Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Also I wish Otto good luck because the "take a minimum from the Warriors to jolt my career" hasn't worked for Oubre or Cousins or Willie Caulie Stein or Glenn Robinson III

dragan bender too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Otto has looked done for two straight years after the back problems. I hope he has a great year

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Loving this new Brad-based front office. It feels very on brand.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1422421166891880463?s=19

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jake Fischer: Spencer Dinwiddie is nearing an agreement with the Washington Wizards that will pay roughly $60 million over three years, per league sources. Talks are still ongoing in their Los Angeles meeting

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

LeBron trying to get Melo and Russ a championship instead of CP3 is very exciting.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Just saw the Nuggets signed Jeff Green. Pretty indifferent to it although he had some good moments last year with the Nets. More importantly, does this complete his quest to play for all 30 teams?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jake Fischer: Spencer Dinwiddie is nearing an agreement with the Washington Wizards that will pay roughly $60 million over three years, per league sources. Talks are still ongoing in their Los Angeles meeting

Their plan to build around Beal is to sign another shooting guard?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Thank goodness. Low key the best player besides Fox last year. Had me nervous. I called that $14/4 too! Makes sense they’d have to give him some control and further incentives to get him to stay.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

When LeBron drags Russ and Melo to a ring you have to give in and consider him the goat, right?

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Their plan to build around Beal is to sign another shooting guard?

Dinwiddie can and has played the 1

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 3, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
According to Bob Marks the Wizards are going to have to send back Kuzma and Montrez to get the Dinwiddie trade done. He is wrong a lot but sometimes he’s right and if he is right about this the Lakers really slammed the window on themselves.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

According to Bob Marks the Wizards are going to have to send back Kuzma and Montrez to get the Dinwiddie trade done. He is wrong a lot but sometimes he’s right and if he is right about this the Lakers really slammed the window on themselves.

Yeah, I'd rather have KCP and Dinwiddie over just Westbrook

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

AggressivelyStupid posted:

When LeBron drags Russ and Melo to a ring you have to give in and consider him the goat, right?

Dinwiddie can and has played the 1

Melo would probably have a ring if he stayed in Denver, but yeah LeBron rocks. Who cares if he can play the 1? He's basically a less skilled Bradley Beal. Dumb signing.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

The Maestro posted:

Thank goodness. Low key the best player besides Fox last year. Had me nervous. I called that $14/4 too! Makes sense they’d have to give him some control and further incentives to get him to stay.

It's less than that, it's 4/48, the max the King's could offer him. The tweet included his potential trade bonus, lol.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
loving lmao Ricky Rubio turning into goddamn Steph Curry in International play

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Getting out from Westbrook’s deal and jumping on a new Dinwiddie deal. I guess when some people drop 30 pounds they go to a buffet to celebrate

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

tanglewood1420 posted:

It's less than that, it's 4/48, the max the King's could offer him. The tweet included his potential trade bonus, lol.

Yeah, Holmes either has a lovely agent (how could a guy named Pedro Powers be lovely) or he reallllly loves Sacramento.

And who wouldn’t. Are you aware that Sacramento fixture Gunthers was named by Food & Wine magazine as having the best ice cream in California.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Cali has many great dairies so winning best ice cream is probably an honor.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Melo would probably have a ring if he stayed in Denver,

Hang on what?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

That team was good man! Like one inbounds steal away from the finals and he bailed halfway through year 2 of it!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
NBC using the John Tesh Roundball Rock theme for olympic basketball is awesome

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

NBC using the John Tesh Roundball Rock theme for olympic basketball is awesome

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
"Team USA survives Ricky Rubio's 38 points" is a line someone had to write today.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Sweet Alex has flown the nest? Time to take the posters down off the den wall.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Athanatos posted:

"Team USA survives Ricky Rubio's 38 points" is a line someone had to write today.

Olympics Ricky Rubio is going to turn Sexland into powerful players.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

morestuff posted:

Charlotte could give him like one year 15 mil, if he’s ok coming off the bench

He blew it

Lots of teams have the full MLE to give but they're not very good. Maybe New Orleans?

https://twitter.com/YossiGozlan/status/1422406046811758593?s=20

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kawhi returning to the Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Rick posted:

Kawhi returning to the Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you made me check twitter real quick, lol

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

so the Mavs still have a 10.8m TPE (or the non tax MLE if they can get the Knicks to SnT Bullock into the TPE) so I was looking for some targets

George Hill (76ers can pick up the guarantee and ship him over)
Al Farouq-Aminu
Jeremy Lamb
Derrick Favors

.. maybe Satoransky? Does New Orleans want him? I guess they do.

... if the Mavs can free up their MLE, they can maybe sign DeMar (eh), or Danny Green or Josh Hart.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
That deal SGA got should be the immediate reply to any rumored deal posted by anyone on Twitter that said SGA was going somewhere else this offseason. Shameless.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Vinestalk posted:

That deal SGA got should be the immediate reply to any rumored deal posted by anyone on Twitter that said SGA was going somewhere else this offseason. Shameless.

Why? The deal he got is the *reason* why they would trade him - they want to reset the rookie clock since he's like 4 and 5 years older than Poku and Giddey and they might not think they'll compete with him any time soon. So they went to see if they could get a big haul for him.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Are you saying OKC is doing the ultimate process where everyone gets traded at 24 and the fans buy tickets based on future success forever?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
He just turned 23 a couple of weeks ago.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Nobody on the thunder or mavericks aside from luka is as good or will ever be as good as SGA is right now at 23, lmao

Senator Drinksalot fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 3, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Are you saying OKC is doing the ultimate process where everyone gets traded at 24 and the fans buy tickets based on future success forever?

just churning out rookie teams of random values like a sports gachapon.

Just fully embracing the failure culture created by Harden, Westbrook, and Durant.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I still think the Heat make a run at DeRozan and use the full MLE.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

jackofarcades posted:

Why? The deal he got is the *reason* why they would trade him - they want to reset the rookie clock since he's like 4 and 5 years older than Poku and Giddey and they might not think they'll compete with him any time soon. So they went to see if they could get a big haul for him.

You can't really keep players around for more than a few years, especially if your team is either winning or losing all the time. The warriors were an exception because of the constant injuries and lower draft slots. In 4 years the players they've drafted will either be keepers or not, they can add guys in free agency to address holes. The only teams doing something like a draft guys and keep them all model is Orlando, and that just gets really expensive, even when the guys aren't doing that well.

OKC's plan is to gather as many assets as possible, turn those into more assets, and use those to get the first pick in the Victor Wembanyama draft. Sure, develop talent, entertain the crowd, try and win home games, but in the end all Sam Presti wants is Vic. He's the French whale

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

WhyteRyce posted:

Also I wish Otto good luck because the "take a minimum from the Warriors to jolt my career" hasn't worked for Oubre or Cousins or Willie Caulie Stein or Glenn Robinson III

I wish Oubre had been on a minimum contract last year. He made 15 million for being by far the worst player in the NBA for most of the year

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Gonz posted:

I still think the Heat make a run at DeRozan and use the full MLE.

Okay but he's worth way more than the MLE and won't sign for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Nobody on the thunder or mavericks aside from luka is as good or will ever be as good as SGA is right now at 23, lmao

Probably! But the team is going nowhere, and you're paying a rookie max to SGA only to probably shut him down halfway through the season so you can keep tanking.