Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

hbag posted:

ok but where can i hang on the budget of an unemployed uni student

keep your eyes peeled and you’ll probably find one locally for a couple hundred bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
not in north england lol

that shits in figgieland prime and maybe secondus

mystes
May 31, 2006

hbag posted:

ok but where can i hang on the budget of an unemployed uni student
Apparently right here

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

hbag posted:

can’t seem to face up to the facts
I’m tense and nervous and I can’t relax
can’t sleep ‘cause my bed’s on fire
don’t touch me I’m a real live wire

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

not in north england lol

that shits in figgieland prime and maybe secondus

they show up in surprising places sometimes, especially in Europe and England and the like

keep an eye on your local Craigslist equivalent

if nothing else you’ll probably come across more Atari ST stuff

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lmao

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think you should figure out your sleep schedule before messing around with caffeine.

but caffeine makes me tired as gently caress immediately

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Shaggar posted:

hbag have u tried melatonin? take some at like 9 or 10 pm and then go to bed. i use it to get my sleep cycle back in line when i gently caress it up real bad.

can't buy melatonin over the counter in england, it's prescription

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i find diaphragmatic breathing does wonders for sleep.

also, keep the phone the gently caress away from your bed and use a good old cheapo alarm clock instead.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Workaday Wizard posted:

i find diaphragmatic breathing does wonders for sleep.

also, keep the phone the gently caress away from your bed and use a good old cheapo alarm clock instead.

projector clocks are cool

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i like clocks that have little panels with numbers on them and flip over every minute

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

i like clocks that have little panels with numbers on them and flip over every minute

the ferry building at the end of market in sf has those dealies, i am almost entirely sure just for the a e s t h e t i c

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

these suggestions are pointless. hbag seems to stare at screens for 20 hours a day, if they want a good night's sleep they're already doing everything right

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Truman Peyote posted:

these suggestions are pointless. hbag seems to stare at screens for 20 hours a day, if they want a good night's sleep they're already doing everything right

at this point im posting for the lurkers that might actually listen

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

at this point im posting for the lurkers that might actually listen

hey it might also work like those subliminal ads where if you see the same message 15x your brain chemistry slightly changes and uhh you will maybe sometimes go sleep earlier

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Truman Peyote posted:

hbag should get some of those gamer glasses that are supposed to reduce eye strain from looking at a screen all day

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag will just ignore any advice you give them on any particular topic. they're rediscovering everyone's mistakes from 10-20 years ago, complete with terminal goon-in-a-well syndrome

but what jonny said re: posting for lurkers that might actually listen is spot on

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i slept
good morning
it is 9 pm

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

you know what time it is

toast o’clock

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i cleaned my display. it looks nice now, crisp

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hbag posted:

it all tastes like bitter suffering

mlyp

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
got my grocery shopping for the week done, bought some new meal prep containers

tonight we cook a huge pile of chicken and rice and some other stuff so i can have lunches without having to Effort

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

got my grocery shopping for the week done, bought some new meal prep containers

tonight we cook a huge pile of chicken and rice and some other stuff so i can have lunches without having to Effort

speaking of meal prep containers, was curious what other people use. plastic or glass? single or multiple layer/compartment?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
man if you thought buttered TOAST was loud

https://twitter.com/Mamaoutoforder/status/1400606157543251976?s=20

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
apparently the ceo finally finished the haggling w the vcs and makes my nominal total comp (bullshit, but it a series b so like 70% bullshit not 99% bullshit) $420072

3 dollars away from greatness drat

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

cinci zoo sniper posted:

speaking of meal prep containers, was curious what other people use. plastic or glass? single or multiple layer/compartment?

i have some clear glass ones with a microwavable plastic lid that pops up. one compartment but I would be interested in more kawaii ones, perhaps pinku or another girl color.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i have some clear glass ones with a microwavable plastic lid that pops up. one compartment but I would be interested in more kawaii ones, perhaps pinku or another girl color.

im considering glass aye. i currently have ikea plastic with compartment inserts and poo poo is stained in weird ways and feels permanently oily to touch despite me basically boiling the pieces out of curiosity if the feeling would come off. the whole long term ownership experience is a bit?? also the multiple compartments' usefulness did wear off rather rapidly

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i just use old vietnam ammo cans

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

President Beep posted:

i just use old vietnam ammo cans

why does your local fake asian food restaurant sell ammo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i just use old takeout & deli meat containers, op.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

like i'm gonna BUY plastic poo poo to keep my food in?? with MY OWN MONEY???? are you mental??

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

cinci zoo sniper posted:

why does your local fake asian food restaurant sell ammo

all of my stockpiled .223 went bad so i gotta do something with the cans.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

rotor posted:

like i'm gonna BUY plastic poo poo to keep my food in?? with MY OWN MONEY???? are you mental??

Just order takeover and eventually you will have enough countainers.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

President Beep posted:

all of my stockpiled .223 went bad so i gotta do something with the cans.

you can still use ammo for several weeks after the expiration date, the idea that ammo suddenly spoils after 3 weeks of sale is just a scam by Big Ammo to sell more bullets

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just order takeover and eventually you will have enough countainers.

this has literally been my strategy yes

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

angloid here, ammo has a loving expiration date?
i thought it was just a bunch of explosives and metal inside a brass casing
are you loving eating them?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

sorta, smokeless powder does get a bit more volatile over time because the nitrocellulose deteriorates in a manner that will eventually cause it to deflagrate more rapidly if fired, dangerously increasing the pressure

this can and will blow up your gun, and probably bits of your body as well

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hbag posted:

no, it lasts basically forever as long as water doesn't get into it, beep and I are, uh, i believe the term is "taking the piss"?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kazinsal posted:

sorta, smokeless powder does get a bit more volatile over time because the nitrocellulose deteriorates in a manner that will eventually cause it to deflagrate more rapidly if fired, dangerously increasing the pressure

this can and will blow up your gun, and probably bits of your body as well

ammo from ww2 is still fine today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hbag posted:

can't buy melatonin over the counter in england, it's prescription

lol