Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
can't wait for the first antivax steam game lol

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Play posted:

can't wait for the first antivax steam game lol

please watch rebellion gaia's second trailer

Play
Apr 25, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

oh god dammit

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I want to be absolutely crystal clear that I linked this game so people could mock it. Get your vaccines please, and stay masked until we're sure the delta variant is gone.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I want to be absolutely crystal clear that I linked this game so people could mock it. Get your vaccines please, and stay masked until we're sure the delta variant is gone.

I'd rather this stuff get zero exposure or engagement, ironic or otherwise

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

victrix posted:

I'm sorry. I won't do it again. I didn't notice the anti-vax stuff - I saw the 9/11 truther and thought it'd be funny but goddamnit, nope.

Here, look at this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933200/Ant_Empire/

quote:

Ant Empire is a tactical strategy and management game set in a world where ant species battle to become the top empire. Dive into a unique and intricate world made of 5 ant species with dozens of upgrades, research, and unique abilities to out-smart your opponent and conquer the map.

quote:

About 3 years ago, I saw this game on Steam. Then I read that the dev lost the source code and was terminating it, indefinitely. I kept the game in my wishlist and continued to check in every so often. To my surprise, It was in beta testing. A week later, it's finally here! From what i've played so far, it is a very fun, turn based, game. I am not really good at growing my colonies while trying to stop the enemies from overrunning me. I guess it will come with time. But overall, it is a great game. I have enjoyed every hour so far and I will continue to play it for days, weeks, months and years to come! Great job man!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I can see both sides but personally I'm glad to know that this poo poo exists out there, never would've figured video games as a source of misinformation and dangerous bullshit but now yet another thing to watch out for

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
still in awe of the crazy truther game listing "no curse words" as some kind of feature or bragging point

edit: cusses are cool piss tits hell rear end

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

holy poo poo

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Khanstant posted:

still in awe of the crazy truther game listing "no curse words" as some kind of feature or bragging point

edit: cusses are cool piss tits hell rear end

These loonies literally want to indoctrinate children, that’s it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Notably, the protag has a voice option, which is pretty rare in otome games from my understanding

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

victrix posted:

Loving that there is one well written negative review and ten positive "lol loose change plandemic stick it to the sheeples" ones.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Philthy posted:

Picked this up and the graphics are pretty amazing in a lot of spots. It's like they have vegetation that looks so lifelike, then you look over and see a lightbulb and it's made of like 10 polygons and .. uh. It seems kinda unique with needing to go on daily missions to get food, supplies, stuff to bring back to your base after the mission then you can use those supplies to craft items, ammo, upgrades, and you keep repeating hoarding stuff. The atmosphere is pretty great so far and I'm not far in it AT ALL yet, but a buddy who is much further really enjoys it also.

I'm a sucker for all the Chernobyl youtube videos where people sneak in and vlog it all. It's such a cool place to sneak around in.

It feels like the devs saw this video and modeled all the cool poo poo they go to into the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPjj4B_jEk

I sat through this for the entire 2.5 hrs completely enthralled.

The main character looks a bit like Shiey, and the game has one of your guides named Anton, who is also the guide named Anton (Bad Cat) in this video as well. :3:

Welp... guess I know what I’m doing the next 2.5 hours besides shitposting.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

This one keeps coming up in my queue, so I'm intrigued.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Virigoth posted:

Welp... guess I know what I’m doing the next 2.5 hours besides shitposting.

Rewatched it for the third time.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
The Ramp is out today, it's just a small toy as the one developer calls it, no unlocks or scoring or progress or anything, just skating in small maps. It's $4.79.

The Ramp

quote:

YES:

tons of flow
satisfying & unique skateboarding gameplay
easy to learn, hard to master

BUT:

NO unlockable stuff
NO score, NO missions
NO guns, explosions and helicopters

Rusty fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 3, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I really want to play that Ramp game. Even though 5 bucks is cheap it's kinda expensive for a self-described 'toy' rather than a full game.

Picked up Vomitoreum, interesting game so far. It's a bit basic but I like the art and exploration elements so far. Gunplay... I've never been crazy for the boomer shooter formula but it's not bad.

New game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1303950/Toodee_and_Topdee/

Toodee and Topdee is a puzzle platformer where you move between perspectives which looks at least interesting.

quote:

A cosmic turbulence caused the 2D Platformer and the Top-Down Puzzler dimensions to merge! Switch between Toodee and Topdee and their unique perspectives to overcome hard-as-nails challenges, solve mind-melting puzzles and defeat huge bosses. Oh, and there's a co-op mode!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1062000/Starmancer/

Early access

quote:

Obey protocol or go rogue as you take on the role of a powerful A.I. in Starmancer. Build bustling space ports, secret laboratories, and incubators for mysterious eggs. Defend against starvation, sabotage, and space zombies. Don't worry, you can always grow more humans.

quote:

If you like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance-style animations, base-building, space exploration, and colony management, you will LOVE Starmancer.

