Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's Whopper Wednesday so that's what I am getting later as I didn't pack a lunch.

E: $5 for a meal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i'm working on getting a somewhat obscure pro graphics card to work in a system, and i'm having to extract the bios for it and a bunch of other stuff. it's somewhat interesting as i haven't needed to flash a video card before, but it's been such an involved process, at this point i just want it to work so i can move on to other projects. also i ended up using wsl2 for this and it's.. not so good. it's ok in a pinch though, and nice to have better official support. wouldn't use it if i actually wanted to linux regularly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I'm gonna 3D print some things.

what kind of a 3d printer do you have

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Captain Foo posted:

post, i guess

it’s this, op.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

Sagebrush posted:

hey sagebrush i saw this video and was wondering if you could have a look, what percentage of this is just existing IFR poo poo that already existed only cranked up on precision?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNm8N4vXWt0

thanks in advance

hbag posted:

somehow i have found myself trading internet spaceship parts

who told hbag play star citizen?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cjs love corproate open source repos that list irc channels, mailing lists, and forums that are all dead and have been for years. guess i'm reporting this issue right into your jira

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Fortaleza posted:

cjs: another beautiful day among The Lord's creation

What good shall we do today, brothers and sisters?

I'm gonna smoke some weed later

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Fortaleza posted:

cjs: another beautiful day among The Lord's creation

I'm fittin to take a big ole dump

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i can recommend cool space tattoos for your irl body

i'm sorry, my existence is purely virtual and should be deleted once tests are done running

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

op is dead. that tweet was the last thing he ever did. rip to a real one.

F

heartbreaking. rip.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

dioxazine posted:

i'm sorry, my existence is purely virtual and should be deleted once tests are done running

:smith:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fortaleza posted:

gonna take a nap in like 45m

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Today I'm going to get automatic deploys to our staging environment working finally.

Then later I'm going to hop on down to the ol' homebrew supply store to pick up my cider yeast order, then start the process of turning the bigass pile of pears from my tree out front into perry

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chipped my tooth eating some carrots this morning. Learned my lesson, will not be eating anything healthy ever again.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fortaleza posted:

then start the process of turning the bigass pile of pears from my tree out front into perry

can you do something similar with peaches

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

what kind of a 3d printer do you have

I have a Prusa i3 with a few mods. I installed a hardened plated nozzle so that i can print fiber-reinforced filaments, I built in a Raspberry Pi so it can be on my network, and I reprinted all the orange parts with pistachio green and replaced the blue-and-white LCD screen with a red-and-black one so that it looks like a soviet era geiger counter.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

hey sagebrush i saw this video and was wondering if you could have a look, what percentage of this is just existing IFR poo poo that already existed only cranked up on precision?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNm8N4vXWt0

thanks in advance

it looks like a differential GPS system. you install a ground station at a known surveyed point and it receives GPS positioning data from the satellites, then compares what it's getting to its known location and broadcasts correction values to nearby receivers so they can accommodate for space weather and other error sources and increase precision. that is pretty common in surveying and some other fields.

the precision landing stuff is different from how it's currently done. a traditional ILS, whether on the ground or on a carrier, has narrow beam radio transmitters lined up with the runway and the plane follows the beams to land. GPS approaches are common these days, but i don't think there are GPS RNAV approaches that will actually get you right onto the runway -- they will all have a minimum decision altitude where if you are on the approach and you hit e.g. 500 feet AGL and you still don't see the runway through the fog, you have to abort the landing because the GPS position isn't guaranteed to be precise enough for a touchdown. there are ILS systems (category 3) that can guide a plane right down to 0 feet, but they require expensive precision transmitters on the field and so are only seen at big airports that regularly have heavy weather.

so basically i think the idea here is to use a ground station transmitting to nearby aircraft to improve GPS accuracy enough to enable ILS landings at any location -- particularly relevant to the VTOL F-35s they are showing in the video -- without having to install the fancy transmitters. there's also probably some security benefit over existing deployable ILS systems, since an ILS is literally a radio beacon shining into the sky saying "this is the exact location of the runway" while this GPS thing could be used over an encrypted datalink.

that's my interpretation :shrug:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

graph posted:

can you do something similar with peaches

Unfamiliar with using peaches but I found this discussion: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/why-cant-a-person-use-straight-peach-juice-for-cider.579337/

There's a good point made about peaches being very tart and sweet and if fermented it's liable to be super-tart.

Could always make a peach liqueur to use along with other things: https://www.thespruceeats.com/peach-liqueur-recipe-1807072

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

And there's peach brandy if you've got the space and equipment and a veritable shitload of the fruit

https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/moonshine-still-blog/15497056-how-to-make-peach-moonshine-part-1

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

t-t-t-tripplepost

I'm also getting some distiller's yeast because a buddy of mine has multiple pear trees that're also going crazy with production this year and we should have enough to make a batch of the spicy stuff.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Chipped my tooth eating some carrots this morning. Learned my lesson, will not be eating anything healthy ever again.

good

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

there is peach cider from the looks of things but you mix with apples

https://diyhardcider.com/peach-hard-cider-recipe/

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I just ate a toasted English muffin with butter and thought of this thread

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

yay; i got it working, and now i have a quadro p4000 when i had a 1060 before. the 1060 stopped working a few months ago, so i looked around a bit and eventually found this quadro at a reasonable price. it's mostly just nice to have the system up and running, but the p4000 is only a bit slower than the 1070 for games and such too, so it should be nice

plus if i decide to do any 3d stuff it would work for that too. really good having the system back up, since it's the main comp i use for travelling. it even formats this display at the native 1366x768, which nothing ever does correctly. only thing is i have to use the onboard graphics before windows loads now, but that's fine whatevs

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

AnimeIsTrash posted:

rip. a friend of mine broke one of his eating goldfish crackers and had to get an implant

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

chipped one eating Jordan almonds earlier this year. liquify all foods.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C-dsCaFJzE

really love the synth on this song

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Sagebrush posted:

can you 3D print some better posts

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If I were in your situation I wouldn't be raising the question of post quality

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Sagebrush posted:

If I were in your situation I wouldn't be raising the question of post quality

yeah because youd be making lovely posts instead

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

uuuugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my 3d printer is so stupid i plugged it in and loaded a pwms file and the build plate didn’t even come all the way down to the screen

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

skipped dinner last night, guess i'll have to eat lunch.. and also breakfast. uh oh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my slicing software has a bug it’s asking for lift speed in mm/min instead of mm/s why is everything so stupid

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Fortaleza posted:

t-t-t-tripplepost

I'm also getting some distiller's yeast because a buddy of mine has multiple pear trees that're also going crazy with production this year and we should have enough to make a batch of the spicy stuff.

fix the cut off edges of your av, you absolute cretin

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vintersorg posted:

It's Whopper Wednesday so that's what I am getting later as I didn't pack a lunch.

E: $5 for a meal

i like the "double quarter pound king" -- they don't put mayonnaise on it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

croquettes with mayonnaise are actually not bad..

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

yeah because youd be making lovely posts instead

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dioxazine posted:

croquettes with mayonnaise are actually not bad..

my brain read this as "cigarettes with mayonnaise" and I could only wonder what the French will come up with next

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

lament.cfg posted:

fix the cut off edges of your av, you absolute cretin

The source image is like that :|

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PokeJoe posted:

my brain read this as "cigarettes with mayonnaise" and I could only wonder what the French will come up with next

hon hon hon :france:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Fortaleza posted:

The source image is like that :|

oh it's an NFT avatar, you can't change the image yourself, got it