Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Has anyone not contributed yet

the accused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yolo.

##vote: Merk

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Cardamom lead the way back to the central hub. Behind him, everyone exchanged looks and whispers as he forged on oblivious. By the time they made it back, Cardamom turned around to face the group and found a hostile party awaiting him. They fell on him instantly, with no quarter given. He was mostly alive when the gurney-bot arrived to deliver him to forced cryo-storage.

merk(lakehouse form), Alex "Cardamom" Rakotobe, Town JOAT was executed day four!

quote:

I'm not alright
I'm not alright
I'm really not up for the fight
Slow it down
Slow it down, down, down
Slow it down
Slow it down, down, down.

night actions 😡

Votecount for Day 4

merk (5): Bifauxnen, Infinitum, the holy poopacy, Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (3): Maerlyn, merk, t a s t e

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 04th, 2021 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖒 𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖒 𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞 𝖇𝖔𝖉𝖞. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓 𝖎𝖘 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉. 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖓𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖓𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖗. 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖋𝖊𝖜𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖜𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖘𝖔𝖔𝖓 𝖎𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖓𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖆𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖈𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖔 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊.

t a s t e, Curtis "Cilantro" Oberman, Town JOAT died night five!

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (6): Bifauxnen, Infinitum, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, the holy poopacy

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 04th, 2021 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

quote:

Call me John the Ripper tearing at your skin
One day I'll pay for this, for now
Just let me in

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh what in the gently caress

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Alright maybe let’s not turbo today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Poopacy whatcha got for me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think it’s Plastic or Bif for me today. Idk. I should probably go back and reread and not just sit in autopilot.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Poopacy whatcha got for me

I watched Plastic and got nothin', I had figured scum would be aiming for an unclaimed night action over a used up JOAT claim

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm just gonna come out with this so I can figure out if I need to bother thinking or not today, I do not wanna be near this LYLO with a ten foot pole

My JOAT is one shot doctor, one shot RB. I doc'd Poopacy on N3, but last night I blocked Taste so gently caress my life lol

If you're gonna turbo me my thoughts off the top of my head are that it's Poopacy after all and the galaxy brain is real, but if you don't turbo me by the time I get off work, I will bother to think through it more carefully

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm willing to slow down a bit and actually think this round, but I feel like it just has to be Bif at this point.

Poopacy's confirmed lookout because they called all visitors on Sandwolf correctly. Maerlyn couldn't have done it because the masonry is back online and that takes a night action. Sandwolf's mod confirmed. Infinitum lead the charge to turbo CirclMaster right out of the game.

Meanwhile Bif supposedly used a roleblock on the dead guy who claimed to be a used up JOAT, and that Bif had already stated that she believed the claim back on day 3.

Also may as well come out with it. I'm a full time Doctor. Was on Poopacy N1, Gulag N2, and then switched over to Sandwolf N3 because I figured scum would go for the confirmed townie, but they must have realized protection was around and doubled back to Gulag again.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Meanwhile Bif supposedly used a roleblock on the dead guy who claimed to be a used up JOAT, and that Bif had already stated that she believed the claim back on day 3.

Yeah. That's why I voted merk instead. When merk flipped town though, Taste was the logical one to block.

(PS merk I don't care that you're dead town)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

No turbos, let poor somber rest.

I think Plastic looks the scummiest, even being watched maybe it was a ninja kill. There's a lot of evidence suggesting Plastic is scum that I can't get into right now (going to bed) but Plastic was looking likely for D1 until it flipped to IA. I'd like to go back and look at that closer. Has Plastic claimed yet?

Other than that, Bif is my second thought but I would need to reread. I'm not interested in making any hasty decisions.

Oh and town did merk dirty.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Oh I see he did claim...I don't know how I feel about that.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah. That's why I voted merk instead. When merk flipped town though, Taste was the logical one to block.

Yeah see that's what I don't believe. You've been on me pretty consistently for most of the game and I still had not claimed, plus had just hammered merk. I don't believe for a second that taste would have been your choice there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yeah see that's what I don't believe. You've been on me pretty consistently for most of the game and I still had not claimed, plus had just hammered merk. I don't believe for a second that taste would have been your choice there.

Taste staying off the hammer trying to look all reasonable and let someone else do it, I figured

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh gently caress me what if it's four scum and this is already LYLO

That can't be right right, that'd be a good number if there was no SK but with an SK it seems a bit much

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I dunno. I am not sure about turboing Bif. i am :thunk:ing real hard at Infinitum.

at this point cult can probably be safely ruled out because I think we'd be dead by now.

I know I am town (you are welcome to disbelieve me if you want)

I am willing to believe Sandwolf is town because gently caress this dumb game otherwise

Nobody has counterclaimed Plastic's doc claim, and there appears to have been a successful doc N2 that I can't account for otherwise, and his visit to Sandwolf the other night appears to have been benign. Even if he was a nonlethal scum PR I don't know why they would waste a rolecop or roleblock on modconfirmed claimed miller. I trust Plastic.

