Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

President Beep posted:

my son told me today that shrek can be found in botw. is this true?

you can put in a code to make lara croft nude

you can bring aeris back to life

theres a cheat to make mario have a gun but nintendo weren't allowed to tell anyone because a kid in japan shot his sister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Stringent posted:

the korok seed dude with the maracas?

no! shrek! jesus do you think i’m an idiot or something

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

President Beep posted:

no! shrek! jesus do you think i’m an idiot or something

yes?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

NICE!

also shrek is a swamp maoist.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wtf i love shrek now

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

NICE!

also shrek is a swamp maoist.
the events of the first film are motivated by him wanting to evict the disenfranchised and destitute from his land

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

shrek is a landlord. gently caress shrek

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

gently caress shrek

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

gently caress shrek

i heard he’s a swamp moist

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

on the other hand Farquaad made a rug out of a political prisoner so...

yay for the swamp landlord?

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 4, 2021

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

i heard he’s a swamp moist
is this what they call it when you warsh your feet in the turlet?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

is this what they call it when you warsh your feet in the turlet?

he actually does that in breath of the wild

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

who? the main hero character zelda?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

President Beep posted:

Kenny Logins posted:

who? the main hero character zelda?

No, Shrek. keep up with the thread

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
c'mon, it's right there in the title, the main character is obviously named breath

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

nier automata on ps now this month. hell yeah

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

the events of the first film are motivated by him wanting to evict the disenfranchised and destitute from his land

you clown, those were clearly counter-revolutionaries!!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
he knows it's a manufactured refugee crisis and he goes after its original instigator

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Pile Of Garbage posted:

you clown, those were clearly counter-revolutionaries!!!
i mean lord farquaad was the literal landlord shrek had to appease to have his swamplamd vacated. shrek was more of an apparatchik

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

clear revisionism! let history mark this post as the origin of the shrek swamp maoist schism!!!

also im still playing NMS but i think im burnt out. it's been a while since the last major update, hopefully they've got some new content in the works. otherwise i'll probably play another game? is hades on PC? actually i should prolly try subnautica yeah?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

haveblue posted:

c'mon, it's right there in the title, the main character is obviously named breath

his name is Breath Wild but you have to write it as Breath, of the (family) Wild because he is a living flesh and blood person who does not consent to create joinder

it's clearly an allegory about gold-fringed flags and not paying taxes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what if…….zelda….

was a girl!!!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

samus aran

beep how is your emulation adventure?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s going quite well, friendo. wii controls are working great and ever since i appropriated my wife’s computer with non-poo poo bluetooth i’m not dropping controller connections anymore. :getin:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kenny Logins posted:

i mean lord farquaad was the literal landlord shrek had to appease to have his swamplamd vacated. shrek was more of an apparatchik
if you rearrange the letters in "shrek" you get "kulak"

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hah nice! are you just using an emu straight up or a front-end like retroarch? i find the latter to be most needs-suiting for me imo. ofc i really only play two games: FD for N64 and GW:ED on Super Famicom lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9rcbRCskg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC-1oNx9Gyc

also tbh ive had some bullshit recently with retroarch because they changed their installer so it goes to C:\RetroArch-Win64 instead of under C:\Program Files like it did before which is just extraordinarily hosed and dumb but w/e i got it working again now i'll just never touch it ever again (which is fine because the cores which actually do the emulation are separate to retroarch)!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pile Of Garbage posted:

clear revisionism! let history mark this post as the origin of the shrek swamp maoist schism!!!

also im still playing NMS but i think im burnt out. it's been a while since the last major update, hopefully they've got some new content in the works. otherwise i'll probably play another game? is hades on PC? actually i should prolly try subnautica yeah?

i sort of hit a wall when they started doing fast seasons

hades is on pc and plays very well, and subnautica will satisfy that exploration itch. it'll feel familiar to nms in scanning, collecting, and crafting but the materials storage is (for better or worse) more realistically limited, so no 9999 stacks of ferrite when you're base building. the story is also really tight and the progression feels rewarding

i kept trying to scan everything all the time after nms got me into the habit of doing so a dozen times a planet lol

