Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

(me coming into the thread to give my opinion on colors)

https://twitter.com/no7__1/status/1422203253081575427?s=20

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Progressive JPEG posted:

we got a bunch of stuff on the stihl ap300 battery system over the last year or so
- chainsaw
- pole saw
- lawnmower

the chainsaw needs chain oil and regular sharpening but thats about it, and very lightweight without any idle noise or vibration since its effectively just a motor on a 227Wh battery

I was this close to getting that very thing. I just have so much chainsawing to do - three large pines and two 100+ year old widowmaker gums - I pussied out and went 2 stroke.

the no tool chain adjuster is loving bullshit. but the chain is good. hardly had to sharpen it. better than my old Jobmate chainsaw, which I have inevitably thrown into the swamp.

anyway 10/10 would saw again.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

chainsaws are not cheap.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i bought a battery operated mower for our 1/6 acre yard and it’s one of the smartest purchases I’ve ever made. what was not a smart purchase was the manual reel mower that immediately preceded it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

President Beep posted:

i bought a battery operated mower for our 1/6 acre yard and it’s one of the smartest purchases I’ve ever made. what was not a smart purchase was the manual reel mower that immediately preceded it.

i have a plug in mower that was a hand me down from a coworker 18 years ago that's still keeping my postage stamp of a front lawn tidy.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

this discussion reminds me of a trip out to a friend's wedding a couple years ago. her late father had a hobby of making mini bikes (like seats 8" off the ground) out of lawnmower engines and cut down bike frames so we took them out for a spin. there were also a couple battery powered mini bikes. the ICE bikes needed a little kick boost to get started but then they ran nicely, just putting along. so when you try out the electric bikes and apply a similar throttle you end up on your rear end and the bike flipped upside down, they were comparatively demons from hell

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i like corded power tools because i'm not a contractor and there's nowhere on the property i can't reach with an extension cord. costs a lot less, you can buy whatever brand mix you want, more power, don't have to remember to charge batteries

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i still say they should make power supplies that turn battery tools into plug-ins so you have the option. switchers are cheap and yes i know the currents involved. its not that big of a deal. your PC's power supply puts out plenty.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
you know i never thought of that, but now that you say it, someone must have tried it and given up after every single tool manufacturer separately threatened to sue them into the ground

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

it's a rebuild, but a neat one

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/80snewsscreens/status/1422238446182182914

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

chainsaws are not cheap.

fair i guess. i’ve never understood the whole berating a spouse thing, we wouldn’t care if either one of us bought a necessary tool

President Beep posted:

ya ours has been amazing and we just let the neighbours on either side borrow it when they need so that i don’t have to put up with lovely dinomowers next door

bought the weed eater that uses the same batts too and it’s been great

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DELETE CASCADE posted:

you know i never thought of that, but now that you say it, someone must have tried it and given up after every single tool manufacturer separately threatened to sue them into the ground

absofuckinlutely

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

if i ever need to buy a gas mower again i hope god just strikes me down right then and there.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
computer parts are dwellings for evil little techno goblins and thus should be neither seen nor heard

not even 1TB of RAM, get this weak poo poo out of here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

I smoke inside so this is my pc

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Jenny Agutter posted:

this discussion reminds me of a trip out to a friend's wedding a couple years ago. her late father had a hobby of making mini bikes (like seats 8" off the ground) out of lawnmower engines and cut down bike frames so we took them out for a spin. there were also a couple battery powered mini bikes. the ICE bikes needed a little kick boost to get started but then they ran nicely, just putting along. so when you try out the electric bikes and apply a similar throttle you end up on your rear end and the bike flipped upside down, they were comparatively demons from hell

cool dad

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

President Beep posted:

if i ever need to buy a gas mower again i hope god just strikes me down right then and there.

if i ever need to again it better be one of those kinds with the two big ape-hangar levers where you sit in the middle and can turn on a dime

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Sniep posted:

if i ever need to again it better be one of those kinds with the two big ape-hangar levers where you sit in the middle and can turn on a dime

Ego makes a battery version of a zero turn mower. People seem to like it but say it's expensive.

https://egopowerplus.com/zero-turn-riding-mower-zt4204l/

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

goddamn. 22hp equivalent. that’s more than I expected tbh.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Lake of Methane posted:

Ego makes a battery version of a zero turn mower. People seem to like it but say it's expensive.

https://egopowerplus.com/zero-turn-riding-mower-zt4204l/

jesus h christ

ok then

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
up to 8mph. finally, i can evade my dui and be environmentally friendly too

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/ai_curio/status/1423113392395636740

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What the hell is this anyway?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

Solvent Delivery Module

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Eschatron 9000

https://digital.sciencehistory.org/works/gx41mj18r
"High performance liquid chromatography analyzes the components of a sample by pumping a solution through a column containing an adsorbent material, which separates and interacts distinctly with the components. The flow rate is measured as the various components exit the column."

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

i still say they should make power supplies that turn battery tools into plug-ins so you have the option. switchers are cheap and yes i know the currents involved. its not that big of a deal. your PC's power supply puts out plenty.

you can buy empty battery pack shells for most power tools. just solder in a cord and a barrel collector and blammo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUu4CMZav5I

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

but people call me giorgio

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/05/meet-the-tuatara-the-sluggish-living-fossil-with-the-fastest-sperm-in-the-reptile-world

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
please don’t post my tinder profile

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cum? More like gone!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Sagebrush posted:

here are some olympic pole vaulters chilling in the steeplechase pit

https://i.imgur.com/qmkwtMY.mp4

absolutely no one cares, but that steeplechase wall says Stockholm City and has the St Erik logo, one of the ladies has the Stockholm Three Crowns tattooed on her thigh and the footage is from Swedish public tv.

it's probably from the Olympic Stadium, but the 1912 one right here in the city :sweden:

anyway, here's the first computer in Sweden: BARK

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dator, vatför är det så skönt att knulla bakifrån?
*piip pööp* #2 = #1
Hå hå hå precis!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

more like the morning_after_burrito_night.mp4

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
all these battery posts have me re-evaluating the way I feel about battery tools

have they gotten better in the last 27 years or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Has battery technology made progress since the 1990s?" is a helluva question.