I mostly trust Maerlyn. Ecco cop is a weird role and well suited to mastermind plays. But Maerlyn did implicate CirclMastr and has had multiple apparently benign visits, and the same logic above applies to Maerlyn's Sandwolf visit.

So that leaves Bif or Infinitum. Neither one has a meaningful claim. I'm not sure I trust how much of a pass Infinitum is receiving at this late stage. I was fine assuming town early on but now that everybody has been copped it's time to reexamine things.

Bif what makes you think it's LYLO? Even if we started with 4 scum, we'd be at 4 town and 2 scum and could stall a day to force scum to narrow it down by 1.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MYLO is as good as LYLO imo, I believe you should always just suck it up and make the decision then instead of letting scum kill off whoever's towniest first

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

MYLO is as good as LYLO imo, I believe you should always just suck it up and make the decision then instead of letting scum kill off whoever's towniest first

We got a doc and a watcher, I like those odds :shrug:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
also I know town is loaded for bear but 2 godfathers seems kind of excessive

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There has to be a godfather, right? Everyone still alive in the game has been copped?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
wait gently caress if Maerlyn is lying there don't have to be any godfathers, let alone 2

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the holy poopacy posted:

We got a doc and a watcher, I like those odds :shrug:

That's the thing that gets me though, so far we've had a poisoner SK with no ninja ability mentioned. We've had a scum who did have ninja and jugg and another scum that got to take someone with em when they died but otherwise had no ability to actually maneuver around all this:

One-shot hide from Toal working like a self-doc
One-shot watch from Toal
One-shot track from Taste
One-shot cop from Taste
One-shot each of Doc/bodyguard/BP from merk
Gulag's paint thing whatever working on all corpses
Persistent RB from Sub Rosa
Sandwolf activating later as confirmed town

And that's before I even factor in my own doc and block one-shots that y'all can't verify yet. And the persistent watching. And the ecco cop. And the party host.

Whether it's one or two scum left they have got to have something absolutely bonkers.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh and Plastic claiming persistent doc now too lol

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
oh poo poo, I forgot about one shot doc from Merk. that does make me marginally less confident on Plastic; he conveniently didn't claim doc until after Merk died. I still don't know what he was doing on Sandwolf N3 though, that visit makes more sense as doc than scum

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
eh piss, I'm going to bed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Plastic full list of night action targets

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the holy poopacy posted:

wait gently caress if Maerlyn is lying there don't have to be any godfathers, let alone 2

I feel I should mention that the last Somber game I played in, I was scum who was an EccoCop. In that case there was a competing scum team to find, so I really had a genuine EccoCop ability. I don't think that can still be possible after all, to have two separate teams, but Maerlyn has been consistently pitching that idea.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

Plastic full list of night action targets

Already posted them but

N1: Poopacy
N2: Gulag
N3: Sandwolf (Confirmed by both Poopacy and Taste)
N4: Sandwolf

It's why I've been so cagey the last couple of days about actually outing myself. I should have just outed with it yesterday, yeah, but I had figured the game was just about over anyways.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Poopacy's confirmed lookout because they called all visitors on Sandwolf correctly. Maerlyn couldn't have done it because the masonry is back online and that takes a night action. Sandwolf's mod confirmed. Infinitum lead the charge to turbo CirclMaster right out of the game.

Hm this bugged me though,

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 3

CirclMastr (6): GulagDolls, Bifauxnen, Sub Rosa, Infinitum, merk, the holy poopacy
Maerlyn (1): Sandwolf
Bifauxnen (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (4): CirclMastr, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, t a s t e

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 03rd, 2021 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

SANDWOLF is confirmed NOT-MAFIA.

Inf was definitely the one pushing the most for the turbo to happen now now NOW but, by the time he did it, Maerlyn had done the big claim and everyone had pretty much decided it just had to be Circl or Sub Rosa voted out that day.

Ugh that's a bit too much effort for Maerlyn to bus like that after all though, I think

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Inf would make the most sense with normal night actions. I think there's got to be something huge we're missing though since this game is allegedly not supposed to be solvable through night actions, yet we got a LOT of night actions.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

the holy poopacy posted:

that'd be a dumb fake cop claim from me (especially when practically everyone has a cop one shot) and especially to say almost everyone checked out as NOT MAFIA. That's why we have to rely on reads/votes from the past few days.

I didn't cop Circl or Rosa before they both died, Sandwolf on N3 I did get a MAFIA result on...Sandwolf's "I'm just a miller I have no night actions" seems a little suspect, have we had any vanilla type flips at all? I know I know, mod confirmed....it just feels odd.

