Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
poo poo. That might be the first triple-dip for me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Spatulater bro! posted:

Deep Red Art Originale LE.. just when I'm trying to be on a budget
After missing out on True Romance (I keep thinking all these Arrow UHDs are eventually getting US stateside releases and hold off), I can't not pick up this baby.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
That's like my one saving grace with physical media, I don't really go in for the big fancy collector's editions. I don't care about having the soundtrack or a poster or lobby cards or whatever, and I prefer not to have oversized cases that take up a bunch of room on the shelf.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

hmmm.... nice, but dunno if its an absolute must need. unless there's like a grip of new special features and stuff.

this upcoming US UHD is going to be my fifth copy of the movie so what do I know.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

That's like my one saving grace with physical media, I don't really go in for the big fancy collector's editions. I don't care about having the soundtrack or a poster or lobby cards or whatever, and I prefer not to have oversized cases that take up a bunch of room on the shelf.

Oh for sure, same. I'm going to hold out for the regular edition, I just want that crystal-clear image quality, baby. Otherwise the thing just sits in my cabinet.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

caligulamprey posted:

After missing out on True Romance (I keep thinking all these Arrow UHDs are eventually getting US stateside releases and hold off), I can't not pick up this baby.

I broke down and pre-ordered it. Gotta collect all the Arte Originale LEs. Why? Because I have deep compulsive issues.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

You can't fool me, that is clearly Vertigo. Just look at the cover. :colbert:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Now this is some physical media: https://www.amazon.com/Smallville-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B09BC28HCW?tag=bluray-016-20&linkCode=xm2&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Does it come with a free brand?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Basebf555 posted:

I will occasionally go for something like that if it's a film I really really love, but 99% of the time I just care about having the movie

but The Thing is in fact a film I really really love so I'll probably get that set. lol @ having the 2011 film as a special feature

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The 2011 prequel is cool and good :colbert:

El Duodenum
Dec 27, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Agreed--though I can't watch the movie without being bummed that they CG'd over the original practical effects. Truly a baffling and disappointing decision.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’d love to see a cut with the original effects intact.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

FitFortDanga posted:

In all seriousness, this is the perfect time to reevaluate your collection and your collecting habits. Narrow it down to movies you are realistically going to watch again and jettison the rest. It's just stuff.

Definitely going to weed out a good chunk, probably about 100-150. Probably should make a list in case anyone is interested.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

CGI makes it unwatchable to me

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Egbert Souse posted:

Definitely going to weed out a good chunk, probably about 100-150. Probably should make a list in case anyone is interested.

I am interested. Sell me your poo poo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

U know my address

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Xenomrph posted:

Yep. I don’t think the 2011 is bad in any regard. Just disappointing. It could’ve been so much more and so much cooler if they named it something else. Hell even just call it the Norwegian Expedition or something non-giveaway the ending. Imagine how cool that would’ve been slowly realizing this was a Thing prequel over time, but I guess when you blow a budget on practical and CG effects you just gotta go straight for the throat and let everyone know who may be interested to recoup your costs.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

Yep. I don’t think the 2011 is bad in any regard. Just disappointing. It could’ve been so much more and so much cooler if they named it something else. Hell even just call it the Norwegian Expedition or something non-giveaway the ending. Imagine how cool that would’ve been slowly realizing this was a Thing prequel over time, but I guess when you blow a budget on practical and CG effects you just gotta go straight for the throat and let everyone know who may be interested to recoup your costs.

Yes, but it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of thing. Name it something else, and no one watches it. Name it after one of the best movies of all time and no one watches it. At least with the linked name, you at least know the connection.

TerraCat
Jul 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Speaking of which, is this game any good?

https://www.thegamesteward.com/products/who-goes-there

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

FitFortDanga posted:

In all seriousness, this is the perfect time to reevaluate your collection and your collecting habits. Narrow it down to movies you are realistically going to watch again and jettison the rest. It's just stuff.

I’ve actually been ripping all my stuff to Plex this summer and when I’m finally done I’m just gonna sell off anything I don’t think I’ll ever rewatch.

And since I’m horrible about impulse purchases it’ll be a sale to rival the loving B&N and Warner Archive events combined. :shepface:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Plex is so dope.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Basebf555 posted:

This will not fit on the standard DVD shelf:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Put it in a prominent place and when people ask, tell them it contains the ashes of your ancestor.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Xenomrph posted:

CelticPredator posted:

CGI makes it unwatchable to me

Now this is an Alien vs Predator fight I can get into!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FitFortDanga posted:

This is a good idea but not really necessary until you've completely run out of wall space. Once you've lined every wall in your home with shelves like a Victorian gentleman's library but instead of leatherbound editions of Thucydides it's out of print DVDs of obscure kaiju movies and blurays of movies with names like The Torso Collector, then you should think about cleaning out the chaff a bit so you can make room for more movies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Davros1 posted:

Now this is an Alien vs Predator fight I can get into!

Lmfao

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is that Thing box set available somewhere or just speculation? I've got the 4k ordered on Amazon but I'd throw down on that version if I could.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Xenomrph posted:

I like it actually, I just think it’s kinda funny it’s been relegated to special feature status and not even billed as a double feature or something

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I just realized I hosed up when i ordered the Shawscope boxset from Diabolik. First time ordering from them so I had other things in cart and put in one big order. Guess it'll be a christmas present to myself when it all shows up in December.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

I just realized I hosed up when i ordered the Shawscope boxset from Diabolik. First time ordering from them so I had other things in cart and put in one big order. Guess it'll be a christmas present to myself when it all shows up in December.

Yeah it annoys me a bit they do this, but it makes sense for the shipping cost I guess. I just add $5 to every price before I decide to buy it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1421891238907813889

loving LOL Severin still hasn't said a single thing about Blood for Dracula.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Has anyone gotten their Severin sale order in yet?

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

MacheteZombie posted:

Has anyone gotten their Severin sale order in yet?

Lol no. Blood for Dracula is still holding that up but apparently they got them in the warehouse.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1421891238907813889

loving LOL Severin still hasn't said a single thing about Blood for Dracula.

When you get to the table they put a brick wall in front of it and then a big line of people forms and they keep promising they're going to sort this out soon and that they will totally be selling movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

When you get to the table they put a brick wall in front of it and then a big line of people forms and they keep promising they're going to sort this out soon and that they will totally be selling movies.

When u finally get to pay the credit card machine fails for 30 minutes

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

When u finally get to pay the credit card machine fails for 30 minutes

If you use cash they keep screaming when you try to hand it to them and shove their hands in their pockets.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh man, Massacre Time is a wild ride. All the other Fulci Spaghetti Westerns are now on the to do list.

EDIT: I wrote that literally a minute before they introduced the father/son incest angle. This movie's really going places.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1422534521262592001

I can’t not order Scarface and I only have the dvd.