Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
aaaactually 1 hourse is like 2.5 horsepower HOW DARE YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the hp to torque thing is so weird at first

hp = (torque in ft-lb * rpm) / 5252

"wait why does every dyno graph's lines cross at the same point"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
also the barn guy (stall cleaning and horse watering) took out a big loan for a yellow mustang “for his girlfriend” and apparently she moved out over an argument about the payments on it. important update on that today:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

the hp to torque thing is so weird at first

hp = (torque in ft-lb * rpm) / 5252

"wait why does every dyno graph's lines cross at the same point"

the stock s2000 torque graph is a good illustration of that, being basically flat except for that vtec bumpu:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

back when i still had a facebook a horse girl i knew in college posted a thing about how everyone must try riding a horse someday, you simply can't understand the feeling of that power right underneath you, there's nothing like it in the world blah blah

i posted "if that's what one horsepower feels like, you should try my motorcycle, it's sixty times better!" and that was the WRONG ANSWER hoo boy. horses are apparently serious business

poor Honda, thought of gummed up carburators and died

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

in the city, "horse people" implies "crazy people"; rurals need feetnotes

i grew up in lexington which may, along with louisville be the main exception here because the state is like 1/3 horse industry, 1/3 coal, 1/6 cars and 1/6 bourbon

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

now i'm remembering that as one of several angry replies she posted a video of a horse racing a motorcycle on the dirt infield of a horse track, just straight out and back, with the horse winning because it has much better traction and acceleration on dirt, like that was some big own. lmao

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Everyone who enjoys laughing at horse people should probably check out the Bad With Money thread.

Relevant content:

https://twitter.com/STALLE0N/status/1422588232798179334

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I dated a horse girl and she hooked up a saucer sled to her tiny horse and it dragged us around a snow-covered field. It was a lot of fun but she was 100% pure insanity, no question.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1272888227192606721

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my horses eat everything, poo poo everywhere, and do gently caress all other than what I just posted above.

no one even rides those fuckers why the gently caress are they even here?

I’m going to swap them for a herd of useless cows.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

good idea. cows are vastly superior to horses.

i remember reading a thing from a farmer saying that most animals will ignore whatever else they're doing if you present them with food, but cows prefer being petted and will go for that over food. i like that.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

he has access to all the paddocks but still wants the grass from the garden

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

they’re pasture ornaments

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

i remember reading a thing from a farmer saying that most animals will ignore whatever else they're doing if you present them with food, but cows prefer being petted and will go for that over food. i like that.

cows also really like music

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

nice highland cattle you got there

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

wife wants to get some valais black nose sheep

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

cows love scritches

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

nice highland cattle you got there

they're so soft :allears:

jesus WEP posted:

cows also really like music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMCIEtC-tJk

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

wife wants to get some valais black nose sheep

i also choose this poster's smart wife's choice

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

there are horses that are nice and friendly like that

but many are just jerks

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

take my jerks

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
our cows definitely preferred food to pets but they probably stop trusting you when you continually take off their balls

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kentucky exports jerks not imports them

...wait i live in minnesota now... gently caress

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
the barn also has this zonkey.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

hobbesmaster posted:

kentucky exports jerks not imports them

...wait i live in minnesota now... gently caress

i mean they produce so many

but they import them too i mean rand paul moved there

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

the barn also has this zonkey.

awesome. it's like a scene donkey

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

awesome. it's like a scene donkey

this ain't a scene
it's a brown black striped face

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

wonky zonky

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

also the barn guy (stall cleaning and horse watering) took out a big loan for a yellow mustang “for his girlfriend” and apparently she moved out over an argument about the payments on it. important update on that today:

thought you were talking about an actual horse at first

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Sagebrush posted:

now i'm remembering that as one of several angry replies she posted a video of a horse racing a motorcycle on the dirt infield of a horse track, just straight out and back, with the horse winning because it has much better traction and acceleration on dirt, like that was some big own. lmao

i originally interpreted this as the horse was riding the motorcycle and now i'm disappointed

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

the real story's boring; from now on the dude rode up on a bright yellow horse with a transformers logo shaved into its rear end, and said to his gf "hey bb this is yours after only 76 more payments", while the horse was taking a giant poo poo on the lawn

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
this is a really excellent get

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/tom_on_here/status/1423007270586265600?s=21

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

i grew up in lexington which may, along with louisville be the main exception here because the state is like 1/3 horse industry, 1/3 coal, 1/6 cars and 1/6 bourbon

yeah but the horse-dancers are all fuckin certifiable

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

can i get this but it's fans instead of speakers

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

can i get this but it's pants instead of a hat

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

can i get this but instead of playing music it just screams aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
gonna get that hat and walk around playing the pool song from the music man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lol wonky donkey is literally on the floor right next to me irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
zonkey looks a little less wonky now that his coat has evened out

zebras are mean as hell tho, had to separate the zonkey from his donkey mom cuz his zebra half made him super bitey