Bifauxnen posted:

I feel I should mention that the last Somber game I played in, I was scum who was an EccoCop. In that case there was a competing scum team to find, so I really had a genuine EccoCop ability. I don't think that can still be possible after all, to have two separate teams, but Maerlyn has been consistently pitching that idea.

You dropped these seeds you're trying to plant, saying "consistently pitching" when I think I mentioned it once...I looked up cult leader yesterday after taste mentioned a cult thinking it could provide some info (I'm not familiar with some of the more out there mafia roles, I had no idea what an eccocop was etc).
Out of the remaining players (Bifauxnen, Infinitum, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, the holy poopacy) Sandwolf is the only one I have a MAFIA result on. If he's to be believed than someone is a godfather or also self aligned.

Between Bif, Inf, Plastic...I'm not quite sure who the last scum is (if it turns out to be Sandwolf after all gently caress this game lol).
I thought Inf had some reasonable reads earlier in the game but this last day was a big whiff, I'm not sure why he thought merk was scummy so I'd like to hear more about his thinking there.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I worded this badly (it's almost 3 AM, I should NOT still be awake):

We have 6 players left; I think scum is a godfather or there were/are two self aligned players.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost::ghost:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

You dropped these seeds you're trying to plant, saying "consistently pitching" when I think I mentioned it once...I looked up cult leader yesterday after taste mentioned a cult thinking it could provide some info (I'm not familiar with some of the more out there mafia roles, I had no idea what an eccocop was etc).

Sorry if I've mischaracterised you, I just remember you going on about it back during the big EccoCop reveal when you had all the thread's attention, and wondering why you were banging that drum at all when there was already all that to deal with. (I also thought there was an explicit statement of there being no alignment changes this game, which made it extra eyeroll, but double-checking the OP reveals there was not.)

I do think you wouldn't just make up a claim that big. I kinda want it to be you though cause that would be the funniest explanation for why things are so nuts. I usually expect EccoCops to be more of a passive sensor kind of role rather than literally visiting every single person on their lists, so if all along you could have been doing like 5 night actions at once that'd be hilarious lol

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey, Infnitum, any thoughts on the matter?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##vote Bif

I think merk was onto you and Plastic is right that you do seem a lot more passive in this game. If I'd been given the opportunity I would have voted for you last night as well.

If it's not you then Inf would be my second choice. I don't think we have two scum left (two godfathers seems like a stretch) but I thought Inf sounded pretty off base with the merk vote.

I feel like town is possibly in a good place, even if there are 2 scum somehow that's 4-2 with a doc and watcher. I should have fought harder that we listen to Gulag, they were dropping hints all over the place.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hey, Infnitum, any thoughts on the matter?

Yeah this will probably take a proper reread at this point, as I thought we were on a sure thing with the 3 turbos in a row.
taste was 100% my next inline pick for voting, but they've flipped town so I'm hesitant.

I'm also going to take the evening away from the game, as I'm particularly angry with regards to the current state of covid situation here in Sydney - So I don't want to bring that energy into the game atm, as I agree we're approaching endgame.

At face value I will probably circle back to this post:

the holy poopacy posted:

Maerlyn and PlasticAutomaton were both visiting Sandwolf last night.

With Merk + Taste dead that leaves the remaining third person, Bif, as the likely scum candidate in my eyes.

Again I will likely do a proper read when my heads in the game tomorrow, but that's where I'm at currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Yeah this will probably take a proper reread at this point, as I thought we were on a sure thing with the 3 turbos in a row.
taste was 100% my next inline pick for voting, but they've flipped town so I'm hesitant.

I'm also going to take the evening away from the game, as I'm particularly angry with regards to the current state of covid situation here in Sydney - So I don't want to bring that energy into the game atm, as I agree we're approaching endgame.

I sympathize with this sentiment a lot as my wife & I have been dealing with the same over here--but it's also awfully convenient to duck conversation.

pushing the turbo yesterday was pretty fishy, although it gets into WIFOM "would scum be this scummy?" territory
I don't like that you were pushing taste yesterday - their claims were not super confirmatory but they do seem to have been pro-town
still not thrilled that you came out D1 with a "soft" PGO claim that you really wanted to treat as a PGO except please don't treat it as PGO

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh gently caress me what if it's four scum and this is already LYLO

That can't be right right, that'd be a good number if there was no SK but with an SK it seems a bit much

on the other hand I hate that Bif is simultaneously super concerned about the possibility that we are in MYLO and also pushing for us to treat it as LYLO. if Bif is the lone remaining scum then the odds on night action roulette are not looking good for her and it makes sense that she would want us to misvote townies off at all costs.

right now my feeling for scum is Bif > Infi > Maer but Bif's resistance to no-voting makes me wonder if that might not be the way to go.