Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

lament.cfg posted:

Even distribution, reserving my favorite thing for the last bite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

most of the time ill eat various pieces of it - saving the best tasting for last

but i try to avoid things i dont want to get soggy away as best i can. i also hate putting salad on the same plate as my hot food. my wife and most of her family does this and i always have to get a separate bowl for the salad

i also tend to wait till the end to eat salad and not with the main meal but my dad is from italy and that's what we did growing up (it's a thing there)

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i don't mind foods touching and sometimes i mix a portion of certain things on purpose

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean 70% of my diet is some stir fry with rice so mix it up

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i mix peas and mashed potatos - well any kind of veggie mixed with potatos Just Works

my friend got me to try a pickled garlic clove yesterday... and it was great!! but i think pickling just about anything tastes good

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i subsist entirely on wiggen kebabs.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

i subsist entirely on wiggen kebabs.

that sounds like an english soccer team

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i turn my cheeseburgers into a soup like homogenate and then chug them down

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

endlessmonotony posted:

I'd not give good odds to hbag making a sleep schedule with those problems that have me having had thousands of nights where I'm in bed at the right time and end up tossing and turning for five hours, unable to sleep no matter how much I try, only to then find myself waking up eighteen hours after I went to bed, tired as hell, sometimes covered in sweat, after weeks of impeccable sleep hygiene.

Longest I've ever gone without an episode disrupting my sleep schedule is three weeks.

sounds pretty dissimilar to hbags problem of Postin, all night erry night

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

posters disease

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my biggest concern isnt the sleep schedule but the irc

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bob dobbs is dead posted:

sounds pretty dissimilar to hbags problem of Postin, all night erry night

No, the posting comes after you realize your sleep schedule is a lost cause, you're just waking up at 6pm because that's what your body decided, and you want to sleep but instead you just sit still, not even going to bed, doing nothing in particular, just endless monotony in front of the computer, desperately trying to find something, anything, to do that your brain will accept as "productive" no matter how productive you actually are being.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag has fallen into some sort of time warp to 1998. how's half life it looks sick

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
You can't "waste" the time so you end up just frittering it away on stupid arguments, being right on the internet, starting half a dozen projects you'll probably never finish and definitely never use.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

endlessmonotony posted:

No, the posting comes after you realize your sleep schedule is a lost cause, you're just waking up at 6pm because that's what your body decided, and you want to sleep but instead you just sit still, not even going to bed, doing nothing in particular, just endless monotony in front of the computer, desperately trying to find something, anything, to do that your brain will accept as "productive" no matter how productive you actually are being.

stimulants helped me bigly with this

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this thread is exceptionally dumb today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AB9zPfXqQQ

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

gas it. for symmetry.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

gas it. for symmetry.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
crazy how often parrying a frantic series of slack DMs with 'can you create a jira case for this' leads to radio silence and me suddenly not needing to provide urgent rapid response to rote bullshit v:mmmhmm:v

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

endlessmonotony posted:

you sure are confident in your diagnosis of someone else’s problems for someone saying you can’t diagnose other people’s problems over the internet

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

PokeJoe posted:

stimulants helped me bigly with this

Yeah I've been poking hbag with "get professional care, try meth".

Exercise, stimulants, religious following of sleep rituals, other people keeping me accountable, and a whole loving lot of professional sleep care.

And I still gotta fix it every month.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
i want stimulants

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Checking if fart simpson is still sleeping

don't reply to this if you are, fart

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

you sure are confident in your diagnosis of someone else’s problems for someone saying you can’t diagnose other people’s problems over the internet

I ain't diagnosing them, they HAVE a diagnosis. I know it causes sleep problems because I have the same diagnosis. And know half a dozen other people WITH THE SAME loving PATTERN OF PROBLEMS.

And it's never just "use common sense", it's always "seek professional care".

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NQlOfXyrUY

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

endlessmonotony posted:

You can't "waste" the time so you end up just frittering it away on stupid arguments, being right on the internet,

physician, heal thyself

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

lament.cfg posted:

physician, heal thyself

:thejoke:

I'm the goddamn joke. Fully aware, unable to stop it, just like everyone else with these loving problems. And my treatments conflict so I gotta pick which of these I want to suffer from.

Also it feeds into the idea that it's not a real problem, that you just need to try harder, that you can fix it as long as you've first cleared the more important priorities, like studying. Or cleaning.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

the ones i have look basically the same as when i got them ~2 years ago.

Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers - Food Prep Containers with Lids Meal Prep - Food Storage Containers Airtight - Lunch Containers Portion Control Containers Bpa-Free (5 Pack, 30 Ounce) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y31WGWR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KA9G3VM57ZPTFMMDRQ7J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

the single compartment seems most versatile. i have not managed to stain the plastic on the tops, they wash up in my dishwasher pretty clean.

i have frozen them too without a problem.

cheers, im looking at something like that locally now aye. i really like those lids with 4 flaps, much better than push-in style lids plenty of stuff here still has

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

endlessmonotony posted:

:thejoke:

I'm the goddamn joke. Fully aware, unable to stop it, just like everyone else with these loving problems. And my treatments conflict so I gotta pick which of these I want to suffer from.

Also it feeds into the idea that it's not a real problem, that you just need to try harder, that you can fix it as long as you've first cleared the more important priorities, like studying. Or cleaning.

have you tried :getout:ing

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bump_fn posted:

have you tried :getout:ing

When you're right, you're right.

This is going nowhere.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

No it will not happen the first day instantly.

lmao. why even bother.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

now that hbag is sufficiently alienated by someone else's bullshit,

hilbo - seriously - you have to force yourself into good sleep habits. your issues make your starting point a lot worse than other people's, but there is literally no downside to reducing screen time, creating routines, and not eating loud butter at 3am

nobody here is your therapist and nobody here is going to preface their comments with GO GET THERAPY AND MEDICATION AND ETC ETC because we're shitposting. Doesn't change the fact that sleep hygiene is loving important.

A lot of us have mental and physical illnesses, and just don't shitpost about it 24/7, but it sucks rear end and is a lot of loving work to do something that is easy or natural for other people.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 2, 2021

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

im a sleep expert irl

hi “a sleep expert irl” i’m dad.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ansible Adams posted:

crazy how often parrying a frantic series of slack DMs with 'can you create a jira case for this' leads to radio silence and me suddenly not needing to provide urgent rapid response to rote bullshit v:mmmhmm:v

the system works!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

today got a lot better now that i got all my stuff sorted

now i'm having a salad and posting

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

hi “a sleep expert irl” i’m dad.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

When you have several different foods on one plate, do you eat all of one before moving on to the next, or do you go back and forth?

I'm a back and forth kind of guy myself

Just mix everything, it's all going to the same place anyways.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Dumb rear end roomba did the thing where it can't find its home base so its battery died in the middle of the floor. Stupid. Machines are fuckin worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It also gives you a taste of everything in 1 bite.