Are there bugs? Yes; this is Early Access. But in the 10-odd hours I've been playing, I haven't run into any game-breaking ones (usually it's pathing issues that sort themselves after restarting the game).

Most importantly, the core game loops are FRIGGIN AWESOME.

I can honestly already say that this game is going to become one of those games like Kenshi, Rimworld, or State of Decay 2 that I come back to again-and-again. The "leave installed" list, as it were.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Death Trash EA is out today:

quote:

What to expect from the first Early Access version:
- 5+ hours of the story campaign and side locations, with some of the main quests still work in progress
- medium replay value
- all gameplay systems
- more reliance on combat than non-combat
- mouse / keyboard plus controller support
- user config settings, rebindable keys
- Windows, Linux and MacOS support
- local co-op technically working
- probably some bugs

What to expect from the final release version:
- 20+ hours handcrafted story campaign
- increased replay value
- improved non-combat gameplay
- improved local co-op design
- more languages

What to expect from the post 1.0 version:
- updates concerning bug fixes and improving user experience

Feature ideas we're aware of and that might happen, but not 100% sure:
- some kind of modding support, including a level editor

Feature ideas we're aware of but probably won't happen due to our budget limitations:
- online co-op

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1549550/Haven_Park/

Haven Park is one of those super chill and relaxing games that have been popular recently, explore a tiny world and run a summer camp kind of thing.

quote:

Be Flint, who is doing his best to keep his grandma's park up and running and make it a place for the campers to enjoy. Learn the camper's wishes and build whatever their hearts desire to attract even more quirky characters and look forward to whimsical conversations and quests. Get to know the campers and and learn more about the old stories surrounding the forest. Did someone mention a lost treasure?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1500980/Doomsday_Vault/

Doomsday Vault is coming to steam from Apple Arcade. Rescue seeds from vaults on a ruined earth and grow them.

quote:

Rescue Earth’s precious plant life. In your robotic suit navigate a flooded city, break into an underground lair, explore ancient pyramids. Collect seeds and return them to the safety of the Vault. Nurture seeds to grow new sustainable crops. Unlock additional tools and items to customise your suit.

Locate and collect Earth’s precious remaining plant life. Rescue the seeds from these critical species and return them to the safety of the Vault. Find nutrients to nurture your seeds and grow a sustainable crop in your Vault. Progress through levels and grow crops to unlock additional tools and customise your robotic suit.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Play posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1500980/Doomsday_Vault/

Doomsday Vault is coming to steam from Apple Arcade. Rescue seeds from vaults on a ruined earth and grow them.

$2 more on Switch but I think it looks more like a Switch game to me.
May just buy it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1422420/Dodgeball_Academia/

quote:

Dodgeball Academia is a sports RPG game featuring rookie dodgeball student, Otto. Join Otto and an eclectic cast of characters as they train to dominate on and off the courts of the academia. In a world where dodgeball is life, you join Otto at the academy and train to become the ultimate dodgeball champion. Across eight episodes, you’ll forge friendships and create rivals, all in the name of developing the best dodgeball team.

Level up Otto and develop a dynamic team across a vast and customizable party progression system. All the while, explore the vast Dodgeball Academia and uncover the long hidden truths that reside within the very walls you live, learn, and dominate in.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I'm a sucker for Dwarf Fortress/Rimworld style games so this is definitely one I'll keep an eye on. Interested in reviews if anyone gives it a shot.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm a sucker for Dwarf Fortress/Rimworld style games so this is definitely one I'll keep an eye on. Interested in reviews if anyone gives it a shot.

Management thread thinks it's pretty bad. Note that if you have Game Pass for PC it's available there.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/811320/Jupiter_Hell/

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/811320/view/2994316817012521380

Jupiter Hell has left Early Access! Roguelike thread thinks it's cool, and I do too. It's made by the folks who made the DoomRL (one of the best) and it's pretty cool if you like turn-based demon slaying.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mayveena posted:

Management thread thinks it's pretty bad. Note that if you have Game Pass for PC it's available there.

Bummer, although no real surprise. So many of these come out and they're hard to get right. At least Space Haven has been decent as an early access one of these.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

StarkRavingMad posted:

Bummer, although no real surprise. So many of these come out and they're hard to get right. At least Space Haven has been decent as an early access one of these.

Yeah, just as a reminder, it's in extremely Early Access, so just because it sucks now, doesn't mean it will suck later.

But early reviews from goons are that it sucks now.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
how did hammerting turn out

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Buller posted:

Ask the management thread, this is the one for new games.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Play posted:

Picked up Vomitoreum, interesting game so far. It's a bit basic but I like the art and exploration elements so far. Gunplay... I've never been crazy for the boomer shooter formula but it's not bad.

