Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i enjoyed the zelda thread even though net cafe scandal is a lying piece of poo poo. i recently started playing skyward sword on switch and the controls, while still weird, are 100x better than wiimote bullshit that made me stop playing before the first dungeon years ago. i'm enjoying it a lot, its interesting to see which ideas they took to put in BOTW

talk about one of the best gaming franchises of all time itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i bought the zelda game and watch and im so pumped for it, ive been wanting to replay awakening and zelda 1 and it's a cool way to do it. i think 2022 is gonna be the year of zelda for me

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Were you an oracle of ages or oracle of seasons kid?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

seasons, thats what my cousin had and i borrowed his gameboy to play it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m playing Skyward Sword HD too, I never had a Wii or WiiU so this is my first time with the game. I’m having a good time, I don’t know if the motion controls will hold up over 30 hours or whatever but they’re fun for now and the art and writing are super charming. I think I’m going to be playing a lot of Zelda this year even as SMT tries to pull my attention away, it occurs to me that I haven’t played a non-BOTW 3D Zelda maybe since Wind Waker in the original GameCube days.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

seasons, my cousin had it and i could mooch it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

After last night's session of Four Swords Adventures 2 of my friends are still pissed at each other. Bad game

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

even the worst Zelda thread still reminds me how much I love Zelda. going to hook up the wii u and play Wind Waker HD this weekend

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
its metal gear july

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Where did that thread even go

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Where did that thread even go

where it belongs: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970729&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Wind waker links awakening botw

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ahhh lol.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

that eiffel 65 playstation song only it's the titles of every Zelda game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Smellda

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

its metal gear july

It's August.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
everyone hates on zelda 2 but i think it is a very good game with some rough edges and i wish more games did that style of gameplay.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Windwaker was the first Zelda I finished and I loved everything about it. I still do! I even enjoyed the triforce piece hunting that reviewers hated. It was like playing a saturday morning cartoon. God drat what a good game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Windwaker was the first Zelda I finished and I loved everything about it. I still do! I even enjoyed the triforce piece hunting that reviewers hated. It was like playing a saturday morning cartoon. God drat what a good game

yeah dude, i love wind waker and would probably put it or BOTW as my fav. after skyward sword i might gently caress around and pull the wiiU out for it again

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

that part kicks rear end, the best part of wind waker is exploring islands and solving all the small puzzles and trhats all that part is. coolest part of the game imo

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

that part kicks rear end, the best part of wind waker is exploring islands and solving all the small puzzles and trhats all that part is. coolest part of the game imo

it's hard to nail down the 'not every nook and cranny has to have a huge treasure but anything could have a huge treasure but it's cool if it's just some cash' but wind waker definitely did

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's like the key hunt at the end of the metroid prime games, the whole point is inviting you to re-explore the world with your full arsenal.

there was the back-and-forth of finding the map -> translating -> fishing. the HD edition trimmed that down some and it feels perfect

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
windwaker kicks rear end! the only issue i ever had with it was the back and forth of having to decipher the maps. the remaster mostly fixes that and with the faster sailing in that version the game is almost perfect.

the cell shading has also aged really well and i wish nintendo would revisit that cartoony art style again since it has been way too long since we had a toon link game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

that eiffel 65 playstation song only it's the titles of every Zelda game

I’m Groose, da ba dee da ba di

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Oracle of ages.

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

Ages ftw

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Windwaker was the second zelda game i ever got and it was super fun. The first was awakening dx for gameboy color.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
first i played was oot, second i think was links awakening DX and we rented majoras mask for a week so that was 3rd but i didn't get even close to beating it lol.

i wonder if kids that played skyward sword as their first would see it as their favourite.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wind Waker still has the best combat in the series. I liked Twilight Princess but it felt like a step back.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda game but I was too ascared to do Forest Temple in OoT as a kid so I skipped Fire Temple and just went straight to Water Temple, which was the only temple I actually completed as Adult link. I think my big sister eventually beat Forest Temple but by then I had already moved on to Majora's Mask (which I did beat) and it is still probably my favorite Zelda game.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mkvltra posted:

Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda game but I was too ascared to do Forest Temple in OoT as a kid

lol i was too scared to go past the rereads in the market as an adult so i made my siblings do it every time. i think i posted it here before but i thought redeads were in my basement and i wouldn't go without my mom watching me from the top of the stairs

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If I was Link I would die

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

when i got wind waker as a kid i made a point of absolutely refusing to look up anything about it on the internet or buy a guide, and it ended up being one of the most fun games ever for me. it drives me crazy when i see people complaining about the sailing, its fun to do and the world has a ton of stuff to find in it compared to most zelda games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Reaverbot posted:

when i got wind waker as a kid i made a point of absolutely refusing to look up anything about it on the internet or buy a guide, and it ended up being one of the most fun games ever for me. it drives me crazy when i see people complaining about the sailing, its fun to do and the world has a ton of stuff to find in it compared to most zelda games

Yeah this. It was the "see that tiny island over there? you can sail to it" thing before it became a meme. Finding treasure, naval battles, and giant squid fights along the way.. so sick. It was kind of like a super early take on botw shrines, but with way less to do on them

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I never understood why people hated that part. Felt like a nice calm intermission in the middle of the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even though wind waker has this cartoony style it has the scariest poo poo in any zelda game in it. the cyclones, the redeads, abruptly being pulled into a fight with a 10 story tall Squid monster out in the sea, it all absolutely terrified me as a kid.

i had to take big breaks from it to mentally prepare myself lol. getting the bow and taking over the cyclones for yourself, after they terrorized you for the first half of the game, is a huge triumphant moment. you've got the mastersword, the cyclones are yours, and you're off to forsaken fortress to kick some rear end. some incredible gaming

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Wind Waker on switch please. I will happily buy that game a 3rd time. shiggy… aonuma… hear me

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

even though wind waker has this cartoony style it has the scariest poo poo in any zelda game in it. the cyclones, the redeads, abruptly being pulled into a fight with a 10 story tall Squid monster out in the sea, it all absolutely terrified me as a kid.

i had to take big breaks from it to mentally prepare myself lol. getting the bow and taking over the cyclones for yourself, after they terrorized you for the first half of the game, is a huge triumphant moment. you've got the mastersword, the cyclones are yours, and you're off to forsaken fortress to kick some rear end. some incredible gaming

ww redeads and giant squids scared the poo poo out of me as a kid. hell, they still do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Sub-Actuality posted:

Wind Waker on switch please. I will happily buy that game a 3rd time. shiggy… aonuma… hear me

All Zeldas should be on the switch