Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
^ my matrix prequel fanfic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

dioxazine posted:

now i'm having a salad and posting

i had some cherries and a plumcot, stone fruits are wonderful

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just mix everything, it's all going to the same place anyways.

i cannot stand mixing my fresh vegetables with literally anything

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

everyone shut up and take some ambien

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

SoundCloud keeps playing every track twice with a delay like a weird echo effect, seems to be some weird interaction between the browser and the windows media controls/overlay because the media keys don't consistently play/pause

I'm not plugging even more poo poo in to enable using a different audio source into the amp than the corporate laptop and work without music sucks

sev 1 ticket raised this is affecting production

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i cannot stand mixing my fresh vegetables with literally anything

Spoken like someone who hasn't picked up misir wot, and gomen with their injeera.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

KidDynamite posted:

everyone shut up and take some ambien

i had a single friend who took ambien and she was basically sleepwalking the entire night, she'd wake up and her furniture was moved around and dishes were stacked on the counters and poo poo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

i had a single friend who took ambien and she was basically sleepwalking the entire night, she'd wake up and her furniture was moved around and dishes were stacked on the counters and poo poo

i specify single because she didnt have anyone in her apartment to watch her and make sure she didn't fall down the stairs or whatever so she stopped takin em

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

c day off s: made some brownies, going to call it a day

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

i've heard if you miss the first window to fall asleep yeah it can get hosed up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
back when i still talked to my mom she had a habit of popping her ambien and giving me a call on the phone

zero to buckwild in twenty minutes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i used to take lots of ambien before i figured out my sleep problems and yeah they get you pretty delirious if you don't fall asleep. sometimes they just plain don't work on the sleep part and just make you feel really hosed up

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

here's some original ambien art by me:

it's some kind of cross between a tent and an airplane? i think??

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

SoundCloud keeps playing every track twice with a delay like a weird echo effect, seems to be some weird interaction between the browser and the windows media controls/overlay because the media keys don't consistently play/pause

I'm not plugging even more poo poo in to enable using a different audio source into the amp than the corporate laptop and work without music sucks

sev 1 ticket raised this is affecting production

ugh god I think it's a chome issue so i guess either it's hosed and will never be fixed because Google thinks it's a feature or it'll get fixed and I have to wait 3 months for our lovely build team to push an update

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe posted:

here's some original ambien art by me:

it's some kind of cross between a tent and an airplane? i think??
SOUL PLANE (2004)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Vintersorg posted:

i dont think what sagebrush posted warrants any of this insane hostility

hop off your pedestal
Insane hostility?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UON4gnwWgLs

fart simpson posted:

are you saying you’re fat?
Where it counts 😏

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

i used to take lots of ambien before i figured out my sleep problems and yeah they get you pretty delirious if you don't fall asleep. sometimes they just plain don't work on the sleep part and just make you feel really hosed up

one time a friend called me up because he got into a fight with his wife and needed to talk like 1 minute after i popped an ambien. i went and met up with him. don't remember anything after that, but they're still together and have two pretty cool kids. mission accomplished??

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just mix everything, it's all going to the same place anyways.

“it all goes down the same hole”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7jVLp-n9ww

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

KidDynamite posted:

one time a friend called me up because he got into a fight with his wife and needed to talk like 1 minute after i popped an ambien. i went and met up with him. don't remember anything after that, but they're still together and have two pretty cool kids. mission accomplished??

True Ambien Success Stories itt

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ambien leads to a fam bien

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KidDynamite posted:

"my n-word, have you tried ambien?" (also, parisian catacomb skeletons)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

:discourse:

Didn't predict it, A+

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

cjs: sick day. Still out from physically injuring myself over the weekend. Did some driving and got my favorite coldbrew (free because they like me there) and got a muscle zapper device to hopefully put me back in action by tomorrow.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Today I saw a slammed Civic with a fart cannon and tinted windows driven by an Asian lady, with license plate IM WAIFU.

Props to her

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Today I saw a slammed Civic with a fart cannon
You can just say "rotor"

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sagebrush posted:

Plastics are extraordinarily useful materials and just saying durr we have to shut down the plastics industry is a non-solution.

Instead simply put a large deposit on every single consumer plastic object that is sold, to encourage and fund recycling. Every plastic deli container gets you 15 cents. A plastic fork is worth a nickel.

the problem with this is that some of these materials aren’t actually recyclable. the deposit in those cases would basically be infinite

in other cases you might not be lookin at a nickel or fifteen cents, you might be looking at a few dollars—which, great, you’re making people pay something close to the true cost, but it’ll be fought tooth and nail

quote:

Where possible, plastic objects should be transitioned to biodegradable equivalents, of course. Stamped bamboo cutlery and paper straws, for instance.

the only way this will happen is to make it outright illegal to use single-use plastics for these things, the market doesn’t allow other solutions to thrive now because whatever’s cheapest with the lowest possible margins wins

capitalism is a hill-climber, it can’t see beyond its local maxima

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

eschaton posted:

capitalism is a hill-climber, it can’t see beyond its local maxima

this is why it's always so baffling to me that so many programmers are libertarians. they all should have learned early on that greedy algorithms dont work.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
need random restarts :getin:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

rotor posted:

this is why it's always so baffling to me that so many programmers are libertarians. they all should have learned early on that greedy algorithms dont work.

They're libertarians because they want to own people.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

Today I saw a slammed Civic with a fart cannon and tinted windows driven by an Asian lady, with license plate IM WAIFU.

Props to her

driving with my parents, we see a br-z with vanity plate GTR1AB

they read it as "greater one above" lmao

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Spoken like someone who hasn't picked up misir wot, and gomen with their injeera.

okay not that literally anything, bread-likes are fine

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

always take bites of the sides before main

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

sometimes i eat sides first. sometimes entree. somtimes bites are distributed. sometimes i mix things, sometimes i dont.

you cant pin me down, i contain multitudes

yawp, motherfucker

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

when i eat handheld food like burgers or club sandwiches, ill always eat all the fries before taking even a single bite out of the main course

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

My balls remain unsucked so I'm beginning to think that "okay" was less than sincere

Listen, being chided on an internet forum isn't insane hostility, so settle down, beavis

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i mean it's not insane hostility, but endlessmonotony is definitely projecting a ton about hbag's sleep poo poo and the post/username synergy only goes far

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

cinci zoo sniper posted:

when i eat handheld food like burgers or club sandwiches, ill always eat all the fries before taking even a single bite out of the main course

same

i also chew some fries down into bite size pieces for my cat as he craves em

Achmed Jones posted:

i mean it's not insane hostility, but endlessmonotony is definitely projecting a ton about hbag's sleep poo poo and the post/username synergy only goes far

yeah, it was a bit much.

it's pretty chill in here normally and then that happened and that avatar aint helpin em - i was like - step off

also if balls need sucking head on over to Canada, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the following are to be eaten or bitten:

snacks
meals
courses
entrees
rear end, incl genitalia
sides