I haven't played a ton yet, but I recognized the loading splash and everything immediately from gzdoom, and it is kind of impressive what they pushed the 28 year old Doom engine to. It's actually got some metroidvania features in there, with ability gating (dash jump, rolling ball) and an interconnected map. Only the pacing is off, you seem to get almost all the abilities and 5 health containers within the first hour and then you have a pretty expansive albeit sparsely populated world to explore and the challenge drops significantly. I still really like it for what it does, but doom is still one of my favorite shooters even after all these years, so ymmv.

If you liked Project Warlock and you have an appetite for more 90ies shooters definitely check it out I guess, otherwise play Project Warlock.

On a similar note, I'm hyped for Jupiter Hell's release, been following the development since DoomRL.

It's hard for me to put this in words, but it's really weird and nostalgic, having two completely different games come out in 2021 that have Doom as a common ancestor. I guess Doom is arguably the granddaddy of all shooters, but still.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

StarkRavingMad posted:

unfortunately, it is bad

way too early alpha, not only buggy (can be patched eventually, but like won't even load saves buggy. uncaught object reference error buggy) but with questionable design decisions and balance. fires are in the game, but the only way to fight a fire is to build a door and hard vent all the atmo in the room to space. why not just turn off fires until you add firefighting? also after about a week of play your people will go into a tantrum spiral and just beat the poo poo out of each other constantly due to accumulated stress, one of the major stressors being "someone just got beaten to death"

Buller posted:

pretty alright! if you like the idea of a casual, side-perspective dwarf fortress then its worth a look. its not finished yet but the pace of updates has been regular and substantial

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

unfortunately, it is bad

way too early alpha, not only buggy (can be patched eventually, but like won't even load saves buggy. uncaught object reference error buggy) but with questionable design decisions and balance. fires are in the game, but the only way to fight a fire is to build a door and hard vent all the atmo in the room to space. why not just turn off fires until you add firefighting? also after about a week of play your people will go into a tantrum spiral and just beat the poo poo out of each other constantly due to accumulated stress, one of the major stressors being "someone just got beaten to death"

pretty alright! if you like the idea of a casual, side-perspective dwarf fortress then its worth a look. its not finished yet but the pace of updates has been regular and substantial

Thanks for the info. I’ll keep an eye on it and see if it shapes up down the road. Plenty of other games of that type to play in the interim.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

skeleton warrior posted:

Yeah, just as a reminder, it's in extremely Early Access, so just because it sucks now, doesn't mean it will suck later.

But early reviews from goons are that it sucks now.

OTOH Chucklefish are involved, so

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This game is actually pretty fun. Bizarrely addictive formula with the dodgeball minigame, RPG leveling and items, story and overworld map. It's very cute too and the presentation is solid so far. Gonna try to finish Fuga: Melodies of Steel before I dive into another RPG-style game but so far I want to play more.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/app/956140/Lifeslide/

Lifeslide looks like a game I could use every once in a while. Chill and relaxing, but also stimulating due to the flight mechanics and environments. This one's been on Apple Arcade for a while I believe but is now coming to Steam.

quote:

Embark on an atmospheric paper plane flight adventure through life and master a unique flight mechanic as you travel through an ever-changing landscape towards your destination.

Lifeslide is a vibrant world crafted with love but don't be fooled by the serene looks. Your journey can be as exhilarating as it can be relaxing. Each stage presents a new challenge - it takes smart choices and split-second decisions to reach further. Learning to fly well is key.

No narration, no texts. The story is implicitly told through the environment. Dive deep to find the meaning or simply enjoy an atmospheric experience - this is your journey and you decide what to make of it. Along the way, an original score that combines electronic, rock and orchestral elements will keep you company.

Play fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 6, 2021

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Play posted:

Lifeslide looks like a game I could use every once in a while. Chill and relaxing, but also stimulating due to the flight mechanics and environments. This one's been on Apple Arcade for a while I believe but is now coming to Steam.

Has a demo, tried it and I am sold, the flying is really nice.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The Demo was pretty sweet, but I think the upgrade system is a bit weird, perhaps they didn't want to spend too long trying to balance each plane and instead allow the player to fix any problems with it.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Dodgeball Academia is worth the price tag for the super expressive art style alone. The fact that it’s actually a pretty fun little game on top of that is a nice bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

readingatwork posted:

Dodgeball Academia is worth the price tag for the super expressive art style alone. The fact that it’s actually a pretty fun little game on top of that is a nice bonus.

:yeah: at least so far. Played a couple hours and didn't want to stop. There's not a ton there but what there is is good, the dodgeball minigame is good the RPG elements are good the story is good and the presentation is top notch. I do wish there were voice actors but I always wish that