Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://i.imgur.com/t0mV0vj.mp4

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:swoon:

also: my Bullmark rug came and Lulu likes it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lulu

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

That a weird cat.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Animale posted:

That a weird cat.

Such a weirdo cat.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

also: my Bullmark rug came and Lulu likes it

how sweet, a cat kaiju on top of a kaiju toy company's rug

also, wooloo fatte

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

also, wooloo fatte

:hmmyes:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/CludioDiazmeji1/status/1421419638034997251

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Bob Content

can barely see his collar through the floof but i promise it's there

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

he jump

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
We took the Orange Boy (Solaire) to the vet yesterday. He's always had an underbite that left his upper lips hanging over and somewhat irritated, but it never seemed to bother him. He's been able to eat, play, and rub his face on everything like a normal cat. But recently, when one side started really puffy and irritated, we had to check it out.

Turns out it's an autoimmune disorder called Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex (or Rodent Ulcers). It's also probably why he chews at his paws when he cleans them. He got a steroid shot, and we're scheduling surgery for removal of tissue on the bad side, with the hope that the steroids will take care of it first. We'll have to get him more steroids every four months from now on, but it's worth the money to keep him happy.

Here he is laying on my brother for comfort inbetween time on the vet table, while my bro (wearing his Solaire shirt) looks up the diagnosis

vortmax fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 2, 2021

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Also here is the same dumbass 8 years ago with his sister laying on my brother

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

hbag posted:

Bob Content

can barely see his collar through the floof but i promise it's there

What a beautiful orange boy. :swoon:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

vortmax posted:

We took the Orange Boy (Solaire) to the vet yesterday. He's always had an underbite that left his upper lips hanging over and somewhat irritated, but it never seemed to bother him. He's been able to eat, play, and rub his face on everything like a normal cat. But recently, when one side started really puffy and irritated, we had to check it out.

Turns out it's an autoimmune disorder called Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex (or Rodent Ulcers). It's also probably why he chews at his paws when he cleans them. He got a steroid shot, and we're scheduling surgery for removal of tissue on the bad side, with the hope that the steroids will take care of it first. We'll have to get him more steroids every four months from now on, but it's worth the money to keep him happy.

Here he is laying on my brother for comfort inbetween time on the vet table, while my bro (wearing his Solaire shirt) looks up the diagnosis

Get better Solaire!! What a cute boi

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Get better Solaire!!! I'm glad you guys got a diagnosis you can work off of.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
Hi Bob, I love you.

Shelly status: paws crossed

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Weird bun just ran head first into 2 skunks. Thankfully I had the tie leash on my had and stopped her a good foot away and the skunk just stood there while I pulled her back.

Weird bun is an idiot

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

it's a farlow

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bob

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one of my friends just had to do a kilobuck emergency vet visit. here's a picture I took earlier, a cat who was literally full of poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

get that tums

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
2 seconds late, she snatched a puzzle piece and ran to the living room.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I wonder what they called orange cats before the color orange existed (it was supposedly named after the fruit, not the other way around). :thinkdorm:

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Ofecks posted:

I wonder what they called orange cats before the color orange existed (it was supposedly named after the fruit, not the other way around). :thinkdorm:

Robins are described as "red-breasted" even though they're orange for the same reason, so probably that?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If wikipedia is to be believed, red, saffron and red-yellow were in use.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ofecks posted:

I would assume ginger?

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
My grandma always called them yellow cats, which always confused me as a kid

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell
in denmark orange cats are called red

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bob is teething because he is a loving Baby so he's getting kinda bitey
luckily he never bites me hard enough to break the skin so i dont mind

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Lump about to get her tongue fussed.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

hbag posted:

bob is teething because he is a loving Baby so he's getting kinda bitey
luckily he never bites me hard enough to break the skin so i dont mind
it's cute now, but much less cute in about six months when he's doubled his weight and he does have the potential to break skin, so make a bit of noise when he bites or else you will end up with puncture wounds down the road.

if you don't dissuade certain activities when they're kittens, they'll not pick up on it as adults. don't let Bob grow up thinking that being bitey is a proper way to interact with you.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

kw0134 posted:

it's cute now, but much less cute in about six months when he's doubled his weight and he does have the potential to break skin, so make a bit of noise when he bites or else you will end up with puncture wounds down the road.

if you don't dissuade certain activities when they're kittens, they'll not pick up on it as adults. don't let Bob grow up thinking that being bitey is a proper way to interact with you.

oh yeah i know
i just meant it wasnt like hurting me or anything

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Electric Hobo posted:

2 seconds late, she snatched a puzzle piece and ran to the living room.

She's helping

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
went to go take a nap after lunch today and pepper came over for pets. we ended up snuggling together while she purred :3:

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!
In comments of Japanese cat videos I’ve seen, orange cats with tabby stripes are called ‘tea tigers’.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, I enjoy the ‘impressed cat video’ channel. No talking, no music, just meeting and petting cats in Japan. There seems to be a lot of well fed strays over there…

https://youtube.com/channel/UCftvr4AjFL2vVcF-3dteG2w

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

kw0134 posted:

I had this problem too, through some effort I managed to "teach" my cat that biting is bad. Her personality is on the aggressive side though so she's not shy when it comes to biting to show displeasure, though as she got older she learned to lick my hand as a warning first.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

c bob s:

he chillin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/bloodmajick/status/1422034510477250561?s=21