Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some reason everybody who has introduced a new chicken sandwich to compete in the chicken wars puts it in a foil bag. I don't know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Because that's what Chick-fil-A and Popeyes do. Literally, that's why.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

What I want to know is why McDonald's doesn't foil-bag the deluxe chicken sandwich. Is it because that's the chicken sandwich they were already serving, and they didn't want to bother changing up the packaging for them?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's definitely not the one they were serving before, I thought that was better.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
somehow the app has given me an infinte coupon for BOGO double cheeseburg n 6 nuggies. this is now the only thing i order. $5.06 gets me a double cheeseburg, nuggies, and a small fry. i just drink water. spicy buffalo sauce is extremely epic. not quite 4 for $4 value but getting there for sure. also the mcd nuggies are so vastly superior to wendys its not even close. it is possible that due to the superior quality this is actually better value. i will ruminate on this.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
usually i have water in my big insulated cup or big grey bottle but ordering water at the drive through can be a challenge. u say water they say bottle? and put $2.00 on your bill. no, cup please. i say just a glass of water please! tap water! thank you!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mcd doesnt let u order value fries on the app. do value frys exist anymore? i liked the value fry. if i could get a value fry for $1 i would be very pleased.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Smythe posted:

usually i have water in my big insulated cup or big grey bottle but ordering water at the drive through can be a challenge. u say water they say bottle? and put $2.00 on your bill. no, cup please. i say just a glass of water please! tap water! thank you!!

They actually have the garden hose from outside hooked up for those specific requests

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Oh Don Piano posted:

They actually have the garden hose from outside hooked up for those specific requests

Mcdonalds hose water just hits different

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
the mikey deez app making you recite a four digit code at the drive thru instead of just telling them your name is an attack on stoned cashiers with bad earpieces the world over

source: me trying to get a stoned off his rear end cashier to recognize two letters and two numbers in a sequence for over two minutes straight

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Nikumatic posted:

the mikey deez app making you recite a four digit code at the drive thru instead of just telling them your name is an attack on stoned cashiers with bad earpieces the world over

source: me trying to get a stoned off his rear end cashier to recognize two letters and two numbers in a sequence for over two minutes straight

It's strange, for the longest time I was able to just say "I have a mobile order for Cross-Section" but more recently they ask me to say the code regardless

But when I go and only say the code they follow up with "... for Cross-Section?"

yes, McDs person, for Cross-Section

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Does anyone else get an offer for free large fries with any purchase, every day? I think they're trying to kill me. It's been like this for months.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Does anyone else get an offer for free large fries with any purchase, every day? I think they're trying to kill me. It's been like this for months.

We're in a fry economy boom

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kevin DuBrow posted:

yes but the problem is you can only use 1 deal at a time... so.... usually opt for another deal for MORE VALUE. but actually frys are expensive so many its a better value than im giving it credit for?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Smythe posted:

yes but the problem is you can only use 1 deal at a time... so.... usually opt for another deal for MORE VALUE. but actually frys are expensive so many its a better value than im giving it credit for?

I was trying figure out a way to defeat this weakness; I know you can use two phones to make 2 separate mobile orders simultaneously from the same car, so maybe put the app on an old phone or something and make two orders at once?

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

AvesPKS posted:

I was trying figure out a way to defeat this weakness; I know you can use two phones to make 2 separate mobile orders simultaneously from the same car, so maybe put the app on an old phone or something and make two orders at once?

lol but also lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AvesPKS posted:

installing this in my car to min/max value at the Golden Arches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4sGCVZqWo

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
you can just screenshot the order number and make another order.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
went to mcdonald today and thought about using the multi order but got too scared about cheating the system so i didnt. got the usual, mcdouble + 6x nuggy deal, small fry, and stepped it up to a Medium coke today, due to hangover. im still really hung over so think i might to go in n out for din din... two FF burgs in 1 day? gluttony... but... i want it.

Update: i did in fact not go to in n out, but instead treated myself to a delivery order of umami burger which is prety drat good. the frys were of poor quality however, i think as a result of the delivery time. the place is ony like 10 mins by car so idk. whatever.

Smythe fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 25, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hung over again today, bad sign, drinkin too much. got super loaded at shabbat lmfao. went over the GOLDEN ARCHES and got this:

it was good to get an old classic, the big mac. gotta tell you it's combo number 1 for a reason, it's loving epic. today i also took notice of the drive thru menu, which has been redesigned and is really bad. it is set up like 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c, etc, for variations on the core item. overall i think it's inelegant, like a programmer made it instead of a FF enjoyer. it's devoid of joy, mirth, and enticement. kinda boggling really... i don't think it will last long. perhaps this is just for my franchise?

