim with junk. A friend tries to tell Tori she could pay for a home by selling off her trinkets, but Tori says no.
https://www.celebitchy.com/394853/tori_spelling_dean_blew_18_million_she_has_127_storage_vaults_of_junk/

October 2014
Tori Spelling refuses to change her lifestyle: ‘My dad wouldn’t have wanted it’

quote:

Tori: [crying] “I’m sorry. I just feel responsible for so many people, and I can’t do it. The responsibility of having to take care of so many people financially. And the fear of that? It doesn’t matter. People, they look at me, and they’re like [sarcastically], ‘Oh, poor you.’”
Dean: “No they don’t.”
Tori: “Like, boo hoo. You have so many problems.”
Dean: “No they don’t, baby.”
Tori: “We live paycheck to paycheck. After this, I have no f—ing idea if work’s going to come in. And look at the life we’re leading. We pay for five f—ing private schools.
Dean: “Baby, we can change our lifestyle. We can. We can get rid of all that stuff.”
Tori: [weeping bitterly] “But why should we have to??? My dad wouldn’t have wanted this. I’m just so mad. He worked so f—ing hard. These kids. I don’t want to have to struggle. I don’t want to change our lifestyle. That’s why I work so hard. I don’t want to change. ”
https://www.celebitchy.com/394404/tori_spelling_refuses_to_change_her_lifestyle_my_dad_wouldnt_have_wanted_it/

May 2015
Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott blow through $594k per year with no income

quote:

They’re cash poor, out of work — and they burned through all their savings years ago. Yet Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott continue to spend money as though they’re sitting on a pile of it. “They’re living off credit cards,” says an insider. “Tori pays the minimum on the cards, so the bills keep doubling and tripling.”

And they’re headed even further into the red. Dean lost his job hosting Chopped Canada, and Tori recently found out that her reality show, True Tori, hasn’t been renewed for a third season — a huge disappointment that, on the heels of her failed series Mystery Girls, casts doubt on her future TV prospects. With residuals from Beverly Hills, 90210 decreasing steadily, insiders say that Tori is now cozying up to her mom, Candy, who — along with a lifestyle change — may be her only hope.

* Groceries: $48,000
* Medical expenses: $45,000
* Private school for 3 kids: $37,000
* Rent (not mortgage): $126,000
* Dog walker: $26,000
* Nannies for 3 kids: $126,000
* Clothing: $36,000
Total: $594,000 per year
https://www.celebitchy.com/425205/tori_spelling_dean_mcdermott_blow_through_594k_per_year_with_no_income/

January 2016
Tori Spelling sued by Amex for $38k, her last payment in June bounced

quote:

Tori Spelling’s deep in the hole with American Express, so much so … it’s filed a lawsuit to get back the dough.

AMEX says Tori’s statement balance was $37,981.97 … since last summer, and she’s failed to make a single payment since then.

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, she attempted to make a payment on June 26 last year … in the amount of $1,070, but it bounced.
https://www.celebitchy.com/466567/tori_spelling_sued_by_amex_for_38k_her_last_payment_in_june_bounced/

January 2016
Candy Spelling on daughter Tori’s debt: ‘I’m paying all her bills now’

quote:

Would you be willing to help [Tori] out?

I’ve been helping her out, I’m paying all her bills now. I’m not paying extras like that. I’m not paying any back payments, just for the house and the kids school and the food.

Why did she miss a payment?

I don’t know. Extravagance I guess.
https://www.celebitchy.com/466798/candy_spelling_on_daughter_toris_debt_im_paying_all_her_bills_now/

February 2016
Tori Spelling downgrades to a $7.5k a month rental home with pool, gym

quote:

Tori Spelling… and her family have moved from their home in Calabasas, California to a rental in Encino, PEOPLE has confirmed.

She, husband Dean McDermott and their four children have moved to a $7,500 per month rental, with the 3,900 square-ft. home boasting five bedrooms and four baths, as well as a pool, spa, a gym and a media room.

