Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

bob dobbs is dead posted:

mrna stands for messenger rna not microrna, like the dudes thesis is titled, abbreviate microrna mirna

or is it ... microsoft RNA??!?!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mrna stands for messenger rna not microrna, like the dudes thesis is titled, abbreviate microrna mirna

μRNA

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

μRNA balls

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

rotor posted:

or is it ... microsoft RNA??!?!!!

gently caress it was there the whole time!!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the biologists can't figure out how to turn off automatic date conversion in excel (which led to them renaming genes) how are you going to get em to use unicode poo poo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

the biologists can't figure out how to turn off automatic date conversion in excel (which led to them renaming genes) how are you going to get em to use unicode poo poo

give them a picture they can copy and paste

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

μRNA gonna trick me with that one again

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

rotor posted:

μRNA gonna trick me with that one again

have a sμRNAf

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Workaday Wizard posted:

I'm about to write some Excel macros

i didnt know you played eve

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Workaday Wizard posted:

I'm about to write some Excel macros

Today I got to janitor a bunch of 90s-era bespoke powerbuilder nonsense and now am prepared to embrace death.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im in the middle of gettin our excel macro-like language to work on mongo so take that posted image and somehow make it worse

good god :staredog:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

its actually done and workin im just proceastinatin on fixing some last bugs

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

im in the middle of gettin our excel macro-like language to work on mongo so take that posted image and somehow make it worse

i still think constraint languages are cool and there should be more of them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

i still think constraint languages are cool and there should be more of them

in the late 90s i was doing a thing that you can kind of think of as flash but instead of actionscript it was prolog and i still think it was cool but me & the other three guys were the only ones on earth who thought so

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

for whatever reason it feels like im constantly on the verge of tears tonight
weird

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

in the late 90s i was doing a thing that you can kind of think of as flash but instead of actionscript it was prolog and i still think it was cool but me & the other three guys were the only ones on earth who thought so

sql is a constraint language if you dont use the procedural poo poo every vendor sticks in. so really constraint based langs are both the weeniest and least weenie langs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

its actually done and workin im just proceastinatin on fixing some last bugs

is this supposed to make your statement better somehow

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is this supposed to make your statement better somehow

its 150 slocs, we got a clever setup and deec macros

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

sql is a constraint language

idk if this is really true but i'm not about to go to the mat over it so whatever

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
https://siderite.dev/blog/using-cte-to-solve-sudoku-in-sql/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

its 150 slocs, we got a clever setup and deec macros

i meant that is "just because you can doesn't mean you should" way, im the resident anti-mongo guy because i entered workforce at the time where js+mongo replaced php+mysql with no rhyme or reaosn

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Today I got to janitor a bunch of 90s-era bespoke powerbuilder nonsense and now am prepared to embrace death.

how did anything made in powerbuilder survive past the mid-2000s let alone 2021???

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i meant that is "just because you can doesn't mean you should" way, im the resident anti-mongo guy because i entered workforce at the time where js+mongo replaced php+mysql with no rhyme or reaosn

its other peeps wot use the mongo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cjs:

work posted:

Hi [Achmed],

We’re so happy to confirm that your request to work remotely was approved!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

https://twitter.com/immolations/status/1422623292934995973

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

you had to be approved? wat

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

how did anything made in powerbuilder survive past the mid-2000s let alone 2021???

the answer to that is the precise reason why entire ftse100 happily pays Microsoft

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you had to be approved? wat

it's to transfer to be full remote permanently, not as a one-off or just-during-the-pandemic thing

it means i can leave the bay area and move to wherever i want. comp changes depending on where you go but it means i get to work at a faang and not work in the bay area and as far as i'm concerned that's living the dream*

*not the real dream. in the real dream i dont sell my labor. in this dream i still have to work. it's still an ok dream though i guess

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

need to go actually get something to eat but i also need to go to bed because im exhausted

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hbag posted:

need to go actually get something to eat but i also need to go to bed because im exhausted

just lie down, it’s midnight right now so it’s the right moment. you’ll be able to safely roar your butter in with the sunrise

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

cinci zoo sniper posted:

just lie down, it’s midnight right now so it’s the right moment. you’ll be able to safely roar your butter in with the sunrise

no its leftover pizza that ill have to throw out tomorrow and i feel bad about wasting food

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah, "my pizza might go bad" is a really good reason not to go to bed at a normal hour

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hbag posted:

no its leftover pizza that ill have to throw out tomorrow and i feel bad about wasting food

Wtf, how much left over pizza do you have? Weren't you also talking about left over pizza last week?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Wtf, how much left over pizza do you have? Weren't you also talking about left over pizza last week?

2 slices
i have pizza every weekend because im an unhealthy yet somehow stick-thin dickhead

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

and indeed complaining because their mom's home healthcare worker threw it out

hbag is a pizza goblin

pizza goblins are cool though

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hbag posted:

/
   /

mystes
May 31, 2006

hbag posted:

Ask the Ambien walrus to bring over a pizza.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

had some mussels from costco tonight and gently caress they reeked, so bad - never gonna get em from there again

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

mystes posted:

Ask the Ambien walrus to bring over a pizza.

the best adventure you'll never remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Vintersorg posted:

had some mussels from costco tonight and gently caress they reeked, so bad - never gonna get em from there again
Your disdain of mussels is a disgrace to this bodybuilding forum