Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Achmed Jones posted:

you cant pin me down, i contain multitudes
It's true. They're all in love and they're up his butt.

He has a polyculo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

waking up and taking a sip from my comically large gamer mug only to see a private message telling me what I apparently think about my own situation

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Vintersorg posted:

yeah, it was a bit much.

it's pretty chill in here normally and then that happened and that avatar aint helpin em - i was like - step off

I dropped it, so. I don't see the point in restarting the discussion.

The av definitely isn't helping but I wouldn't expect anyone not used to these insufferable fuckers understand the eery way brain disorders shape behavior in nonsensical patterns. Most of that is describing my experience with the symptoms of the disorders they already have a diagnosis for. Well, some of it. The entire experience would take weeks of posting to get across.

The whole "waste your time on nonsense, looking like you're capable of going to bed even to yourself and choose not to, only you're incapable of making that choice" poo poo keeps repeating, it's a well-documented symptom. I know just how frustrating it is, and that frustration most definitely comes across in my posting.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lets just chill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

He has a polyculo

:vince:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Whenever hbag isn't here, all the other posters should be asking "where's hbag?"

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

loving agreed. Thinking or talking about these problems except with a professional isn't doing me any favors either.

Can't stop tilting at windmills though can I.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cls: got a couple bonuses today, cool

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

cinci zoo sniper posted:

when i eat handheld food like burgers or club sandwiches, ill always eat all the fries before taking even a single bite out of the main course

same. the fries must be consumed first, lest they become tepid shadows of their formally tasty selves.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep posted:

same. the fries must be consumed first, lest they become tepid shadows of their formally tasty selves.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo Rockpalast put up the entire ZZ Top set from 1980

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH4hCeJrs44

Their youtube channel is filled with shows of all types - check em out, great background vids when workin

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

man i got things i wanna do
i wanna write that thing to keep track of how my internet's doing and i also gotta wait a few more days before i can apply for an invitation to this other private tracker

i should probably work on yosbbs and that signature badge i made too
maybe even a tampermonkey script or something

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Armitag3 posted:

Checking if fart simpson is still sleeping

don't reply to this if you are, fart

thank you. hold your applause

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hbag posted:

man i got things i wanna do
i wanna write that thing to keep track of how my internet's doing and i also gotta wait a few more days before i can apply for an invitation to this other private tracker

i should probably work on yosbbs and that signature badge i made too
maybe even a tampermonkey script or something

no start a new project

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

hbag get your pilots license

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's a solid idea. i went flying today and it was very pleasant.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hbag your next project can be learning how to butter toast properly

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sagebrush posted:

that's a solid idea. i went flying today and it was very pleasant.

pics plz

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i didn't take any. just practicing different types of takeoffs and landings for a bit to stay sharp.

here is the flight track though

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

that's so cool

one day i want to go up in a small plane with someone and feel what it's like at the front. it must be better than being in a giant airline, eh?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
What happened on that one wide pattern?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

CPColin posted:

looks like he crashed. rip

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think it's certainly better than being in the back of an airliner, yes.

the most dramatic differences my passengers have commented on are how quick a takeoff is (maybe 10 seconds from lining up until you're airborne); the much wider view of everything around you; how sharp and detailed things look from the low altitude you're flying; and that experiencing a landing from the front seat is nerve-wracking because it looks and feels like you're flying straight into the ground.

(which you are, i guess. you just have to flatten out and pull up at exactly the right moment)

see if there's a flight school in your area! usually they have something called a "discovery flight" that costs like $150-200 where they put you in the left seat with an instructor and you go up and basically do the first lesson.

CPColin posted:

a faster plane was coming in from the right side of the image, so the controller had me turn to slot in behind them.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 3, 2021

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
my sisters husbands dad has a flight rated aurplane without a fuselage and i have basically made it one of my minor sidequests in life to never get on that thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

like a spaceframe ultralight?

i encountered a guy flying something like that without a radio at a very congested airport. technically legal, but stupid.

depending on the specific design you might not even need a pilot's license to operate one of those, though without a license you basically can't fly over any buildings or built-up areas or into any controlled airports or at night or with passengers and on and on.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i didn't take any. just practicing different types of takeoffs and landings for a bit to stay sharp.

here is the flight track though

no ring

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

that is the ring

the gaping rear end in a top hat was in the plane

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

lament.cfg posted:

that is the ring

:rms:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Vintersorg posted:

that's so cool

one day i want to go up in a small plane with someone and feel what it's like at the front. it must be better than being in a giant airline, eh?

yes. it’s nice to see where u r going.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the only flying things i care about are motherfuckin airships!!!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
oh man imagine if you dropped your iPhone

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sniep posted:

oh man imagine if you dropped your iPhone

people who fly those use android

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

President Beep posted:

yes. it’s nice to see where u r going.
Not always. When I'm going down on ur mom I want to see as little as possible.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Not always. When I'm going down in ur mom I want to see as little as possible.

i’m gonna get you!!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

lament.cfg posted:

that is the ring

lol

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

President Beep posted:

i’m gonna get you!!!!
Jesus, she carried you for nine months, the least you can do is wait until I've finished getting her off

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0NdwzdOLkE

tbh I would enjoy this a lot more without all the self-satisfied guffawing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lament.cfg posted:

that is the ring

lol

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Sagebrush posted:

a faster plane was coming in from the right side of the image, so the controller had me turn to slot in behind them.

I probably should have been able to guess that haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lament.cfg posted:

that is the ring

:eyepop: