Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

is it really so much to ask that this plague do what it was put on this earth to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/LeftAtLondon/status/1421917175586066436?s=19

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

where do they expect to find 100K+ new renters all at the same time besides the other people just kicked out

well that's the only possible end game here

just tens of thousands of tenants playing musical apartments for a year till we get back to normal give or take a few thousand new homeless

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

"Senator's houseboat" is a very cursed setting.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Gripweed posted:

"Senator's houseboat" is a very cursed setting.

Joe Manchins boat of horny

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

where do they expect to find 100K+ new renters all at the same time besides the other people just kicked out

maybe the sad lil' landlords will get some unquestioned emergency help from the government

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

hey hey what can I piss

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bearjew posted:

bitches leave

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nice dune is on hbo max

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
*enthusiastically* uhhhh tiurmp!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Apraxin posted:

trump: "trump", thanks to trump, in support of trump

I am pleased to see the entire party benefit from “Trump.”

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1422359088193736706

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Is it dire straits souper!? Is it sultans that you are looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcXHGxmzwW4

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1421952928106139649?s=20

Joe Biden is finished

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/DanielLarison/status/1422361716390760452

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/brahmresnik/status/1422343171342704640?s=20

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1422351300738510848?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This is discrimination.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

You would think the police unions would be against this. I think drunk driving is a huge moneymaker.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

lol I got alec’s QCS thread shut down with my crappy covers

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Love that constitution

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Substandard posted:

You would think the police unions would be against this. I think drunk driving is a huge moneymaker.

this is congresses way of defunding the police

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Schmoe Cwead posted:

this is congresses way of defunding the police

They will probably put in some offsets to make up for lost cop revenue.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
In 2019, lawmakers told Reuters that automakers could use devices that would determine a driver's blood alcohol level by their touching the steering wheel or engine start button, or could install sensors that would passively monitor a driver's breath or eye-movements.

this is fantasy land stuff

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lol. The lack of self awareness is just incredible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“passively monitor”

lmao

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

FistEnergy posted:

this just popped into my head randomly today and I immediately had to verify it wasn't a fever dream

https://youtu.be/DG0vGFQXE7A

unbelievable trimp, how could I have forgotten. put it in the hall of fame asap

he’s good folks

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

is it the county or the state that collects people's dui penalties?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Idaho Falls police officer indicted in fatal shooting of man standing in yard

quote:

IDAHO FALLS — A grand jury has indicted an Idaho Falls Police Department officer for shooting a man who was in his own backyard during a February manhunt.

Elias Aurelio Cerdas, a 26-year-old officer who graduated from training less than a year before the shooting, was indicted Friday on a charge of felony involuntary manslaughter. The Feb. 8 shooting left Joseph “Joe” Johnson, a father of four, dead behind his house.

Cerdas was not arrested after being charged but was issued a summons for his arraignment at the Bonneville County Courthouse on Aug. 23. The Idaho Attorney General’s Office is prosecuting the case after the Bonneville County Prosecutor’s Office handed it over for unspecified reasons.

The manhunt began when a Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office deputy pulled over Tanner Shoesmith, 22, for a broken taillight a few blocks from Johnson’s home on the corner of Tendoy and Syringa drives. The suspect ran from deputies and began jumping fences as more deputies and Idaho Falls Police officers arrived in the area.

Police say a resident on Holbrook Drive spotted the suspect running through a yard and believed he was carrying a gun. That information was then conveyed to officers on their radios. As police searched for Shoesmith, they learned that he had several warrants for his arrest and a violent history with law enforcement, including a warrant for felony battery on an officer.

Another Idaho Falls Police officer spoke with Johnson, saying they were looking for a person who ran from a traffic stop and would be in the neighborhood.

A short time later, GPS coordinates from Shoesmith’s phone placed him in Johnson’s backyard, leading police to surround the home and draw their weapons.

As officers moved in, police said they heard yelling and then found a man — Johnson — in a black shirt carrying a gun.

Little is publicly known about the exact moments of the shooting. The Idaho Falls Police Department has said Johnson was wearing a black shirt — the same color as the suspect — when Cerdas pulled the trigger. Police have also said that Johnson had a gun and that an officer told him to drop it.

Shoesmith was found that night hiding in a shed on Linden Drive, a block over from the officer-involved shooting. He was arrested and booked into the Bonneville County Jail. He later posted bail and was released. Shoesmith has pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor resisting arrest charge stemming from the incident. A trial date has not been set.

Cerdas faces up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine if convicted.

The Idaho Attorney General’s Office said its policy is to not comment on pending cases. The Idaho Falls Police Department issued the following statement following news of the indictment:

“The Idaho Falls Police Department has always and continues to recognize the human tragedy in this incident, especially for the Johnson family. Along with the rest of our community, all of us at IFPD hope and pray for them and wish this had never happened. The Idaho Falls Police Department thanks the Idaho State Police and other law enforcement agencies that conducted the investigation as part of the Critical Incident Task Force. It is a professional, thorough, and unbiased investigation which followed established and proven protocols and procedures and reports the facts.

“While the Attorney Generals Office’s review of the investigation has been irregular and seemingly arbitrary, we have full faith in the criminal justice system and the great people of Idaho Falls who will ultimately decide the outcome of this case. ... Until the process is completed, Officer Cerdas will remain with the Idaho Falls Police Department. He will be on limited duties which do not include public contact or the use of police authority.”

Idaho Falls Mayor Rebecca Casper released the following statement:

“As always, we understand the importance of allowing this to work its way through the appropriate legal processes. We put our trust in the American system of justice and are committed to cooperating fully as this case proceeds. We hope that calm and reason can prevail as the facts come out and are deliberated.”

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Pamela Springstein posted:

In 2019, lawmakers told Reuters that automakers could use devices that would determine a driver's blood alcohol level by their touching the steering wheel or engine start button, or could install sensors that would passively monitor a driver's breath or eye-movements.

yeah this is fingerprint ids on guns level sci-fi

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

theyre just getting started

smart contracts will be able to lock you out of your car or house when you miss a payment

theyll sell them to the public as expanding access to credit for people with low scores

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

This sounds like complete bullshit, but ignition interlock devices are real. Haven't you ever had to blow in a friend's car so it would start?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Nonsense posted:

is it the county or the state that collects people's dui penalties?

depends on who gives u the ticket

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
raised by wolves fukkin owns

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

America not great

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bethamphetamine posted:

Ohio's 15th Congressional District is bespoke meticulously gerrymandered.

If Trump's preferred nominee loses it is absolutely an indictment of Trump, personally.

So you’re saying, it will matter.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ex post facho posted:

raised by wolves fukkin owns

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Rah! posted:

eyyy i got some landlord assistance right here :thermidor:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

SENATOR DETECTED! ALL LIMITS HAVE BEEN LIFTED!

ENJOY YOUR DRIVE, MR KENNEDY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!