Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i smoke cigarettes and for health reasons i totally want to quit but is there any other vices that give me an excuse to go outside and away from my kids for awhile? i also smoke a ton of weed but thats not gonna change lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
quit cigs after college when i didnt want to be the guy that smelled like cigs in the office. never looked back.

i smoke weed sometimes but usually just hit my weed pen. i have a fancy bong that lives in my closed that i break out when i want to get blasted though.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I tried quitting with vaping but now vaping makes me cough a lot and I hate it so I wound up buying cigarettes again which don't hurt my lungs as much and now I feel ultra dumb and hyper addicted to everything and I'ma try to quit it in October at an ayahuasca ceremony

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I've never smoked cigarettes and have probably smoked weed less than 10 times in my life. The times I did smoke weed I mostly just ended up laughing until I puked and then crawling into a dark room and waiting to come down. I've had much better luck with edibles, although I've probably had those fewer than 10 times in my life too.

It's legal to possess here in VA now but I think it's still illegal to buy or sell it or some stupid poo poo like that. Once dispensaries are a thing here (2024 if I remember right) I'll probably indulge again.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i would smoke if it wouldnt give me cancer and lung tar

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Yeah, but it's like I told the doctor once when she said I should try giving it up. Alcohol was going to kill me quicker than tobacco - at one stage I was drinking a bottle of spirits a day, sometimes more. She agreed with me that I needed to prioritize. Also being almost 40 means it's going to be mostly downhill from here on - so yeah, I should really, really give it up. Especially since I smoke hand rolling tobacco with no filters. And this duty-free stuff I'm getting right now, well, I have a strong suspicion that it's all the crap that gets leftover and swept from the floor.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Smoked Marlboro reds for 20 years and quit. It's not easy, but you sure can do it with the encouragement from you family/social group. It especially helps if you have a young daughter that reminds you of one of the important reasons you'd be quitting :)

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

hbag posted:

i would smoke if it wouldnt give me cancer and lung tar

Same

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Nah it's gross dude

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i smoke a ton of weed lmao

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Used to smoke a pack a day, quit and had it stick a few years back. You're not gonna quit unless you really want to, so you might want to find another excuse to get away for small amounts of time.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4LRsn3Eg-o

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

i smoke cigarettes and for health reasons i totally want to quit but is there any other vices that give me an excuse to go outside and away from my kids for awhile? i also smoke a ton of weed but thats not gonna change lol

Get a weber grill on Craigslist and start smoking the real way

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

20 Blunts posted:

i smoke a ton of weed lmao

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I quit smoking it'll be 2 years this October. I smoked for 20+ years and loved it. I still miss it pretty much every day and I've discovered to my great sadness that smoking was intimately tied with my art process. That's when I super crave it, when I'm doing any kind of art.

But I'll tell you I did it for vanity really more than anything I'm just being honest and that's why I'm going to stay the course. All of a sudden I started aging and thought oh my God these are going to make me look older and that's what made me able to quit and stay quit, no relapse.

My point is you need a real reason--- a reason that really matters to you. It can be your health, it can be your kids, whatever.

If you decide you really don't want to smoke it's not hard to quit. And I'm going to say why really quick in this and it's going to be too long of a post. :jerry: The physical withdrawals last maybe like a week at most. Who gives a poo poo it's like you're sick or something. You might sleep lovely for a month. Anything after a couple days pretty much it's just all in your head. I knew that. The Carr book that people talk about is all about how it's just in your head and it's worth getting just to read that in black and white. So I just ate the hell out of raw vegetables for a couple months and told myself it's in your head and I was able to quit. Anyone is welcome to PM me to talk about quitting smoking if they want.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I quit smoking cigarettes almost two years ago now and I really believe it was the impetus of me just, in general, taking much better care of my physical health.

I...uh....also smoke a ton of weed....

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Literally A Person posted:

I quit smoking cigarettes almost two years ago now and I really believe it was the impetus of me just, in general, taking much better care of my physical health.

did you quit cold turkey or use an assistive wespon of some kind such as nicotine blow darts or a kukri that instead of cutting you in half reieves your nicotine cravings

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
no

smoking is dumb lmao

but i also get that addiction sucks and i hope smoking addicts itt can kick the habit

believe in your own justice

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sid Vicious posted:

did you quit cold turkey or use an assistive wespon of some kind such as nicotine blow darts or a kukri that instead of cutting you in half reieves your nicotine cravings

Just kind of stopped. My kiddo kind of made me. I knew I started smoking because the adults in my life all smoked when I was a kid so I just kind of gathered the gumption, cut back over a month or so and just stopped.

I don't even really get cravings anymore which is nice.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I'm a cigar man. About 10 a month or so.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Just kind of stopped. My kiddo kind of made me. I knew I started smoking because the adults in my life all smoked when I was a kid so I just kind of gathered the gumption, cut back over a month or so and just stopped.

I don't even really get cravings anymore which is nice.

yeah my kids are my biggest reason for wanting to quit, my parents and all of their siblings and then my older brothers all smoked and thats why i started

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sid Vicious posted:

yeah my kids are my biggest reason for wanting to quit, my parents and all of their siblings and then my older brothers all smoked and thats why i started

It's such a lovely self-perpetuating cycle.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I would have never thought you were a smoker. I also never thought you would have enjoyed weed so much. I thought your posting style just sort of came to you naturally.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i like to smoke weed but i think eating it is better. im currently moving just to get that sweet sweet legal weed. i also smoked my kratom the first time i ever tried it when i was like 17 because im a huge moron.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

i like to smoke weed but i think eating it is better. im currently moving just to get that sweet sweet legal weed. i also smoked my kratom the first time i ever tried it when i was like 17 because im a huge moron.

lmfao

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Valko posted:

I would have never thought you were a smoker. I also never thought you would have enjoyed weed so much. I thought your posting style just sort of came to you naturally.

I'm a complex individual. :hai:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Sid Vicious posted:

Jogging would give you that excuse.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
you could also roll joints and smoke those outside, away from yr kids

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

good (:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I smoke dick!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

how donyou keep it lit!!!!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I tried a cigarette twice in my life. Each time I took the slightest puff and instantly thought it was the most horrible taste. Just awful. And I coughed and my mouth felt gross. I asked everyone why they would want to do that and they always responded with, "We don't but we can't stop."

And that's super depressing :(

Also my friend used Champix and they said it sucked but now they don't smoke and don't feel the urge most times and when they do they can control it. They felt sick and grumpy when they were on it but they said it was so worth the shittiness to stop smoking so maybe try that!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I do huge bong rips of pipe tobacco it's like smoking 300 cigarettes a day. i call it hyper smoking

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Tom Gorman posted:

I do huge bong rips of pipe tobacco it's like smoking 300 cigarettes a day. i call it hyper smoking

people in my geographic region pack tobacco anc weed in bongs and just smoke huge rips all in one and they call them poppers but that means nitryl amate or whatever to everyone who doesnt live in guelph and area and so thats my story about the worst poo poo ever

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I smoke fools like you on the basketball court

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

2 packs a day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy