Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seems like the Olympics are starting to wind down a bit, less and less medals up for grabs. Now is a good time to discuss some new and fun Olympic sports for the future.

We have breakdancing coming in 2024, so there's probably no limits on the type of stuff they could get into the Olympics at this point!

Personally, I would like to throw in team tag into the hat for new sports, this poo poo is pretty loving fun to watch on YouTube, way more fun than it should be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtB4IDhOZIQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu close thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dodgeball

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Inline Skating

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pro Wrestling

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Olympic watching the Olympics. It feels like a real marathon for some of us. I know it'd be another judged event, but they're common. And I think there's definitely the chance a few goons could qualify.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Finally my chance for a gold medal...

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Olympic bombing (hold up CIA man) as part of the diving events. Competitors can use any of the diving platforms and whoever makes the biggest splash wins. Judges sit right by the pool wearing plastic ponchos.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

:hmmyes:

Also parkour. Give them some obstacle puzzles to overcome and have them judged on time, creativity, and athletics.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Paintball, the more realistic one where you shoot the little BBs (can't remember the name) or better yet, two squads fighting with live ammo.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Rarity posted:

Pro Wrestling

Pro wrestling as a judged team sport would be hilarious. Youd have like Jericho/Omega and/or Owens/Zayn representing Canada and each country gets a 5 minute segment in ring to tell build heat/set the storyline and then a 15 minute match with scoring based on Meltzer snowflakes. Teams also get bonus/penalty degree of difficulty points for adding booking elements/gimmicks. Like a blindfold match gets an extra star for making a lovely match type work or a ladder match is worth negative 1 for taking an easy match type.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Look I just want to send Zack Sabre Jr to the Olympics is that too much to ask?

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Cmon rarity, we all know Ibushi would win in the final. Japans medal to lose.

As for events? More mixed relays. Ive loved watching the relay triathlon and swimming.

Mixed team road time trial next?

Oh, and for Paris 2024? Ptanque.

Red is Dead fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 4, 2021

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

e sports obviously

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Red is Dead posted:

As for events? More mixed relays. Ive loved watching the relay triathlon and swimming.

How is there a mixed 4x400 relay but not a badass 4x100 for the fastest country on Earth?

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

pseudodragon posted:

How is there a mixed 4x400 relay but not a badass 4x100 for the fastest country on Earth?

I assume because of the number of elite runners per country. Wouldnt be able to have heats/semis/finals?

Jamaica
USA
GBR
France?
Germany?
Australia?
China?
Japan?
ROC?
Netherlands?

Not enough for the full program, I suppose.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
All of the winter olympics, but on roller skis

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

that reminds me, the world games exist, where would-be (and sometimes eventual) olympic sports are contested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Games

next year they're in alabama

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

or better yet, two squads fighting with live ammo.

I dont think we're far enough into the hellworld timeline to be ready for IRL team deathmatch

Kallikaa
Jun 13, 2001
Since the winter games has curling there should be a summer equivalent - some version of boules.

And bring back tug of war.

Come to think of it, calling it an olympics without reintroducing Pankration just isn't right.

Kallikaa fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 5, 2021

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sumo Wrestling
Pro Wrestling
Fighting

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
High Fall

Like an inverse high jump where you have to fall as far as possible into a sandpit and survive

Kallikaa
Jun 13, 2001
Chess without any time limit as an antidote to all the xtreme sports.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Massive penalties if you stall for more than 20 seconds cause if not it would be boring.

My suggestions:
Soap Box Derby
Hacky Sack
Handball

And most of these but as competitive as they can be. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_art_competitions
Painting? gently caress yea!
Make a sculpture? Sure why not!
Town planning? Yea, whatever the hell that is!
Music? Write some stuff
Compositions for orchestra? I got all night to wait and listen

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

curling 2

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sychronized Judo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Bar fighting.

You get a bonus multiplier for your BAC.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Synchronized Decathlon

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

They should promote some of the Paralympic sports and let anyone compete.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
paintball

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Murder.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mrenda posted:

Olympic bombing (hold up CIA man) as part of the diving events. Competitors can use any of the diving platforms and whoever makes the biggest splash wins. Judges sit right by the pool wearing plastic ponchos.

I'm thinking some kind of pairing of events, so you take a shot putter (because I'm watching that now) and diving, and the athletes from each discipline have to compete in both and the combined scores from all four combinations is what counts.

Basically pick the funniest two combinations of events.

Edit: Table Tennis and Tennis, just to see how they translate??

pik_d fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 5, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

every olympic event must be done on horseback

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

R.D. Mangles posted:

every olympic event must be done on horseback

Skateboarders gonna have to kickflip a horse, huh

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Anything featured in We Are the Champions. Except the frog-jumping and maybe the hair-dressing because I'm not sure they're physical enough.

So basically:

- Chasing a wheel of cheese down a hill
- Yo-yo
- Chili Pepper Eating
- Dog Dancing.

Digital Jedi posted:

And most of these but as competitive as they can be. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_art_competitions
Painting? gently caress yea!
Make a sculpture? Sure why not!
Town planning? Yea, whatever the hell that is!
Music? Write some stuff
Compositions for orchestra? I got all night to wait and listen

Nevermind, hairdressing can be on the list too. So just Frog-Jumping is out from We Are the Champions.

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 5, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pik_d posted:

Skateboarders gonna have to kickflip a horse, huh

The horse will have to flip kick a gigantic Equine Skateboard

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just make all events simultaneous and full-contact. Unleash it all.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

*extremely hey guys im from the midwest voice*

cornhole

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Anyone claiming that they wouldnt watch full contact golf is a drat liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010