Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you're a damned rapscallion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Me, constructing a post in exacting detail at 1000x zoom.

the plotter thickens

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm sure you have been slapped with a pearl-buttoned glove more than once.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Sagebrush posted:

i'm also a fan of this

(it's 12.8 million years at $7.50/hr 40hr/wk, fwiw)

And no bathroom breaks.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://giant.gfycat.com/ShabbyFragrantDragon.mp4

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Bluemillion posted:

And no bathroom breaks.

we're gonna need a bigger bottle

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://twitter.com/JonErlichman/status/1421908167315841025?s=20

lmao you wonder how Netscape poo poo the bed with the lights on so bad, but then Microsoft goes and does it too and then rolls around in it.

its amazing that 2002 was the last time the web was really functional

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://twitter.com/JonErlichman/status/1421908167315841025?s=20

lmao you wonder how Netscape poo poo the bed with the lights on so bad, but then Microsoft goes and does it too and then rolls around in it.

i cant watch this, whoever decided on that swapping places visualization can go die in a hole, jesus christ

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the "other" color is also indistinguishable from IE (i think it was) for me

it's a bad visualization of interesting information

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

it's a bad visualization

boy howdy is it ever

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i went to wendy’s the other day for the first time and could not believe the size of the drinks

is 40oz coke normal in the US????

this thing is the size of texas

"A Slurp & Gulp drink is seen at a 7-Eleven store on July 18, 2002 in Pembroke Pines, Florida. The 54-ounce partitioned plastic cup holds a 22-ounce Slurpee semi-frozen carbonated beverage in its inside chamber and a 32-ounce Big Gulp in the outside barrel. The Big Gulp drink helps keep the Slurpee frozen longer. The specially designed domed lid has two holes for both a beverage straw and Slurpee spoon straw. 7-Eleven, Inc., the premiere name and largest chain in the convenience retailing industry, is observing its 75th anniversary in 2002."

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Achmed Jones posted:

the "other" color is also indistinguishable from IE (i think it was) for me

it's a bad visualization of interesting information

i thought it was interesting but kind of annoying :shrug:

this one though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFkw0hzW1c

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

https://twitter.com/Entemnein/status/1421966276994510852?s=19

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

rotor posted:

i cant watch this, whoever decided on that swapping places visualization can go die in a hole, jesus christ

yeah i feel like a stacked area graph would be much better for this kind of thing.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

thats cool

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

nice effect!

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ADINSX posted:

thats cool

Midjack posted:

nice effect!

thanks people. going for something motivational lol

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

rotor posted:

old cad stuff is so wild

https://vimeo.com/75532300

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 2, 2021

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Bad Mojo: Olympic edition

edit: ok I knew that Bad Mojo was a game about being a cockroach but the actual plot of it is way more crazy than I could have imagined

quote:

The story takes place in 1995 or 1996[2] in a rundown bar owned by Eddie Battito. Roger, one of Eddie's tenants, has stolen a million dollars worth of loan money from a science corporation he had previously worked for and is planning to leave for Mexico City to start a new life. But after a small argument with Eddie, he remembers a little trinket that he had gotten in his early childhood: a cockroach-patterned locket that belonged to his deceased mother, Angelina. Upon its discovery, the locket transforms Roger's soul into a cockroach, and transports him to a mysterious sewer system connected to every section of the bar. His adventure takes him to the basement (which is also Eddie's bedroom), the bathroom, the kitchen, the bar room, Roger's room and finally his research room. As the roach (Roger) explores a world filled with danger at every turn, including rats, garbage disposals, and his own pet cat, Franz, he is constantly being guided by his mother's spirit, who serves as an oracle.

The game explores the sad past of both Roger and Eddie, revealing that Roger had been abandoned to an abusive nun, was the center of bullying as a young man, and was never taken seriously by his superiors. Eddie has had just as bad a life, having his beloved wife die during childbirth and giving up his son out of grief and his livelihood stumbling. Eddie does not realize that his wife, Angelina, was Roger's mother, nor does Roger know that Angelina was Eddie's wife. During Roger's exploration, he is forced to extinguish the pilot light to a gas stove in the kitchen to save a baby cockroach that, in turn, assists him in jamming the garbage disposal with a spoon. This act eventually causes the whole bar to be filled with gas. Roger must then set off a smoke detector to wake Eddie and then finally reach the locket in his own unconscious body's hand. With both men safely out of the bar when it explodes, Roger and Eddie discover that they are, in fact, father and son, which was exactly as the oracle planned.

There are four possible endings to the storyline. If Eddie makes it out and Roger doesn't (if Eddie is warned of the fire but Roger is left on the floor), Eddie ends up as a homeless drunk. If Roger makes it out and Eddie doesn't, Roger tries to flee the country but is caught, charged with Eddie's murder, and remanded to an asylum for the criminally insane. If neither make it out, the ghost of Angelina narrates, telling of the death of both men, the destruction of the bar for urban renewal and that the ghosts of all three souls haunt the area where their dreams died. If both of them make it out, Eddie recognizes the cockroach locket (that contains a photo of Angelina) and they reconcile as re-united father and son before both reveal the truth about their past. The family is reunited and they travel together to Mexico with the embezzled money, which Eddie uses to buy a new bar while Roger sets up a small lab to study roaches.

some real poo poo going on here

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 2, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1346345444591374336?s=20

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

:hmmyes:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:siren: IT LIVES!!!! :siren:

https://twitter.com/hellalena/status/913561290261614592?s=21

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/neighbours_wifi/status/1421932110110146565

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

bass god

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lmao

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

let he who is without sin drop the first beat

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

https://twitter.com/aflashbak/status/1421936014113878016?s=20

1000% smooth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i dont want to sound old but things in the past were just better.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

good kitty

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

1000% smooth

rotor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrWjS4wG6Rg&t=15s

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

deleted scenes from the bassline junkie video

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rotor posted:

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need. In your case, a course of leaches from the local barber surgeon to balance your humours

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need. In your case, a course of leaches from the local barber surgeon to balance your humours

please be respectful of my boundaries and do not post about my vital bodily humours

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rotor posted:

please be respectful of my boundaries and do not post about my vital bodily humours
Oof, sounds like someone's choleric today

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I don’t want my humors balanced, but I do want to receive electronic mail by means of a hand held computer and modem at a public telephone; that’s the exact amount of technology I want in my life

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Oof, sounds like someone's choleric today

a chinese masseuse once told me I have too much wind in my body and i apologized cause i thought she meant i farted a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Coin-operated telephones with line level input and output jackswire terminals.