Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
I like a good buzz as much as the next goon, and I wanna try some betel nut. I think it's the dried nut of some southeastern palm tree. It produces a nicotine like buzz and you dip it in a quid like tobacco. It's definitely carcinogenic and horrible for your oral health, but very popular in Southeast Asia.

Anyone know how to find it in America?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No I have not tried the nut, big nut, betel nut, in my anus or in my veejay, never tried the nut as it nutted

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Twat McTwatterson posted:

It's definitely carcinogenic and horrible for your oral health

yeah sounds great

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
op i hope you like red because everything around you is about to get stained red for ever

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in
I tried it once (in Taiwan). Already drunk, but it was pretty gross and felt just as carcinogenic as you'd think, and I don't remember feeling a buzz. They stain your mouth/teeth red, too.

Don't waste your time with it imo, although truck drivers and taxi drivers over there loved it. Also it's sold by cute girls in lingerie on roadside stands so at least there's that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have been to Saipan and betel nut spit is everywhere and it's foul and gross

Also I'm 99% sure it's illegal in the states

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
don't bother me when i'm on nutto

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
If you yell "betel nut" three times Beetlejuice appears and teabags you

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

just take kratom op

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i gobble nut every day

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i gobble nut every day

Gobble nut? The pussy looked up at me, said "nut please?" I looked down and I said no.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Clowner posted:

I tried it once (in Taiwan). Already drunk, but it was pretty gross and felt just as carcinogenic as you'd think, and I don't remember feeling a buzz. They stain your mouth/teeth red, too.

Don't waste your time with it imo, although truck drivers and taxi drivers over there loved it. Also it's sold by cute girls in lingerie on roadside stands so at least there's that.

Thanks for the feedback, bro. I would def try it once if the buzz were good, but gently caress if it's not worth it in the slightest.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Heard about it, never been over there so I've never had the chance to gently caress up my mouth chewing it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I stopped looking for it after I was told it feels no better than dipping or smoking. Has to feel at least as good as coke for me to bother trying it.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

The Bloop posted:

I have been to Saipan and betel nut spit is everywhere and it's foul and gross

Also I'm 99% sure it's illegal in the states

you can buy it at mom and pop convenience stores in hawaii, especially any neighborhood with a high Micronesian population.

not sure if it is legal at all. they always sell it in generic ziplock bags, but they don't try to hide them.

always at the front counter next to the candy bars

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just chew coca leaves op

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Is this the same thing as “gutka” chewing tobacco in India? I tried that and it was p gross

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
yeah i also heard that you nut if you boof a khat and kratom speedball

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
yeah there's totally this amazing 3rd world drug that vice or buzzfeed or w/e hasn't heard of yet, join my mailing list and you can put it up your butt within the next business week

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

So it's less buzz than smoking and stains your teeth red. Not seeing an upside.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

What does Betel nut do vs all the Kratom stuff that they are suggesting.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Betel deez nuts

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
I just wanted to post the words Beetle Nut in here, alright see ya later

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

All I know about betel nut is we used to lol at Jehovas Witnesses dedicating so much energy nto being *horrified* by it and freaking out about how all the kids are probably eating betel nut. We didnt even know what betel nut was.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Mac and Cheese posted:

yeah there's totally this amazing 3rd world drug that vice or buzzfeed or w/e hasn't heard of yet, join my mailing list and you can put it up your butt within the next business week

no one is saying it's amazing, just that it's a drug that exists and people do.

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003

stinkypete posted:

What does Betel nut do vs all the Kratom stuff that they are suggesting.

I think beetle nuts and kratum just gently caress you up, but in a dirty and lovely way. Just loving shoot cocaine into your neck like the rest of us normal people

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

order it on the dark web and get arrested by the c-string DEA guy

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

no one is saying it's amazing, just that it's a drug that exists and people do.

have you put it up your butt yet?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mac and Cheese posted:

Give me a call and I can get something up your butt next day :roboluv:

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
I'd rather try chewing Khat before I'd suck on a beetles nut

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

imagine how hard you would have to gently caress up to be put on betel nut detail at the fuzz factory

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

*nuts on you*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Mac and Cheese posted:

have you put it up your butt yet?

do i have to remove the dicks first?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

youre betel off without it, op

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

do i have to remove the dicks first?

if there's still enough exposed mucous membrane in your colon no, if not you should pull some of those severed dicks out

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

duck monster posted:

*nuts on you*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hello Twat McTwatterson,

I regret to inform you that I have not tried "betel nut", but if you are interested in other nuts I might be willing to share my experience.

Hope this helps,

- CFS

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

duck monster posted:

All I know about betel nut is we used to lol at Jehovas Witnesses dedicating so much energy nto being *horrified* by it and freaking out about how all the kids are probably eating betel nut. We didnt even know what betel nut was.

This thread made me curious. I seen it once on a cooking show and the guy eating it said it was awful. I thought that maybe it was like khat or something. Banned by the prejudiced west for being a strange and exotic drug while at the same time we happily kill ourselves with legal tobacco and alcohol.

I went looking for pictures. I found one of a girl who couldn't be any more than 9, with missing teeth and a mouth full of red gunk. Yet at the same time looking really drat happy. I don't think I want to post it here. There are other pictures of older people who have chewed it for years. If you though meth mouth was bad...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
betel DEEZ nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Maguro posted:

you can buy it at mom and pop convenience stores in hawaii, especially any neighborhood with a high Micronesian population.

You can get it at some indian restaurants. Its wrapped in a leaf and mixed with spices. It didn't have any effect on me, maybe I had to have more than one piece.