Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
YOU knwo you;re a realy loving pice of work you mother fucker. Everyone things you're SOOOOOOO loving GREAT nbut you're soOOOOOOO loving not. loving achy brealy heart bullshit. NO DWIGHT I DON"T CARE IF YOU DIDN'T WRITE THAT loving SING YOU PIECE OF poo poo. Fuckin big MAN in a COWBOY hat, SWIGHT?? loving real cool guy bootscootin' Boogy motherfucker. NO gently caress YOU DWIGHT I"VE BEEN WAITING TO SAY THIS FOR A LONG TIME FUCKKER. I just think everything you do ISD FAKE AS gently caress. You'r the BIGGEST loving POSER I HAVE EVER SEEN DWIGHT/ YOU GONNA RIDE AFUCING HORESE, DWIGHT??? HUH??? loving DO IT YOU loving WIENER. OF COURSE OU WON"T BECAUES YOU'RE A FYCKOMG LIAR DWIGHT, gently caress YOU>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
:firstpost:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dwight's alright

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Poohs Packin posted:

Dwight's alright

NO gently caress HIME HE:S loving ASSHOWL

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Dwight Yoakam? Might choke 'em!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

NO gently caress HIME HE:S loving ASSHOWL

i call my farts asshowls

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dwight I woukld hapoily walk the sreetd of bakkrsfield wirh yoù anda guitar

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

More like the Yoaker

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Fartington Butts posted:

More like the Yoaker

Feeling a Super Soaker/Dwight Yoakam crossover brewing here

PM me if you want to be a millionaire.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I don't know enough about country but was DY doing a "retro" thing in the 80s? Or was that just where country was?

Like he sounds super twangy compared to the pop country of today, but how was he perceived on debut?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Poohs Packin posted:

I don't know enough about country but was DY doing a "retro" thing in the 80s? Or was that just where country was?

Like he sounds super twangy compared to the pop country of today, but how was he perceived on debut?

I percieved hjim as a gently caress FACE

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
his teeth are kinda hosed lookin

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Junk posted:

his teeth are kinda hosed lookin

AAAAAAAAAAAH SNAP, DWIGT YOUR GRILL IS hosed UP AS poo poo MOTHERFUCKER

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

He always wears a hat cause he got rear end hair

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some people complain on the internet, some people get a pair of gator skin boots. :shrug:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

more like white yokel cum amirite

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I know absolutely nothing about Dwight Yoakam except that I watched the Crank movies over and over when I was like 26. So my opinion is that he's awesome, if problematic.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The kids are alDwight

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I’d ask him when was the last time he bathed.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
He was pretty good at being a redneck rear end in a top hat in Sling Blade.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Dwight owns you idiot moron op

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I'll make degrading remarks about his teeth and make vague assertations to his horse grandfather.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I don't know who Dwight Yokam is

and I know everyone.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I really like those sequined jackets, but we can’t survive with those suspicious minds

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Greetings kind sir, greatly enjoyed your cameo as the prison warden in Logan Lucky. Love it when you pop up in little roles like that. Also, might you spare a moment to sign my hat? I got it from the customer service counter at my local Chili’s. Limited edition, you see.

Poohs Packin posted:

His whole deal is that he leans heavily into the “Bakersfield sound” that was pioneered in central California by guys like Buck Owens (hence the duet “Streets of Bakersfield”). And he’s also arguably got crossover influence from popular Mexican musical styles too. So yeah, it was kind of a retro/offbeat thing when he got started, and he’s pretty much been doing his own thing ever since. My grandma totally loved him and refused to listen to any contemporary country, if that tells you anything.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Dear god he’s aged since the office

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

donkey salami posted:

He always wears a hat cause he’s bald

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
HEY YOU DONT KNOW ME BUT YOU DONT LIKE ME

YOU SAY YOU CARE LESS HOW I FEEL

HOW MANY OF YOU THAT SIT AND JUDGE ME

EVER WALKED THE STREETS OF BAKERSFIELD?

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB7oUI32E1Y)

Ole Dwight's best song is a cover

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

istewart posted:

Greetings kind sir, greatly enjoyed your cameo as the prison warden in Logan Lucky. Love it when you pop up in little roles like that. Also, might you spare a moment to sign my hat? I got it from the customer service counter at my local Chili’s. Limited edition, you see.

His whole deal is that he leans heavily into the “Bakersfield sound” that was pioneered in central California by guys like Buck Owens (hence the duet “Streets of Bakersfield”). And he’s also arguably got crossover influence from popular Mexican musical styles too. So yeah, it was kind of a retro/offbeat thing when he got started, and he’s pretty much been doing his own thing ever since. My grandma totally loved him and refused to listen to any contemporary country, if that tells you anything.

Listen to your grannie. Contemporary Country sucks. Old country is awesome.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i dont listen to jazz so i have no idea who this person is

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Hey, lishen here, uh, Dwayne. Lishen, look at me. Lishen… dat movie with Harrishun Ford and de udder kid where Indiana Jonesh shells real eshtate to dat rapper Mister Pee and de udder kid shcrews around with yoga whosh fadder you killed… dat role wush *sloppy chef’s kiss* perfecshun, okay. Perfecshun.

I fuckin’ love you, Dwayne :qq:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

he was funny as poo poo in Crank 2

I also watched a movie called Bandidas whose main purpose seemed to be to allow Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz to make out with and grope each other and Steve Zahn, but Dwight Yoakam chewed scenery as the bad guy in a ridiculous stringy black wig

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Remember when people were allowed to be a celebrity and have teeth like that?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
"Buddy." I lean in very, very close. Dwight pulls back. He can't help it. My breath's so thick it makes him think of kerosene more than alcohol. There's a tiny, insistent voice in his mind screaming 'fire hazard!'

"Buddy," I start again. I forgot that I already said that. "Buddy, I've got no idea who you are."

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Me: “Hey you!”
Dright Yoakim: “Who me?”
Me: 🖕🖕

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gregg Turkington looking like poo poo as usual.

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
Is this... the guy who was catching all those pokemon on that yugioh show?... gently caress HIM. LEt andimals be free, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Grumblepuff posted:

Is this... the guy who was catching all those pokemon on that yugioh show?... gently caress HIM. LEt andimals be free, dude.

Why can't he free all the Yoakamon, huh? Huh!? Don't try and fuckin' tell me they're happier with him than they would be being free. There's no way he's got enough time to give all of them the care and attention they need.