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

President Beep posted:

my son told me today that shrek can be found in botw. is this true?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

i sort of hit a wall when they started doing fast seasons

hades is on pc and plays very well, and subnautica will satisfy that exploration itch. it'll feel familiar to nms in scanning, collecting, and crafting but the materials storage is (for better or worse) more realistically limited, so no 9999 stacks of ferrite when you're base building. the story is also really tight and the progression feels rewarding

i kept trying to scan everything all the time after nms got me into the habit of doing so a dozen times a planet lol

what do you mean by fast seasons? you mean community expeditions?

anyway subnautica sounds good cheers i think i might try it out this weekend. re hades, i assume it's playable from couch with controller? im on PC but couch is my primary mode for basically all things

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pile Of Garbage posted:

hah nice! are you just using an emu straight up or a front-end like retroarch? i find the latter to be most needs-suiting for me imo. ofc i really only play two games: FD for N64 and GW:ED on Super Famicom lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9rcbRCskg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC-1oNx9Gyc

also tbh ive had some bullshit recently with retroarch because they changed their installer so it goes to C:\RetroArch-Win64 instead of under C:\Program Files like it did before which is just extraordinarily hosed and dumb but w/e i got it working again now i'll just never touch it ever again (which is fine because the cores which actually do the emulation are separate to retroarch)!

just using dolphin atm. what’s the benefit of retroarch?

lol. i need to show this to him.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pile Of Garbage posted:

what do you mean by fast seasons? you mean community expeditions?

anyway subnautica sounds good cheers i think i might try it out this weekend. re hades, i assume it's playable from couch with controller? im on PC but couch is my primary mode for basically all things

err, yeah, i was thinking of seasons from other games but meant expeditions. they're fun, but a lot more investment to complete than the weekend community challenges, and that didn't quite click with my late game base building mindset

it was a nice change to more consistently run into players outside the player-run systems and beyond the single highlighted planet of the weekend events. i really enjoyed abandoned freighter exploration with a pickup group, made it a feel quick and intense when the cause was an infestation of unspeakable horrors

hades should be perfectly suited to controller play, though i ended up playing it at my desk. I'm interested to see how it handles with steam link when my razer kishi gets here tomorrow

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

President Beep posted:

just using dolphin atm. what’s the benefit of retroarch?

retroarch is basically like plex/kodi but for your roms. tbh if you're only interested in emulating one system then it's probably not worth it.

Agile Vector posted:

err, yeah, i was thinking of seasons from other games but meant expeditions. they're fun, but a lot more investment to complete than the weekend community challenges, and that didn't quite click with my late game base building mindset

it was a nice change to more consistently run into players outside the player-run systems and beyond the single highlighted planet of the weekend events. i really enjoyed abandoned freighter exploration with a pickup group, made it a feel quick and intense when the cause was an infestation of unspeakable horrors

hades should be perfectly suited to controller play, though i ended up playing it at my desk. I'm interested to see how it handles with steam link when my razer kishi gets here tomorrow

my issue with community expeditions is that they did two of them time-limited which have now expired anddddd they haven't done another one yet. i was under the assumption that they'd have like a new one every two month or something but that doesn't seem to be the case. i have a general feeling that the devs are maybe running out of capital and/or drive to keep developing NMS. cant blame em tbh, their effort has been simply heroic and never once have they asked for another dime beyond the base game cost.

thanks for the feedback re hades. i don't have a proper desk setup in my apartment so my bad gaming and awful posting is all from the couch, wirelessly!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’d actually like to do ps2 and maybe others. might check it out. ty!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We tried a community expedition but since they funnel all players into the same star system when we logged in it tried to download and render four dozen bases at once and all our consoles poo poo themselves

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

President Beep posted:

i’d actually like to do ps2 and maybe others. might check it out. ty!

At last check there's not a Retroarch core for PCSX2 which is a huge bummer. Lotta other stuff worth checking out there otherwise though.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

haveblue posted:

We tried a community expedition but since they funnel all players into the same star system when we logged in it tried to download and render four dozen bases at once and all our consoles poo poo themselves

yeah i had the same issue on the first expedition. i think they improved things but i missed the second one.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/Wunderzorro/status/1422739803695632392

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Retroarch is good

Adbot