Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Baron von Eevl posted:

... do you not see how that movie would be viewed as indicating that Weinstein didn't do the things he was accused of? It would come across as hagiography, you get that right?

Yes, that is my point. I agree with Knox, it’s very hosed up that they did this and then hid behind “well, her life was just a jumping off point, of course it’s fiction, no real association was intended.” And nobody would hide behind the “it’s fiction” excuse if they did this with a more culturally charged story. But they are relying on the general perception that she was not really a victim for cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah I realized and edited. Anyway I get the impression that Matt Damon's kind of a scumbag, or maybe he's just trying to generate personal negative publicity to draw controversy away from his scummy movie.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/01/matt-damon-stopped-using-homophobic-slur-f-word-recently/

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah why would you even admit to still using the f slur up until like, summer 2021 lmao
"Yeah so I just stopped yesterday, it was wicked tough!"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"My daughter's like, 'dad, it's 2021, it's not okay to tie a gay man to the back of your truck and drag him for miles through the desert and then leave him dying, tied to fence.' I was all like 'hey it's just a good time don't get so worked up' and then she like went and wrote a paper about it so I'm like 'okay yeah I guess I'll stop doing that now.'"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Daughter having to write a thesis every time her dad fucks up seems like it’s punishing her more

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You don’t perceive this as a possible problem? Hollywood can steal the rough outline of your life events, and do so so blatantly that it’s clear who is being referenced without needing to name them, make millions of dollars off of your story, and you are owed nothing, not money, not an opportunity to provide input, absolutely nothing?

Would this movie exist if Amanda Knox didn’t?

I read the Wikipedia article and it seems pretty different from what happened to Amanda Knox aside from the premise of American student wrongfully accused of murder in a foreign country. If they just changed names and called it a day, that'd be a different story. Although yes, the writer probably should have avoided mentioning her name directly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It sounds like if they just changed the names it would be better

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I read the Wikipedia article and it seems pretty different from what happened to Amanda Knox aside from the premise of American student wrongfully accused of murder in a foreign country. If they just changed names and called it a day, that'd be a different story. Although yes, the writer probably should have avoided mentioning her name directly.

Again, the fictional character of Shmamanda Shmox does things that Amanda Knox was accused of doing, which have also completely dominated the narrative of what actually happened. Her point is "I'm forever associated with terrible things that someone else did to someone else, stop associating my name with those things and also with different terrible things that people already think I did."

It's like putting out a movie about Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS where there actually wasn't a mass shooting, it was all a leftist government conspiracy false flag operation. "Well gee, since that's not what really happened this is totally above-board"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You don’t perceive this as a possible problem? Hollywood can steal the rough outline of your life events, and do so so blatantly that it’s clear who is being referenced without needing to name them, make millions of dollars off of your story, and you are owed nothing, not money, not an opportunity to provide input, absolutely nothing?

Would this movie exist if Amanda Knox didn’t?

Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HIymF9lmkY

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

galagazombie posted:

Article makes it seem like they were removing the elephants anyway as part of modernizing but they realized they could get PR points by saying they were doing it for racism.

That's generally how it happens for most companies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I don't know any of the context but can we get non-racist elephants? Elephants are cool.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't know any of the context but can we get non-racist elephants? Elephants are cool.

It’s time for that colonial gently caress Babar to get what’s coming to him.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Unfortunately there hasn't really been an elephant civil rights movement yet, so yeah it can actually be pretty hard to find non racists elephant.

We can only hope, maybe one day :unsmith:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Funny, or sad, that the guy who made Spotlight is now twisting the facts on a real-life sexual assault (and murder) case

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Clifford spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOkkNpBjYkg

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1421658671633903622

hah. I met Joel Hynek. Dude loves a good smoke

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I like the supposed story about him freaking out from claustrophobia, ripping the head off, and throwing it on the ground, better.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

People upset about Spotlight should definitely not google "Law & Order: SVU" or "Lifetime Original Movie"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People have been making fun of how crass both those are for a long time now

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Tom McCarthy also wrote and directed The Cobbler, so I don't think him being tone-deaf is really that shocking. He also apparently directed the unaired original pilot for Game of Thrones that almost got the series shitcanned until the re-did it with another director so lol

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Casimir Radon posted:

I like the supposed story about him freaking out from claustrophobia, ripping the head off, and throwing it on the ground, better.

Imagining JCVD in that I Think You Should Leave skit makes it even more hilarious.

“There’s too much poo poo on me! I’m gonna rip the head off!”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Xealot posted:

Imagining JCVD in that I Think You Should Leave skit makes it even more hilarious.

“There’s too much poo poo on me! I’m gonna rip the head off!”

*carrying skull and spine*
“Look we’re all trying to find the guy who did this”

Segue
May 23, 2007

Jesus I know it's Ridley Scott and a stacked cast but the House of Gucci trailer looks horrendous. For some reason everyone's doing bad Italian accents and Jared Leto is in old man makeup for no reason.

I hope everyone got paid ridiculous money because it looks like it will be forgotten in a week besides gunning for a costume design award.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Baron von Eevl posted:

Tom McCarthy also wrote and directed The Cobbler, so I don't think him being tone-deaf is really that shocking. He also apparently directed the unaired original pilot for Game of Thrones that almost got the series shitcanned until the re-did it with another director so lol

Holy poo poo lol please tell me that's available to see somewhere

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Neo Rasa posted:

I think there are a couple clips out there, there are a few different actors. I think a couple of brief clips made their way into the final episode, like there's a shot where Sansa ages like 2 years between cuts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Segue posted:

Jesus I know it's Ridley Scott and a stacked cast but the House of Gucci trailer looks horrendous. For some reason everyone's doing bad Italian accents and Jared Leto is in old man makeup for no reason.

I hope everyone got paid ridiculous money because it looks like it will be forgotten in a week besides gunning for a costume design award.

It looks stupid and fun, and I can’t wait. Everyone looks like an idiot as they should bc Gucci poo poo is idiotic

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fPgIIB67bw

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

It's apparently so embarassing the guys that gave you Season 8 won't let anyone see it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wepfTW5pMQ

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
...wait, the new #girlboss Cinderella is a jukebox musical on top of everything else? and it stars James Corden in a supporting role?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1NeHRuPpoM

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
That sounds loving dire

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

You would think after corden and rebel Wilson trashed their own film publicly in the Oscar's the industry would hesitate to hire them for any film role again

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

You would think after corden and rebel Wilson trashed their own film publicly in the Oscar's have never been funny, the industry would hesitate to hire them for any film role again

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
when I try to think of who rebel wilson is I just picture that guy from little britain

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I suppose Corden's show gets decent ratings or whatever, but he's not a big star, he's a VERY limited actor, and from all accounts is unpleasant to work with. I'm not sure why he's considered a go-to.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

male ellen

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Last I checked, Corden doesn't even get good ratings, though I assume netowrks are now considering things like YouTube views too. Even then I'm not sure how well he's doing there.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
James Corden is aggressively anti-comedy and I long for the days of Craig Ferguson in that time slot.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Stink Billyums posted:

when I try to think of who rebel wilson is I just picture that guy from little britain

Wasn't he her costar in Bridesmaids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I don’t understand the massive hatred for Corden and Wilson.

It really disturbs me that even relatively progressive websites and podcasters can have this must hatred for people simply because they have annoying mannerisms.