A source close to Spelling tells PEOPLE they moved to be closer to the kids’ schools.
https://www.celebitchy.com/469728/tori_spelling_downgrades_to_a_75k_a_month_rental_home_with_pool_gym/

July 2016
Tori Spelling owes over a quarter million in back taxes: predictable?

quote:

Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott have been hounded by bill collectors, and the big dog on the block is now the State of California.
Tori and Dean were hit with a tax lien for $259,108.23 for unpaid state taxes from 2014.
https://www.celebitchy.com/494396/tori_spelling_owes_over_a_quarter_million_in_back_taxes_predictable_/

April 2017
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott’s bank accounts drained by IRS

quote:

Page Six has learned that the IRS has emptied bank accounts belonging to late TV mogul Aaron Spelling’s daughter Tori Spelling and her husband, Dean McDermott.
In July 2016, it was reported that the couple — who had their fifth child in March — were slammed with a federal tax lien for $707,487.30 in unpaid federal taxes for their 2014 bill alone.
https://www.celebitchy.com/531744/tori_spelling_and_dean_mcdermotts_bank_accounts_drained_by_irs/

June 2017
Tori Spelling ordered to pay $220k in default ruling after not showing up to court

quote:

E! News has obtained the court documents in which a judge ruled they will now have to pay off a $220,000 default judgment.

The ruling came after the couple missed a subpoenaed court appearance last week regarding the couple’s on-going legal battle with City National Bank, who is suing them after they allegedly failed to pay off a $400,000 loan from 2010.

According to the docs, Tori and Dean failed to pay $185,714 plus an additional $2,407 in interest and $681 in late charges for a total of $188,803 from the 2010 loan. Additionally, the bank is asking Tori for $17,149, which she allegedly overdrew in September and has yet to repay.
https://www.celebitchy.com/537608/tori_spelling_ordered_to_pay_220k_in_default_ruling_after_not_showing_up_to_court/

July 2017
Tori Spelling, deep in debt, threw a huge party for her daughter with ponies

quote:

In photos obtained by E! News, guests, including 90210 costar Jennie Garth, Tori’s mother Candy Spelling and her brother Randy Spelling, were also treated to face painting, pony rides, piñatas and an elaborately decorated birthday cake.

Tori and Stella, whose birthday is June 9, have been celebrating her birth month with all things unicorn. Stella received a one-of-a-kind unicorn milkshake creation and a large unicorn-themed donut cake.
https://www.celebitchy.com/541352/tori_spelling_deep_in_debt_threw_a_huge_party_for_her_daughter_with_ponies/

January 2019
Tori Spelling ordered to pay 88k to American Express for unpaid debts

quote:

The credit card company filed a writ of execution, a court order forcing a judgement, earlier this month to collect $88,246.55 from the 45-year-old actress, according to the docs.
https://www.celebitchy.com/608064/tori_spelling_ordered_to_pay_88k_to_american_express_for_unpaid_debts/

February 2019
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott consider downsizing to 8.5k/month house

https://www.celebitchy.com/610615/tori_spelling_and_dean_mcdermott_consider_downsizing_to_85kmonth_house/

February 2019
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott served for failing to pay back $200k loan

quote:

According to legal documents obtained by Us Weekly, the couple were served earlier this month in regard to their case against City National Bank. The company wants to examine the pair’s finances after they allegedly declined to pay back more than $205,000 in debt.
https://www.celebitchy.com/611863/tori_spelling_and_dean_mcdermott_served_for_failing_to_pay_back_200k_loan/

July 2020
Tori Spelling had money seized from her bank account, again, for nonpayment of debts

quote:

Tori Spelling had money seized from her bank account after she refused to pay back debts she owed to American Express.

A writ of execution was ordered by the court in March 2020 and executed by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department in April 2020, according to documents obtained by Us Weekly. Prior to the ruling, the 47-year-old actress’ debt to the credit card company ballooned up to $88,731.25.

While it’s unclear if the money has been collected yet, American Express originally filed a lawsuit against Spelling in October 2016. A default judgment against her was made in March 2017, ordering her to pay back the amount she owed.
https://www.celebitchy.com/672317/tori_spelling_had_money_seized_from_her_bank_account_again_for_nonpayment_of_debts/

July 2021
Dean McDermott wants to file for divorce from Tori Spelling but can’t afford it

quote:

DEAN McDermott “wants to file for divorce” from Tori Spelling but “can’t afford the expensive split” right now, a source exclusively told The Sun.
Dean, 54, and Tori, 48, have not been seen together in months, sparking rumors the pair have split- but a source told The Sun that while “Dean wants to file- he just can’t afford it.”

