Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Anyone here ever sous vide the boneless pork butt from the 'Co? How did you finish it?

Also, holy dog balls did the 3-pack of ribs get expensive! The cheapest one I saw was $50. Used to be half that, I think.

EDIT: Nice snipe, dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Why would you souz veed a pork butt when you can just slow cook it with potatoes and veggies? :thunk:

I guess you could do that then sear it like a steak??? Idk

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I'm a $.25 bottle of water kind of Costco person.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

The Hambulance posted:

Anyone here ever sous vide the boneless pork butt from the 'Co? How did you finish it?

Also, holy dog balls did the 3-pack of ribs get expensive! The cheapest one I saw was $50. Used to be half that, I think.

EDIT: Nice snipe, dummy.

I do all the time for pulled pork and carnitas. Normally pull it out, shred it, and toss it under the broiler to crisp it up a bit

In other news, bought the frozen lasagna everyone was raving about. Lives up to the hype for sure

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Chinatown posted:

relish is BACK at my location. First dog since COVID hit. Miss the onions but dang what a great hot dog.

Also, the soda machines are now touchless, just put the cup under the nozzle and it dispenses. Pretty nice!

It's a sign that times are changing.

Martman posted:

That is a lot of mustard.
This is me, except just the mustard. Except with how the steamed buns stick to the sides, I consider those the left and right pockets. I make sure to pull the bun so that I evenly distribute between the left and right pockets in addition to the top.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I only like the deli mustard. :(

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Pepsi is better than coke and the food court is better for it.

But seriously, need onion dispenser and combo pizza.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Coke is better than Pepsi, but Pepsi has a deeper bench. Mountain dew is a bit too uptight, Mello Yello is the California casual version of the drink.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like dr. Pepper the most

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Gaius Marius posted:

Coke is better than Pepsi, but Pepsi has a deeper bench. Mountain dew is a bit too uptight, Mello Yello is the California casual version of the drink.

Mello Yello is deeply associated with NASCAR and The South in my mind

Edit: lol the NASCAR thing is apparently real

david_a fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 2, 2021

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Same.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:emptyquote:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I used to love Dr. Pepper but I used to do a lot of DXM and I'd always drink Dr. Pepper with it so whenever I have it now it tastes like cough syrup. :(

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
Dr Pepper is awesome but if they make a caffeine free version it doesn't exist in the Northeast US :smith:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I used to love Dr. Pepper but I used to do a lot of DXM and I'd always drink Dr. Pepper with it so whenever I have it now it tastes like cough syrup. :(

Sounds like you had a read rough (riderz) time

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Sounds like you had a read rough (riderz) time

Stop

Drop

Shut em down open up a Costco

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:yeah:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

I only like the deli mustard. :(

Because it's the superior mustard.

I refuse to eat yellow mustard. Spicy brown all the way.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Renegret posted:

We have a place out here called Koop's. You can probably find it in your grocery store. They make the best mustard that's cheap as poo poo. I like the Dusseldorf the best. I just picked up a horseradish mustard that I really like but I don't think it's Koop's.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I used to go to this German microbrewery that made their own sausages and mustard.

It was the loving best thing in the whole world. Doesn't get any better than that.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I could really go for a Costco dog right now. I started enjoying their pizza lately (yeah, didn't have it until this year).

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Dude I drink a lot of diet Dr Pepper and you're not wrong, it tastes exactly like cough syrup.

I challenge anyone to put Dr. Pepper into a highball of almost any kind and not realize that you are drinking Nyquil.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

today I bought bacon cheddar salmon burgers at Costco. kind of concerned that it's not a suitable combo, but it's a gamble I'm willing to take

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

today I bought bacon cheddar salmon burgers at Costco. kind of concerned that it's not a suitable combo, but it's a gamble I'm willing to take

I would try this but I can think of other cheeses better suited to salmon, havarti or a another creamy cheese with dill.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Renegret posted:

same. piss mustard is just bad once you've gone brown there's no going yellow

We have a place out here called Koop's. You can probably find it in your grocery store. They make the best mustard that's cheap as poo poo. I like the Dusseldorf the best. I just picked up a horseradish mustard that I really like but I don't think it's Koop's.
I havent seen those, i'll keep an eye out, but Inglehoffer is sold pretty commonly and the grain-mustard is great

this stuff is aplso good for storebought although a lot on the grains which can be good or bad.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

I havent seen those, i'll keep an eye out, but Inglehoffer is sold pretty commonly and the grain-mustard is great

this stuff is aplso good for storebought although a lot on the grains which can be good or bad.

If we're talking mustard, this is my jam:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
My usual sandwich mustard has to be Ed McCaffrey's.

Now my dipping mustards...

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I luckily live in a city with a huge polish population, so I rarely buy the same mustard twice and they are all excellent. HOWEVER, it’s super easy to make your own mustard! My go-to recipe:

2 parts dried yellow mustard seeds
1 part black mustard seeds
Enough apple cider vinegar to cover plus about 1/3 by volume (ex: 4 cups yellow mustard seeds, 2 cups black, and then enough apple cider vinegar to fill the container to the 8 cup mark)

Let sit 24 hours, adding more vinegar if the seeds absorb it all. Blend a couple ounces at a time (it gets REAL thick REAL quick, so it can jam up your blender pretty easily). Once blended, add a little olive oil and season to taste with salt and honey.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You make 8 cups of mustard at a time?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Seems about right imo. I make a double batch of Carolina BBQ sauce so that's 2 cups of mustard just for that :getin:

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

It gets a bit finicky and inconsistent in smaller amounts, and I can’t think of anything that keeps better than mustard :shrug: Also I’m a professional cook, so this is scaled down from a two gallon batch lol.

Real pro tip: buy some Colman’s Mustard Powder and follow the directions on the tin, and then add horseradish :getin:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It takes me like 3+ months to get through a regular sized bottle of mustard. All I use it on is sandwiches.

I think I need to use it more.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I feel like this would come right out my rear end, whole.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

It takes me like 3+ months to get through a regular sized bottle of mustard. All I use it on is sandwiches.

I think I need to use it more.

Put it in all your marinades. Smother a pork loin or chicken carcass in it before cooking. Rub it on your face at night as a toner. Most importantly, bring it to communion and baptize your 1/4 lb+ dog with it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I squirt mustard in my tuna when i make uhh...tuna(??) sandwiches. Mayo, mustard, Tabasco, and some lemon/lime. :yum:

I should really buy more tuna cans.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SirPablo posted:

I feel like this would come right out my rear end, whole.
You're supposed to open it first

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
These green teas are great if your Costco carries them, very refreshing and no sugar.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Ito En is the best green tea, I love it.

Xaris posted:

Incorrect. There is a time and a place for regular yellow mustard.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Xaris posted:

We bought an 870g jar (I guess thats 1lb or something, weird flex for a French company) of this from church and I regretted it.
Not because we don't use a lot of mustard (we do) but because it took 4months or so to use it and having a mostly empty pickle-jar sized mustard to shuffle around the fridge got annoying.

Edit: in retrospect it may have been their Dijon

norp fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Barry posted:

Ito En is the best green tea, I love it.

Absolutely, hard to find a green tea that isn't oversweetened. I haven't seen these at my local Costco but I'll keep an eye out, buying them at Fred Meyer for two bucks a pop isn't very cost efficient.