Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I opened the Uber Eats app by mistake when a notification popped up about a free delivery promotion just as I was about to tap something else. I looked at it briefly, but caught myself, and swiped out of the app, closing it. Another notification popped up. $8 off your next order! So then I HAD to order.

What kind of aggressive marketing nonsense is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
I am so sorry

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress uber and gently caress you OP

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Slavery is bad, actually

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Uber Beats (your meat)

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Uber Beats (your meat)

RubHub

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Have you considered uninstalling the app?

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Those GrubHub commercials really grind my gears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6tT_PMnEbU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Uber Beats (your meat)

This would be a more ethical business model imo.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

$8 off your next GFE

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Congrats on having no self control op

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Just go pick it up yourself it's cheaper

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
The best thing about Uber Eats is watching the driver circumnavigate the entire city then deliver to the wrong address.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
DoorRash

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Punish them by not tipping the workers. That's how the system works, it's trickle UP.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
If I want to order food from a restaurant that delivers, I'll call that restaurant and then pick it up anyway cuz I'm too cheap to have things delivered and I like getting away from my family. What I won't do is pay some loving pencil dick nerd in California to computer his way in between me and the restaurant so he can add more emerald rings to his coding fingers. Same with taxis. Get rid of the apps. gently caress nerds.
#jockrevolution2021 #stuffnerdsintrashcans #justcallacab

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bargearse posted:

The best thing about Uber Eats is watching the driver circumnavigate the entire city then deliver to the wrong address.

I've never used UberEats, but an UberEats driver once dropped a paper bag with over $60 worth of sushi on my doorstep. I told him "wrong house," and he just shrugged and said, "it's yours now."

I would've loved free sushi, buy I'm deathly allergic to soy, so I took it over to my neighbor who it belonged to.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Spaghett posted:

Slavery is bad, actually

I think you'll find that in a capitalist system, slavery is good because it's the only way the system can function.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Uber Cleats

It's for sports shoes.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
ubereats doesn't have awful awful awful commercials that singlehandedly made me hate jon hamm so they are better than skip the dishes imo

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

kntfkr posted:

If I want to order food from a restaurant that delivers, I'll call that restaurant and then pick it up anyway cuz I'm too cheap to have things delivered and I like getting away from my family. What I won't do is pay some loving pencil dick nerd in California to computer his way in between me and the restaurant so he can add more emerald rings to his coding fingers. Same with taxis. Get rid of the apps. gently caress nerds.
#jockrevolution2021 #stuffnerdsintrashcans #justcallacab

I didn’t come here to be personally attacked !!

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Bargearse posted:

I didn’t come here to be personally attacked !!

Sorry about your pencil dick for real that’s tragic. :(

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the future of uber is ai controlled horses not a lot of people know this

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Uber is loving trash.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The delivery apps are terrible for everyone all around! The food usually either costs more, or you can't take advantage of the food discounts some restaurants would have if you just go in person. Then the delivery apps charge the restaurants money for the "service" which can be pretty high for the small mom & pop places...

Also you have to tip, pay the delivery fee, and your food is going to be cold by the time you get it.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I ordered food on there last month and the restaurant/delivery guy gave me the wrong food.

I tried contacting support and they put me in a 4 hour queue. When a support guy finally got back to me he basically just said tough poo poo

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Ultra Carp

Chinatown posted:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I've never used Uber Eats because I don't understand how the buisiness model could actually work. There really doesn't seem to be any accountability if the delivery driver isn't actually working for the restaurant.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ubereats.com

I've used truspilot.com a few times and they have never steered me wrong.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

The delivery drivers actually double as customer service representatives, so be sure to let them know about your dissatisfaction, at length

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
For real, though. I never use services like Uber Eats because food shops should loving pay their own employees to deliver the food.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The delivery apps are terrible for everyone all around!

It's true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsMujJYPagQ

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I ordered something off uber eats a week ago out of laziness and gently caress I should have just gone to get it myself.

Food just appearing and I don't have to do poo poo can be addicting.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Valko posted:

I've never used Uber Eats because I don't understand how the buisiness model could actually work. There really doesn't seem to be any accountability if the delivery driver isn't actually working for the restaurant.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ubereats.com

I've used truspilot.com a few times and they have never steered me wrong.

After the experience I had the other week I can attest that this isn't some review bombing poo poo the type of things they're describing are pretty much what happened to me.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Chrs posted:

I ordered food on there last month and the restaurant/delivery guy gave me the wrong food.

I tried contacting support and they put me in a 4 hour queue. When a support guy finally got back to me he basically just said tough poo poo

Why did you call them you fukken boomer? There's like 2 buttons to press "I had an issue with my order" > "My food was wrong/didn't get delivered"

BOOM you just got a refund + $10 in credits for a future order, and the stoned as gently caress dude that dropped your order in front of a trash can with the number 3 on it gets dinged. It's like 20 seconds. You even have enough time to make the same order from the same restaurant with your credits so it's cheaper.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

$8 off so u only overpaid by like 30 bucks lmao

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

Chinatown posted:

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Food Delivery Applications

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
the worst thing about cycling in london is the deliveroo drivers because they are all dipshit teenagers who apparently dont know how the gently caress to ride a bike. get out from under my feet, vermin

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yaldabaoth posted:

For real, though. I never use services like Uber Eats because food shops should loving pay their own employees to deliver the food.

Well part of the problem is everyone uses the food delivery apps instead of contacting the restaurants themselves in the 1st place. And the places that actually have enough delivery orders to make it worthwhile, would probably rather pay an employee than pay the delivery apps for the service... Ubereats charges 30% to the restaurants... on top of the 15% to the customer... With the delivery fee on top as well... Uber is quite likely netting drat near 50% of the menu costs on orders :lol:.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

The Bramble posted:

The delivery drivers actually double as customer service representatives, so be sure to let them know about your dissatisfaction, at length

Trust me, I've been a barman, cook and I've worked retail. Most of my friends have done the same or similar things like wait tables. I even had a delivery driver friend and seen the bullshit he put up with riding along with him one night.

I'm well aware of the shoot-the-messenger "don't talk back and make excuses, I'M PAYING YOUR loving WAGES!!" attitude that Joe Public has. Taking my frustrations out on non-management workers would be like punching my mother, it's just something I'm incapable of.

I'll make an exception for Uber Eats though.