“Tori and Dean are totally stuck together right now. Neither of them can afford to go through divorce proceedings.”

Their financial burden is significant.

The source noted: “They have five kids and a ton of pets,” and added on top of the expenses “Their home is always a disaster- it’s just a total mess.”
https://www.celebitchy.com/725965/dean_mcdermott_wants_to_file_for_divorce_from_tori_spelling_but_cant_afford_it/

It's hard to tell what my favorite part of this saga. I'm torn between the revelation that she's too broke to get her husband a vasectomy, the fact that they spend $126k on nannies even though dad stays at home and mom works only intermittently, or the boldness of the IRS in just draining their bank account.

I also love that in 2016, they "downsized" to a 7.5k a month house, then considered "downsizing" to a 8.5k a month house in 2019.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

William Bear posted:

January 2014
Tori Spelling would love to divorce Dean McDermott, but she can’t afford it?

July 2021
Dean McDermott wants to file for divorce from Tori Spelling but can’t afford it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

speaking of lovely TV stars
https://twitter.com/rpyers/status/1422198732141961222

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

She's going to be governor, definitely not bwm.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

Should I take on another car loan?

Hi, I am a 26-year-old professional. My annual salary is 115 K plus bonuses of 15k (if and when my company meets our quota). I have a current car loan about 20 K left over. I've been paying it off vigorously. I I am required by my job to move to an area that's very cold climate and snowy. My current car is a rear wheel drive convertible sports car. It's not equipped for cold weather I am considering taking on a second car loan of about 19K to purchase a Jeep. I don't want to trade in my car because it's going up in value and I'm really attached to it. I am currently 45K in debt with student loans and have a rent amount of 1750 per month. Looking for a little advice.

Lots of people apparently think that living in Downtown Denver is a deathtrap unless you are driving a 4WD all-terrain vehicle with chained tires.

I'm also wondering what 2018-2019 model year convertible is a collectors items that is rapidly going up in value from the purchase price.

quote:

Financing recommendations for engagement ring with House purchase in near future

Seeking advice on if financing options make sense for me given I am looking for a house in near future. I have solid credit, $50k in cash and looking to buy an $8k ring (~$10k wedding 12 months from now). My question is, will financing hurt my credit in the short term when getting approved for mortgage loans? Trying to decide tradeoff between what I can put down as down payment versus potential credit hit due to ring financing.

quote:

quote:

Don't buy a ring on credit, go for something less expensive. A lot of people don't buy diamonds these days.

Personally wearing a 8K piece of jewelry would make me nervous.

especially when it has been paid with credit

imagine paying couple hundred bucks a month for a lost item in a ditch somewhere

quote:

I would try layaway for the ring. No credit check or interest.

quote:

Yeah, op straight up can’t afford an 8k ring (let alone a 10k wedding!) with only 50k in the bank if they want to buy a house. Here’s a tip, if you need to ask for help on how to swing a big purchase, you probably can’t afford it. I can’t believe how the wedding industrial complex has brainwashed people into spending this kind of cash.

quote:

quote:

What? They absolutely can afford it depending on the home cost. They could be putting 10% down on a 200k home.

I’m talking about a ring and wedding that blows through 36% of their potential down payment.

quote:

The wedding is a non factor. It's a year from now.

quote:

quote:

Imagine thinking a 10k wedding in only 1 year was a non-factor.

A 20k wedding in a year can also be a non factor. Source: me

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'm also wondering what 2018-2019 model year convertible is a collectors items that is rapidly going up in value from the purchase price.

Nothing that someone making $115k/yr can afford, and also not if they're actually driving it. As per the usual when we hear bullshit like this.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's a (hopefully) short-lived trend but right now literally all cars are collector's items rapidly going up in value from the purchase price. Driving by a dealership is an eerie sight right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a (hopefully) short-lived trend but right now literally all cars are collector's items rapidly going up in value from the purchase price. Driving by a dealership is an eerie sight right now.

All the ones near me are repaving their lots right now!