Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

i have this thing stuck on my screen for some reason

it's in the foreground and the page scrolls behind it but i can't click on it

you have been visited by the floating pittsburgh text of bad posting. yinzers and funiculars will come to you, but only if you post “pittsburgh is the paris of appalachia”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

had some mussels from costco tonight and gently caress they reeked, so bad - never gonna get em from there again

made a sick stir fry with water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and everything then sat down to eat and it smelled like literal actual poo poo from an rear end. must have been the chicken and i didn't notice while cutting it up and i'm super pissed.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!
mussels are good

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

made a sick stir fry with water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and everything then sat down to eat and it smelled like literal actual poo poo from an rear end. must have been the chicken and i didn't notice while cutting it up and i'm super pissed.
Perhaps it was ur upper lip

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I like mussels, but I feel like I might never prepare them myself and instead leave it to the pros

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

tryna make a "shoo shoo gains goblin" type joke but can't figure one out

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mussels are easy. you just cook them and then sigh and throw away the third-to-half that didn't open. at least that's how it works when you get em from costco

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm eating some of the best type of onion. Onion rings.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i prefer breaded onion rings over battered ones

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've had bad luck w Costco mussels too, I don't get them any more

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

mussels are easy. you just cook them and then sigh and throw away the third-to-half that didn't open. at least that's how it works when you get em from costco
That's a ridiculously large amount lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm eating some of the best type of onion. Onion rings.

thought you were gonna say "onion rear end"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mystes posted:

That's a ridiculously large amount lol

yeah i'm exaggerating for effect but iirc it was a lil frustrating. wanna say i actually lost 15-20% last time i did it. some were prob fine but food poisoning sucks so i'm p careful

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

I've had bad luck w Costco mussels too, I don't get them any more

also it's pretty tough to find good mussels on the west coast right now in particular, just generally; the heat wave killed nearly the entire population of mussels and other shellfish in the affected area

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...y-the-millions/

so

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ive only ever had battered onion rings but i wanna try breaded ones since i like the battered ones a lot so they cant be that bad

also going to bed in an hour

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

go to bed now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

1am is a reasonable time to sleep. actually do it and shut off all your devices and don't use them in bed. put them on the other side of the room.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Broken Machine posted:

also it's pretty tough to find good mussels on the west coast right now in particular, just generally; the heat wave killed nearly the entire population of mussels and other shellfish in the affected area

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...y-the-millions/

so

rip :backtowork:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
we sometimes get these crunchy mussels from the chinese restaurant but tbqh I could live without the little slips of paper inside.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

President Beep posted:

we sometimes get these crunchy mussels from the chinese restaurant but tbqh I could live without the little slips of paper inside.

beeeeeeeeep

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation

Sagebrush posted:

1am is a reasonable time to sleep. actually do it and shut off all your devices and don't use them in bed. put them on the other side of the room.

nice ableism

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Rolled 20 joints last night so I can more easily partake in the evening when it's time to relax. Tedious as poo poo and I'm not good at rolling but I'm glad I did it, thanks past-self.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

get a rolling machine

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

get a rolling machine

That's what I used! But my papers are longer than it so I have to cut them just right each time. It's not something I do often so I don't use it and thus lose it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:weed:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the gbs weed thread posted a little inline bubbler I ordered to stick on my fury edge

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

comp changes depending on where you go

this is such loving horseshit

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation

Fortaleza posted:

Rolled 20 joints last night so I can more easily partake in the evening when it's time to relax. Tedious as poo poo and I'm not good at rolling but I'm glad I did it, thanks past-self.

smoke them all at once like a cartoon character

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

last i checked the company pays you in dollars, not in some arbitrarily decided idea of what lifestyle you should be able to afford.

if i choose to live in a mansion i can barely afford or a wine barrel in the marketplace that is none of the company's loving business.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

fuckin agreed. like i'll take the N% pay cut and make the trade but it's horseshit that i have to

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Gonna start a one-room “apartment complex” scam in hcol areas like how every bank operates from one building in Delaware

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm considering buying a small 2/1 home up in the Upper Peninsula because evidently climate apoc is here to stay, and one of my thoughts is to keep a rental in denver (or a similarly popular city) and winter in same, then go do spring-summer-fall up in the UP. if fastly tried to pull the "hurr cost of living adjustment" i would absolutely just have my mail forwarded and airbnb the city place 9/12 months

its funny tho cause theyre always downward adjustments. if i moved to soma you think they'd give me a 32% raise? lma o

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

don't airbnb your poo poo. having multiple homes and airbnbing them out is a bad thing to do.

Jonny 290 posted:

its funny tho cause theyre always downward adjustments. if i moved to soma you think they'd give me a 32% raise? lma o

supposedly yeah they would. ofc for all i know people proposing such changes might have had their requests mysteriously denied or whatever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah tbh almost all new rental contracts specifically forbid airbnb'ing anyways

really if i could just lease a place for the cold winter (gently caress doing january in the UP lol) itd be fine but those are also rare

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah word. of course a ton of people doing the airbnb thing just violate their lease. that ones firmly in the "play lovely landlord games, win lovely landlord prizes" category though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

goddamn i hope i can actually move to a place we like. i'm losing my mind that this and maybe even home ownership one day might be in the realm of possibility

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I normally just get em from a local fish shop and it’s great

I let em soak for a few hours in salt water then cook with wine and other herbs

ez plz with lemon juice squeezed on each bite. can also do a tomato sauce but I like em better this way.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

You get your weed from a fish shop?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

got dat Salt Cod Kush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

now that's what i call PUFFer fish!!