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Mcds drive thru menu is p bad tbh. To me its kinda scattershot mumbo jumbo with sizes and prices alternating instead of just being plainly listed. Obviously they're gonna have the pricier stuff more prominent with sexy motion video of wet cups and juicy patties gyrating before your eyes, but i think they should go back to the old style of menu where its just the names and prices, but just jpgs of the combos for ease of use. The way it is now is just confusing and i imagine a lot of older customers are slowing down lines because they have to focus in their bifocals and then still ask for help just to order a small black coffee and an apple pie

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Oh Don Piano posted:

Mcds drive thru menu is p bad tbh. To me its kinda scattershot mumbo jumbo with sizes and prices alternating instead of just being plainly listed. Obviously they're gonna have the pricier stuff more prominent with sexy motion video of wet cups and juicy patties gyrating before your eyes, but i think they should go back to the old style of menu where its just the names and prices, but just jpgs of the combos for ease of use. The way it is now is just confusing and i imagine a lot of older customers are slowing down lines because they have to focus in their bifocals and then still ask for help just to order a small black coffee and an apple pie

Wet rear end Patties

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smythe posted:

hung over again today, bad sign, drinkin too much. got super loaded at shabbat lmfao. went over the GOLDEN ARCHES and got this:

it was good to get an old classic, the big mac. gotta tell you it's combo number 1 for a reason, it's loving epic. today i also took notice of the drive thru menu, which has been redesigned and is really bad. it is set up like 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c, etc, for variations on the core item. overall i think it's inelegant, like a programmer made it instead of a FF enjoyer. it's devoid of joy, mirth, and enticement. kinda boggling really... i don't think it will last long. perhaps this is just for my franchise?

That's what I get every time. #1 with a diet coke please.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im also hungover but it's still breakfast time so Sausage McGriddle plus hash brown will have to cure my ails

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sausage McGriddle is amazing. A true breakfast burg.

Honestly wish the pancake buns were an option on more sandwiches. You can't tell me a fried chicken sandwich with those buns in a waffle iron wouldn't rule.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

big fan of hot n spicy chicken McGriddle add cheese add round egg

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Anyone try to do a Mcgbangbang with the new chicken sandwich (and double quarter pounder) yet? I can already feel the palpitations from it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Placed mobile order. Dining room closed. In the car line on my bicycle. Let’s see what happens.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Smythe posted:

Placed mobile order. Dining room closed. In the car line on my bicycle. Let’s see what happens.

what happened

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nostradingus posted:

what happened

Hes in McDonalds jail

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lady at the speaker told me to pull around to the front and she gave it to me. 10/10 overall

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
has a fast food sandwich ever been carried by its sauce harder than the mcdondalds spicy chicken sandwich? the chicken sandwich itself is so mediocre but that spicy hot sauce completely elevates it to a new level

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

This is usually fine. A lot of the 24/7 places here are only drive-through after a certain time and people often walk through even in large groups.

If you stand two people next to each other and two people behind you can pretend to be a car with a driver, a front and two rear passengers.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

barnold posted:

has a fast food sandwich ever been carried by its sauce harder than the mcdondalds spicy chicken sandwich? the chicken sandwich itself is so mediocre but that spicy hot sauce completely elevates it to a new level

Not a "sandwich", but you cant deny the Big Mac is all about the sauce. There's nothing else going on there of importance.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Hit up the clown shack last night. Got a QPC + 10x Nuggy deal, plus 1x Standard Burger & Medium Fry. Overall it was excellent, but I was reminded of how the QPC is vastly inferior to the DQPC. You wouldn't think the addition of another "patty" would bolster this sandwich so much but it does, changes the whole character of the thing and turns it from something mundane into a gluttonous feast. The standout of the evening was of course the 10x Nuggy w/ Spicy Buffalo Sauce, which is my favorite FF sauce by far and I lust for it regularly. for drink I stopped by 7-11 on my way back and got one of those short fat fosters for $2.69, which are Good Value in my book. I'd rate this excursion "Decent" on the FF scale of heart disease vs flavor.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i just made a mcgangbang for the first time in 10 years. why is it called that, it's just two sandwiches. good poo poo though

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Smythe posted:

Hit up the clown shack last night. Got a QPC + 10x Nuggy deal, plus 1x Standard Burger & Medium Fry. Overall it was excellent, but I was reminded of how the QPC is vastly inferior to the DQPC. You wouldn't think the addition of another "patty" would bolster this sandwich so much but it does, changes the whole character of the thing and turns it from something mundane into a gluttonous feast. The standout of the evening was of course the 10x Nuggy w/ Spicy Buffalo Sauce, which is my favorite FF sauce by far and I lust for it regularly. for drink I stopped by 7-11 on my way back and got one of those short fat fosters for $2.69, which are Good Value in my book. I'd rate this excursion "Decent" on the FF scale of heart disease vs flavor.

You don’t eat like this regularly… right?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

n8r posted:

You don’t eat like this regularly… right?

:getout:

:getout:

Get the gently caress right on out of here. Do you know where you are currently posting, moron?

Mods, please annihilate this filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

thinkin bout that dqpc+mayo. we hit the arches last night because it was late and we were lazy but all i was feelin was a handful of nuggies, so now i'm mooning over what could've been