Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

keef is just weed roe when you think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

home ownership ain’t coming to my world unless I either a) find someone who likes my short goony self and marry them or b) wait out the next decade until my last remaining grandparents croak and I get a chunk of their estates. both of these are unlikely as I have been out of the dating game for years and society may not exist in the modern form by then

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: almost pushed a commit that said "bum version number" shoulda done it anyway

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Achmed Jones posted:

fuckin agreed. like i'll take the N% pay cut and make the trade but it's horseshit that i have to

have you tried unionizing?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh god dont get me started about union stuff at google

the short story is that i used to be a union organizer before i became a computer-toucher

the long story is the short story plus a loud guttural scream that lasts a solid three minutes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kazinsal posted:

home ownership ain’t coming to my world unless I either a) find someone who likes my short goony self and marry them or b) wait out the next decade until my last remaining grandparents croak and I get a chunk of their estates. both of these are unlikely as I have been out of the dating game for years and society may not exist in the modern form by then

all but one of my grandparents died slowly of long term diseases that required expensive care. they left almost nothing behind because it was all sucked up by healthcare costs. lol!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

oh god dont get me started about union stuff at google

the short story is that i used to be a union organizer before i became a computer-toucher

the long story is the short story plus a loud guttural scream that lasts a solid three minutes

sounds like you’re the right goon for the job then. get that unionization rolling imo. bidens the president now after all

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

HEY I SAID DONT GET ME STARTED BUDDY!!

beep was right about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i almost had enough money for a house but then they got way more expensive

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I got a house by selling my soul in SF and getting a really good price for it, then paying a relatively cheaper price by not caring about street noise

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you had to be approved? wat

hr specifically told us that any wfh that wasn't grandfathered in before march 2020 would be rejected lmao

drat the 211 got me through some dark dark times

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
the google union is pretty lol. https://alphabetworkersunion.org/

the kitchen and barista staff at the office unionized with a real union and got full pay through the entire pandemic which was awesome.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

i have this thing stuck on my screen for some reason

it's in the foreground and the page scrolls behind it but i can't click on it

glad i am not the only one still using cyanpos.css

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Achmed Jones posted:

HEY I SAID DONT GET ME STARTED BUDDY!!

beep was right about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is trouble alright.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

beepshaming at an all time high

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

you have been visited by the floating pittsburgh text of bad posting. yinzers and funiculars will come to you, but only if you post “pittsburgh is the paris of appalachia”.

far too high a price. i will not

President Beep posted:

we sometimes get these crunchy mussels from the chinese restaurant but tbqh I could live without the little slips of paper inside.

fuckin', half the time the 'fortune cookie' doesn't even give a fortune, it's just loving advice! who the hell wants a drat advice cookie

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

this is the best one i ever got

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
too early to wake up f this

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

5am is a great time to wake up.

I did some exercises with a steel mace, steel clubs, and a Bulgarian bag to finish out my workout yesterday since I need to work on core strength and shoulder strength and mobility. Even though I don’t consider that to be lifting a weight my body still has DOMS like I lifted a weight.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

KidDynamite posted:

5am is a great time to wake up.

I did some exercises with a steel mace, steel clubs, and a Bulgarian bag to finish out my workout yesterday since I need to work on core strength and shoulder strength and mobility. Even though I don’t consider that to be lifting a weight my body still has DOMS like I lifted a weight.

you just played diablo ii

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

tryna workout at the gym but some perv keeps checking out my horadric cube

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

graph posted:

drat the 211 got me through some dark dark times

:rip: to the high gravity malt liquor.

loving coors. yeah lets get rid of all the cheap high alcohol stuff poor people drink to escape the hellworld.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

weird commute in. counted maybe 11 cars heading my way, but the other direction was fine.

no news of any block behind me.. maybe there's a lockdown and no one told me?! as a joke???

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Nice! posted:

:rip: to the high gravity malt liquor.

loving coors. yeah lets get rid of all the cheap high alcohol stuff poor people drink to escape the hellworld.

they’re still making plenty of cheap stuff, don’t worry

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Pile Of Garbage posted:

tryna workout at the gym but some perv keeps checking out my horadric cube

i sense a soul in search of leg day

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

dioxazine posted:

weird commute in. counted maybe 11 cars heading my way, but the other direction was fine.

no news of any block behind me.. maybe there's a lockdown and no one told me?! as a joke???

This was about 2 minutes ahead of me today.

https://twitter.com/wurp/status/1422871344388128768?s=19

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: sure we may have needed to lay off 10% of our staff but that doesn't mean we can't give out two giant stock dividends in that time

maybe I'll get a high refresh monitor and keep a lookout for a 1070 with my pittance

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

cjs: sure we may have needed to lay off 10% of our staff but that doesn't mean we can't give out two giant stock dividends in that time

maybe I'll get a high refresh monitor and keep a lookout for a 1070 with my pittance

Just think about the poor shareholders who would have suffered if you actually had to continue paying those wages. I'm sobbing just imagining their ROI for the year being only 22.38% instead of 24.76% :qq:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yikes glad you’re ok pal

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
op is dead. that tweet was the last thing he ever did. rip to a real one.

F

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Apparently both drivers are ok, they just have to bring in a crane to detangle the sleeper from the overpass.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

somehow i have found myself trading internet spaceship parts

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hbag posted:

somehow i have found myself trading internet spaceship parts

don’t get killed by the space triads.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

at least you'll get a cool space tattoo to show all your space mates

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before! 王ぶゃホがぅヂゼビ園可果ぺ移芋俺ータンカレモ内がぬ岡スク 曖 ヺ遺援ぱ誕飲゠レ

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

cjs: another beautiful day among The Lord's creation

What good shall we do today, brothers and sisters?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fortaleza posted:

cjs: another beautiful day among The Lord's creation

What good shall we do today, brothers and sisters?

post, i guess

mystes
May 31, 2006

Get your post buttered and ready to go.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

dioxazine posted:

at least you'll get a cool space tattoo to show all your space mates

i can recommend cool space tattoos for your irl body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU